Quantcast
Question about Israel Lebanon - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Question about Israel Lebanon

yah war is wrong esspecially when its a very stupid reason:

afghanistan war: September 11th (i dont think osama is that smart or has all that means )

Iraq: weapons of mass destruction ( which were never found)

lebanon: 2 kidnapped soldier - hazbollah told them to release some lebanese and palestinian prisoners and theyll give them back - what was wrong if they traded?

so far: from CBC news this morning

Civilians killed both sides: 720
    --- Lebanese:680
    --- Israeli: around 40

Soldiers killed on both sides: 62
    ---Lebanese: 29
    ---Israeli: 33

Something is wrong here to get 2 soldiers they lost 33 there has to be a bigger purpose or cause that we dont know yet dont u guys think so?

My Ride
    Rev. Runner

If Israel traded prisioners for the kidnapped soldiers, there would be more kidnappings and it would never end.

Originally posted by Dycker
    If Israel traded prisioners for the kidnapped soldiers, there would be more kidnappings and it would never end.
    thats a whole lot better than killing annndddd....... no there wont be too much more kidnapping

My Ride
    Rev. Runner

Why wouldn't it (the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers) stop until all prisioners are freed?

It turns into a vicious cycle and more people will get killed. (Just to point out wasn't eight Israeli soldiers killed to kidnap the two?)

I really have no clue as to how many people in the prisions over there are innocent or guilty but I don't think the exchanges would solve the problem of Israel still being a country formed on disputed land.

FYI, I am against Israel's actions of the past weeks and against Hezbollah's actions in the past months.

I have also given up my own religious beliefs as a whole. I cannot believe in any greater power whose followers think they are better than anyone else and that rules out pretty much all of them.

My Ride
    Rev. Runner

*edit - three were killed, not eight.

Originally posted by Snoop-Poop

so far: from CBC news this morning

Civilians killed both sides: 720
    --- Lebanese:680
    --- Israeli: around 40

Soldiers killed on both sides: 62
    ---Lebanese: 29
    ---Israeli: 33
    even 3 getting killed is far better than stats abone... also if they exchanged the soldiers for prisoners, it wouldnt be s bad.. and even if more kidnapping occured who cares as long as they free the prisoners- hizbollah onli asked for the civilian prisoners and mainly the women and elderly- both sides are wrong but they both need to grow up and think ahead....

look at the stats this isnt worth aeound 2 weeks.... too much man

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

even 3 getting killed is far better than stats abone... also if they exchanged the soldiers for prisoners, it wouldnt be s bad.. and even if more kidnapping occured who cares as long as they free the prisoners- hizbollah onli asked for the civilian prisoners and mainly the women and elderly- both sides are wrong but they both need to grow up and think ahead....

look at the stats this isnt worth aeound 2 weeks.... too much man

You just dont see the big picture here.
    So everytime someone is arrested they would just kidnap someone to get them back wether the person arrested is guilty or not.
    So say the taliban decides to hijack a plane full of canadians in exchange for the peeps that were planning to be head the PM.
    We should just turn them over so they can bomb canada later.

All this crap has too stop sometime and sorry to say but when you are dealing with extremists who want to rule the world only one thing can be done........
    You need to take your blinders off and look at the big picture.

Here are a couple more articals for you to read and I suggest you go back threw some other threads and read some of the other articals as well.

We are in the midsts of WW3 weather peeps see it or not and it is only going to get worse before it gets better.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/n...f-d83303988fff

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...3022-5852r.htm
    Last edited by collectskulls; 07-28-2006 at 12:58 PM.

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

and even if more kidnapping occured who cares as long as they free the prisoners-

Who cares? Obviously the jews do... They dont want more of their people getting bombed or kidnapped.

hizbollah onli asked for the civilian prisoners and mainly the women and elderly- both sides are wrong but they both need to grow up and think ahead....
    Personally i wouldnt want Criminals deciding who comes out of jail an who stays. lol, Who knows what some of those people have done to get where they are....

(btw: throwing a rock at any soldiers face is unacceptable, doesnt matter if you are a jewish soldier or not.)

People without a criminal record should be deciding that.

That would be ridiculous!

Hell Angels biker: "come on brotha!! let my uncle go, i swear he wont sell dope again... Please, take my word for it..."

Canadian Justice system : "hahahha, Nice try buddy. Fuck off"
    Last edited by RotaryDrifter; 07-28-2006 at 01:23 PM.

My Ride
    Rev. Runner

I totally agree that what has happened in the last two weeks is absolutely terrible but Hezbollah is only stating they want prisioners which is hiding their true agenda.

They want the ultimate destruction of Israel, and the lands given back to the people who were forced out.

So really, the kidnap/prisioner exchange really doesn't appease anyone.

I see some of these threads and it really does make me sad. All this racial/religious tension is making me sick. Some points I have:

1.) Any life taken in vain is a true tragedy.

2.) Religion is something that is found within.

3.) Stop using the actions of other nations to justify your miss-guided hate.

4.) If you reside in Canada and are judgmental of our born and bread Canadians, the border is open for you to leave just as you and/or your family came. Respect or get out.

5.) Regardless of what religions indoctrinate, we are a people of 1 race... "The Human Race", lets learn to respect our kin and forgive errors of the past.

6.) Muslim nations have received millions if not billions of dollars in foreign aid from countries they claim to be the enemy. The vast majority of the "Western Nations" does not hate you as near as much as you hate them (if at all). My point? Your people are your own enemy.

7.) The cause of this little tiff between Lebanon and Israel has no real immediate cause; the fighting in the area has been going on since any of us were born. It is going to take 1 nation to completely back down and understand + accept the existence of there neighbors in order for this to come to an end.

Final point, I’m not a Jew... but how dare ANY of you use the loss of human life to bolster your meger attempt to justify the actions of your nation. 6 million+ Jews were killed, leading to the near extinction of a very important people in history. Don't forget that other groups of people were targeted, and that included Muslims.

Get off your high horses and learn compromise and love for your fellow man.
    Wherever you go there you are

Israel today made and air raid and killed

60 people - 37 in which were children and he rest civilians

what the hell who can justify this.. its soo sad and wrong its a tragedy

My Ride
    SRT

how do explain it????? here you go einstein,

Qana's bloody history

Israeli Ambassador Dan Gillerman called it a "horrible, sad and bloody Sunday," and repeated Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's earlier apology for the attack.

But Israel claims Qana was targeted because it was a base for hundreds of Hezbollah rockets launched at Israel -- including 40 that injured five Israelis on Sunday.

Gillerman told the security meeting that Israel "beseeched" civilians to evacuate the village ahead of the attack.

Earlier, Israeli Foreign Ministry official Gideon Meir accused Hezbollah of using their own civilian population as "human shields."

"The Israeli defense forces dropped leaflets and warned the civilian population to leave the place because the Hezbollah turned it into a war zone," he said.

this is from the msn news on the msn messenger login... maybe take the time and read more than the first few lines, or whatever your antizionist bullshit wannabe propaganda feeds you.... the people there are trapped in the middle and its tragic, and all this antijewyness and same old antiamerican retoric is only playing further into the hands of the hesbolah, which will only prolong the suffering of the lebanese people... Toma needed proof last time when i said the hesbolah fire missles from buildings and shit so that either they dont get targeted, or when they do, they can blame the carnage on the population on the zionist pigs and american greed, or whatever the catchfraze is this week...well, its so main stream, its even on the daily msn news OOOHHHH WAIT!!! WAIIIT!!! that shit is controlled by the pro israel US media, who not only is influenced by the whitehouse, but by the jewy majority in the media and hollywood how could i have been so wrong

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Things are spiralling out of control, Hezbollah started this stupid conflict and damn them to hell for it, but the Israelis are going way to far now as well so damn them to hell for it too. Both sides of this conflict are fucked.

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Another peace mob gone wild;
    Hezbollah hides behind civilians
    By Michelle Malkin · July 30, 2006 10:23 AM
    Yesterday, I mentioned the wild mob of "peace" activists in Australia who kicked, punched and fired projectiles at PM John Howard's car to protest his support for Israel.

Today, there's this from Lebanon:

Lebanese protesters broke into the United Nations headquarters in Beirut on Sunday, smashing windows and ransacking offices, after an Israeli air strike killed at least 40 people in south Lebanon.
    Several thousand people massed outside the building in downtown Beirut chanting "Death to Israel, death to America. We sacrifice our blood and souls for Lebanon."

...U.N. spokesman Khaled Mansour said the building had been stoned and furniture smashed but no U.N. staff were hurt as they had taken refuge in the basement. He said a small fire was started on the second floor but it had been contained...

...Demonstrators tore down a United Nations flag outside the building and ripped it to shreds and called on Hizbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah to launch rocket attacks on Tel Aviv.

"Oh Nasrallah, oh our cherished one, destroy, destroy Tel Aviv," they chanted.

Members of Hizbollah, the Shi'ite group that sparked the war 19 days ago when it seized two Israeli soldiers and killed eight in a cross-border raid, tried to restrain the crowd.

The protesters gathered after an Israeli attack early on Sunday killed at least 40 people, including 23 children, in the southern Lebanese village of Qana.

Following the attack, Lebanon canceled a planned visit by U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Sunday, saying she was unwelcome until a ceasefire was declared.

Meanwhile, reader Heather passes along a story from the Australian Herald Sun featuring pictures smuggled from behind Lebanon's battle lines, showing that Hezbollah is waging war amid suburbia:

The images include one of a group of men and youths preparing to fire an anti-aircraft gun metres from an apartment block with sheets hanging out on a balcony to dry.
    Others show a militant with AK47 rifle guarding no-go zones after Israeli blitzes.

Another depicts the remnants of a Hezbollah Katyusha rocket in the middle of a residential block blown up in an Israeli air attack.

The Melbourne man who smuggled the shots out of Beirut and did not wish to be named said he was less than 400m from the block when it was obliterated.

"Hezbollah came in to launch their rockets, then within minutes the area was blasted by Israeli jets," he said.

"Until the Hezbollah fighters arrived, it had not been touched by the Israelis. Then it was totally devastated.

AJ Strata:

This alone is worthy of a UN resolution of condemnation for endangering the people these low-lifes hide among. Given their arms, it is probably safe to say they are forcing people to act as their shields. Another damning image of the so-called great Muslim Warrior.
    AJ e-mails that "Fox News is reporting that the Israeli IDF will be presenting video evidence that Hezbollah artillery or rocket launchers were indeed in the
    area of civilian casualties. Israel cannot be blamed for simply following
    the trail of a rocket back to its source to take it out AFTER it has been
    launched at Israel."

http://www.michellemalkin.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3