Quantcast
Israel losing the war?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel losing the war??

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Israel losing the war??

Hence the desperate salughter of civilains? Like a last ditch effort to gain a surrender??

To everyone who believes that Israel is waging a purely defensive campaign that is trying to keep civilian casualties low, here are the words of the Justice Minister of Isreal, Haim Ramon, former leader of the Labor Party (the party behind the Peace Process): ""We must reduce to dust the villages of the south [...] I don't understand why there is still electricity there." This was quoted in Haaretz on July 28. If this is what the Justice Minister is saying publicly, we can only imagine what the reality on the ground is in Lebanon. For an honest critique of the horrible damage Israel's actions are doing to the country's soul, see Gideon Levy's piece, "Days of Darkness," in Haaretz on Sunday, at http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/744061.html.

Yet despite the carnage, everyone but the ultra hawks in the Bush administration and the leadership of the American Jewish community seems to realize that Israel is losing this war. It can't even hold two small Lebanese towns. Hezbollah leaders like Nasrallah are already delivering what amounts, in the words of a colleague of mine, to "victory" speeches. Negotiations are under way that will likely return the Sheba farms to Lebanon, a previously unthinkable symbolic victory for Hezbollah. Syria will be brought back into the fold to help mediate a cease-fire, and the assassination of Harriri will be forgotten and forgiven.

In a few months a commission of inquiry will be formed in Israel to figure out how it got into this mess, and no lessons will be learned because they never are. The violence will continue, only now the Arab world will know that Israel is not invincible, which is the most dangerous outcome that could have happened for Israel in this war.

Hezbollah will be crowned king of Lebanon's politics, and everyone will forget the terrible human and financial toll that its operation brought to the people of Lebanon. Planning for the next war has already begun. And when it starts, Muslims and Jews will crowd into cyberspace, each defending the violence deployed by its side as legitimate.

Mark LeVine is a Prof. of History at the University of California, Irvine, and the author of "Why They Don't Hate Us: Lifting the Veil on the Axis of Evil." For more information see: www.culturejamming.org

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Default Re: Israel losing the war??

Originally posted by Toma
    Hence the desperate salughter of civilains? Like a last ditch effort to gain a surrender??

How come you are not outraged with all the civilains being killed in Israel??????????????

^^ He is biased. Hence all his posts.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

No napalm drops no care
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

I assure you that Israel is not losing this war.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Originally posted by collectskulls

How come you are not outraged with all the civilains being killed in Israel??????????????
    What civilians?

All of Northern Israel that can be reached with Hezzbolahs WW2 rockets has been evacuated. They have killed EASILY 10 times less civilians, and 10 times more soldiers then Israel has killed militants.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Sto...833884,00.html
    Last edited by Toma; 07-31-2006 at 03:48 PM.

My Ride
    Acura TL 6MT SH-AWD

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
    Yeah, but do some research and his view point makes all hell of a lot more sence.

Plus I am easily more outraged when thousands of people are killed vs. tens, and the media calls Israel's tactics a "balanced responce"

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Isn't this some form of propaganda? What is this.. the 10th anti-israel post?

My Ride
    Acura TL 6MT SH-AWD

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    Isn't this some form of propaganda? What is this.. the 10th anti-israel post?
    Anti Israel = propaganda?

Pro Israel = Truth?

That's for you to find out.

Take both side's info, and make up your own mind.

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Originally posted by dericer

Anti Israel = propaganda?

Pro Israel = Truth?

That's for you to find out.

Take both side's info, and make up your own mind.

you really need to watch this

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...97493278181614

My Ride
    You Crazy

Hezzbolah commander speaks...

"Hezbollah hasn't even mobilized all its active fighters, and the Israelis are calling their reserve units," he said. "When we defeated them in 2000 we did that with [Katyusha] rockets. We had six years to prepare for this day - the Americans are sending laser-guided missiles to the Israelis, what's wrong if the Iranians help us? When the Syrians were here we would get stuff through their supply lines, now it's more difficult."

The TV is blaring patriotic songs and pictures of destroyed bridges, houses, and buildings. The men are feeling confident - only a day earlier the Israelis suffered heavy casualties in the village of Bint Jbeil.

"Our strategy is to hit the commandos and the Golani units like we did in Bint Jbeil," Ali says. "Those are their best units. If they can't do anything, the morale of the reserve units will sink."

For Ali and his comrades, the latest conflict is a war of survival not only for Hezbollah but for the whole Shia community. It is not only as a war with Israel, their enemy for decades, but also with the Sunni community. Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Egypt have all expressed fears of Iranian domination over the Middle East.

