Quantcast
Israel losing the war?? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Israel losing the war??

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 05:21 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Attacking a sovereign country for something that they MIGHT do is wrong IMHO.... no matter how they dress it up, sugar coat it, or justify it.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Originally posted by adam c

wasnt it hezbollah that wanted war?
    all they have to do is give back the soldiers and all will be done but yet they continue to play cat and mouse with israel and try and turn the world against them
    Why do you keep bring that up? Have you not been paying attention to the ceasefire discussions? Israel will not agree to a ceasefire unless it includes complete disarmament of Hezbollah, along with securing a border zone in southern lebanon to prevent further missle strikes, and the mutual exchange of prisoners, etc.

Believing that a solution to the conflict is as simple as returning 2 captured soldiers is to be completely ignorant and oblivious to what is really going on in the region.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Originally posted by lint

Believing that a solution to the conflict is as simple as returning 2 captured soldiers is to be completely ignorant and oblivious to what is really going on in the region.
    You have a good point, but

Believing that a solution to the conflict is possible with out the hizballah disarming is to be completely ignorant and oblivious to what is really going on in the region, right?

lets not forget that the hizballah's ultimate objective is the destruction of Isreal, and they have made it quite clear that this is NOT negotiable.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by Toma
    Attacking a sovereign country for something that they MIGHT do is wrong IMHO.... no matter how they dress it up, sugar coat it, or justify it.
    So we should wait for the tanks to be rolling across France and Belgium before taking action, like 1939?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Originally posted by Tyler883

You have a good point, but

Believing that a solution to the conflict is possible with out the hizballah disarming is to be completely ignorant and oblivious to what is really going on in the region, right?

lets not forget that the hizballah's ultimate objective is the destruction of Isreal, and they have made it quite clear that this is NOT negotiable.
    Believing that it is all completely one sided, that Israel has done no wrong is also being completely ignorant of the situation.

Yes Hezbollah's objective is the destruction of Israel. But why is that? Remember why Hezbollah was formed? And why they made that their objective.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

So we should wait for the tanks to be rolling across France and Belgium before taking action, like 1939?

Or, have international consensus to do something about it.... like the UN

But essentially ... yeah.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Believing that it is all completely one sided, that Israel has done no wrong is also being completely ignorant of the situation.

Yes Hezbollah's objective is the destruction of Israel. But why is that? Remember why Hezbollah was formed? And why they made that their objective.
    Another good point, it isn't one sided. But then again, Hitler was the last time that the jews got into a one-sided situation. I think that both of us do not want that to happen again. I can totally empathize with Isreals 'covert' actions against terrorists. if there were Nazis in Lebenon, I'd support the same actions. A spade is a spade, when it comes to radicals that are determined to commit mass genocide.

BTW, didn't one of the links on this forum mention that Hezballah was actually formed before Isreal moved into Lebenon? In fact, isn't one of the hezballahs first terrorist attacks directed at southern lebenon, not Isreal?

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Or, have international consensus to do something about it.... like the UN

But essentially ... yeah.
    UN is joke they are not gonna stop nothing look around the world

And if everyone waits how many innocent people die then?
    Last edited by collectskulls; 08-04-2006 at 10:12 PM.

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

Originally posted by collectskulls

UN is joke they are not gonna stop nothing look around the world

And if everyone waits how many innocent people die then?
    the UN is better than nothing, its countries like the US-Israel that undermine it man...

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Originally posted by AcuraTl

the UN is better than nothing, its countries like the US-Israel that undermine it man...
    Rwanda
    Somalia
    Bosnia
    Korea
    And thats just of the top of my head

Originally posted by collectskulls

Rwanda
    Somalia
    Bosnia
    Korea
    And thats just of the top of my head
    China
    Russia
    Most anywhere in Africa
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Originally posted by Tyler883

Another good point, it isn't one sided. But then again, Hitler was the last time that the jews got into a one-sided situation. I think that both of us do not want that to happen again. I can totally empathize with Isreals 'covert' actions against terrorists. if there were Nazis in Lebenon, I'd support the same actions. A spade is a spade, when it comes to radicals that are determined to commit mass genocide.

BTW, didn't one of the links on this forum mention that Hezballah was actually formed before Isreal moved into Lebenon? In fact, isn't one of the hezballahs first terrorist attacks directed at southern lebenon, not Isreal?
    Apparently a spade is a spade is a spade, unless it's jewish.

And you should check your facts, according to Wikipedia

Hezbollah was formed to combat the Israeli occupation following the 1982 invasion of Lebanon
    Also worth noting:

Hezbollah not only has armed and political wings but also organises an extensive social development programme. This civilian wing runs hospitals, news services, and educational facilities. Its Reconstruction Campaign ('Jihad al-Bina') is responsible for numerous economic and infrastructure development projects in Lebanon.[16][17] The group currently operates at least four hospitals, 12 clinics, 12 schools, and two agricultural centres that provide farmers with technical assistance and training. It also has an environmental department and an extensive social assistance programme. Medical care provided through Hezbollah is also less expensive than in most of the country's private hospitals and free for Hezbollah members
    On the Lebanon War:

The Lebanon War (Hebrew: מלחמת לבנון, Milkhemet Levanon), also known as the Operation Peace of the Galilee (מבצע שלום הגליל, Mivtsa Shalom HaGalil in Hebrew), began June 6, 1982, when the Israel Defense Forces invaded southern Lebanon. The Government of Israel gave a green light for the invasion as a response to the assassination attempt against Israel's ambassador to the United Kingdom, Shlomo Argov by Fatah - Revolutionary Council and to artillery attacks launched by the Palestine Liberation Organization against populated areas in northern Israel. See also Operation Litani.

After attacking PLO, Syrian and Muslim Lebanese forces, Israel occupied southern Lebanon. Surrounded in West Beirut and subject to heavy bombardment, the PLO and the Syrian forces negotiated passage from Lebanon with the aid of international peacekeepers.

Background

After the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict, Lebanon became home to more than 110,000 Palestinian refugees from their homes in present day Israel. From 1970 to 1973, the PLO was engaged in the Jordanian Civil War, which routed a large number of Palestinian fighters and refugees into neighboring Lebanon. By 1975, they numbered more than 300,000, creating an informal state-within-a-state in South Lebanon. The PLO became a powerful force and played an important role in the Lebanese Civil War. Continual violence occurred between Israel and the PLO from 1968, peaking in Operation Litani.

On 10 July 1981, after a period of peace, violence erupted in South Lebanon. According to the U.N. Secretary-General, the Israeli air force bombarded Palestinian targets in south Lebanon, and later that day Palestinian elements fired artillery and rockets into northern Israel. However, according to the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress, "Israel responded to PLO rocket attacks on northern Israeli settlements by bombing PLO encampments in southern Lebanon."
    Who started the conflict? Not exactly a clear case, unless you only chose to look at one side or the other. However, in the current conflict, the loss of civilian life caused by Israelie air strikes shows a complete disregard for human life.
    Last edited by lint; 08-05-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 05:20 AM.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    What wonderful humanitarians, and to think they could've bought even more missiles instead of providing all those social services. Also, I wonder how they feel about other Lebanese like Druzes, Bedouins, Christians, etc... oh, wait, they hate them.

BTW you are actually linking to the Lebanon War, not the Lebanese Civil War.
    What religious group doesn't hate other religious groups and doesn't think that theirs is the one true religion?

Discount it all you want, Hezbollah may not be doing Israel any favours, but they have and will continue to do good for many Lebanese. And it serves once again to illustrate that Hezbollah is not all bad, just like Israel is not all good.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Apparently a spade is a spade is a spade, unless it's jewish.

And you should check your facts, according to Wikipedia

Also worth noting:

On the Lebanon War:

Who started the conflict? Not exactly a clear case, unless you only chose to look at one side or the other. However, in the current conflict, the loss of civilian life caused by Israelie air strikes shows a complete disregard for human life.
    You made some good points. I think 800 rockets rained down on Isreal should make that same list of 'complete disregard for human life'

I think you can complain about the Isreali bombs that damaged the airport. yet, you can't complain about the civilian airplanes that were destroyed becuase they weren't - they were warned and allowed to leave before the airport bombing. Also, you can't complain about the control tower being destroyed because it wasn't. I bet the lebanese media isn't covering these points in their news reports either - because it doesn't help them paint the Isrealis as the bad guys.

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

What religious group doesn't hate other religious groups and doesn't think that theirs is the one true religion?

Discount it all you want, Hezbollah may not be doing Israel any favours, but they have and will continue to do good for many Lebanese. And it serves once again to illustrate that Hezbollah is not all bad, just like Israel is not all good.

suffering from Headupass Sydrome?
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=140692

Reading doesnt hurt, does it?
    http://www.jews-for-allah.org/history-of-love/
    Last edited by RotaryDrifter; 08-05-2006 at 03:04 AM.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Rumour has it.... and its probably just scare tactic.... That Hezzbolah has ben stockpiling weapons and supplies for 7 years. The guys currently fighting are just the lackies, and they have not called up their professional soldiers yet. They are apprantly dug in and waiting for a larger scale invasion.
    Didn't Saddam say the same thing?
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    01 chevy silverado

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Israel losing the war??

Originally posted by Toms-SC

Didn't Saddam say the same thing?

uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no he didnt!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7