"If Israel comes out victorious from this conflict, this will be a victory for the Sunnis and they will take the Shia community back in history dozens of years to the time when we were only allowed to work as garbage collectors in this country. The Shia will all die before letting this happen again."

He says that even if the international community calls on Hezbollah to disarm as part of a peace deal, he and his men will not lay down their arms. "This war is episode two in disarming Hezbollah. First they tried to do it through the Lebanese government and the UN. When they failed, the Americans asked the Israelis to do the job."

Despite Israel's claims to have inflicted heavy losses on Hezbollah, Ali insists his side is in a strong position. "Things are going very well now, whatever happens we are winning. If they keep bombing us we will stay in the shelters, and with each bomb more people support the resistance. If they invade they will repeat the miserable fate they had in 1982, and if they hold one square foot they will give the Islamic resistance all the legitimacy. If they want to kill Hezbollah they have to kill every Shia in the south of Lebanon."

And even when the battle with the Israelis is over, he adds menacingly, Hezbollah will have other battles to fight. "The real battle is after the end of this war. We will have to settle score with the Lebanese politicians. We also have the best security and intelligence apparatus in this country, and we can reach any of those people who are speaking against us now. Let's finish with the Israelis and then we will settle scores later."

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Hezzbolah commander speaks...

And this is who you support?

I hope you read that over again.Cause he basically say they are hiding amongst the civilians,they ignore the UN(so were probally using them as cover as well),and they want to take over Lebanon.

Btw here is a link to an X PLO members site

http://www.shoebat.com/

or read this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonie_Darwish
    Last edited by collectskulls; 07-31-2006 at 05:13 PM.

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Not once have i seen Mr. Alcan post about any jew that died, they are not important as Arab.

According to him, Arab Life > Jew Life.

Originally posted by l8braker
    I assure you that Israel is not losing this war.

[size=0.5]Hezbollah has been labeled a terrorist organization by the United States,[93] Canada,[94] and Israel.[95]

The United Kingdom, Netherlands and Australia[96] do not consider Hezbollah itself to be a terrorist group, but they list the Hezballah External Security Organisation (ESO) as terrorist. The UK states:

Hizballah External Security Organisation: Hizballah is committed to armed resistance to the state of Israel itself and aims to liberate all Palestinian territories and Jerusalem from Israeli occupation. It maintains a terrorist wing, the External Security Organisation (ESO), to help it achieve this.[97]
    In 2003, the Netherlands officially supported listing the ESO as a terrorist organization.[98] In 2004 the Dutch internal security agency AIVD, concluded:

"Investigations have shown that Hezbollah’s militant wing, the Hezbollah External Security Organization, has been directly and indirectly involved in terrorist acts. It can also be concluded that Hezbollah’s political and terrorist wings are controlled by one coordinating council. This means that there is indeed a link between these parts of the organization. The Netherlands has changed its policy and no longer makes a distinction between the political and terrorist Hezbollah branches. The Netherlands informed the relevant EU bodies of its findings[99].
    The United States based think tank, the Council on Foreign Relations, lists Hezbollah as a terrorist organization.
    [/size]

Originally posted by collectskulls

And this is who you support?

I hope you read that over again.Cause he basically say they are hiding amongst the civilians,they ignore the UN(so were probally using them as cover as well),and they want to take over Lebanon.

Btw here is a link to an X PLO members site

http://www.shoebat.com/

or read this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonie_Darwish
    Stop trying, That tin-foil hat is crazy glued on.

My Ride
    Memories...

I wish there was just one thread about the middle east war. Like an "OFFICIAL MEGA WAR THREAD"

Originally posted by asuth077
    I wish there was just one thread about the middle east war. Like an "OFFICIAL MEGA WAR THREAD"
    Sad but true.

Originally posted by dericer

Yeah, but do some research and his view point makes all hell of a lot more sence.

Plus I am easily more outraged when thousands of people are killed vs. tens, and the media calls Israel's tactics a "balanced responce"

Yet when everyone killed them for a thousand of year , no one really cared... hrmm

I dont need to research more.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Originally posted by asuth077
    Toma cannot comprehend the concept of one thread, he thinks you have to make a new thread everytime a new event happens.

and with each bomb more people support the resistance

This is what Israel fails to understand

I found another "terrorist-sympathizer":

The Web site posted portions of what it called the arresting deputy's original report, which quoted Mel Gibson as saying, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

Originally posted by turbotrip
    I found another "terrorist-sympathizer":

The Web site posted portions of what it called the arresting deputy's original report, which quoted Mel Gibson as saying, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."
    Yea, what was that all about???? Mel the drunken road warrior...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast