Quantcast
Significance of Damascus? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Significance of Damascus?

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Default Significance of Damascus?

Does anyone know the details of the book of revelations.....ie Doesn't 'the end' start by Damascus getting leveled to the ground? Isn't it the holy city that has never been destroyed?

I dont remember much talk about this. Just bits and peices from my youth.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 05:20 AM.

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

dam,
    mods are quick around here

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

haha - I didn't get to read it, but I bet you rhymed something with Damascus?

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

There once was a lady from Damascus.......

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    It was just a Missy Elliot lyric man

I like that song

maybe but hes asking a serious question and you came in and posted a Wyclef line??...why can't we all help when help is asked for around here??
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

got this with a quick search

http://sec21.blogspot.com/

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

I'm glad its already past the 3 of Aug and none of that has happened.

The author of this blog definitely sound like a kook, but at least he was able to confirm that Damascus plays a huge role in the book of revelations.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Well, it could happen. I mean once Hezzbolah is fully mobilized, and Iran joins Lebanon in fighting the Israeli aggressors, the US will Nuke Iran (with the bunker busters), and then the whole mid east will attack, including Syria.... and they will get nuked as well.

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

Originally posted by Toma
    Well, it could happen. I mean once Hezzbolah is fully mobilized, and Iran joins Lebanon in fighting the Israeli aggressors, the US will Nuke Iran (with the bunker busters), and then the whole mid east will attack, including Syria.... and they will get nuked as well.

LOL

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

What i posted in a different thread...

"THOSE RESPONSIBLE SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE”

The statement said, “some countries, mainly the USA, brings its financial and moral support to this massacre. This encourages Israel further. Israel is bombing the civilian targets night and day, massacring children, women, elderly civilians, as well as UN peace officers. Beyond this, energy and water resources, highways, bridges, schools, hospitals, infrastructure and houses are razed. This way, even those who survived will not be able to continue their livings.”

“The world should 'stop' this state terrorism. International organizations should convene urgently to impose sanctions on Israel,” it noted.

The statement also called on Hezbollah and other organizations to set free the Israeli soldiers they were abducted and put an end to their terrorist activities.

“The bloodshed in the Middle East should be stopped. The UN should not keep silent anymore. Those, who turned the Middle East to a lake of blood, should be judged in International War Crimes Tribunal” the statement remarked.
    http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/4869259.asp?gid=74

“terrorism is threatening the whole humanity. Let's stop terrorism all together”
    http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/4868451.asp?gid=74

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by Toma
    Tin-foil hats and mental illness
    There have been some people who believe in the efficacy of tin-foil hats and similar devices. Reasons for use include preventing abduction by alien beings, or stopping unpleasant experiences such as hearing voices in one's head. This draws on the stereotypical image of mind control operating by means of ESP, microwave radiation or other technological means. Belief in the effectiveness of tin-foil hats is popularly linked to mental illnesses such as paranoid schizophrenia.[1]

The delusion of "mind control rays" or other invasive mental activity may seem very real to those afflicted with severe paranoid delusions, and such persons have been known to make and wear improvised defences against the imagined invasion. A placebo effect may even convince the sufferer that the device actually works. While aluminium foil and tin-foil are traditional, less fragile materials such as 3M Velostat (a kind of metallised plastic) and metal window-screen mesh are now more commonly used. Electrical conductivity is seen as a key quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Maxt; 08-05-2006 at 03:50 PM.

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

Some news from Hurriyet...

Sezer asked for annulment of some articles of anti-terrorism law

Turkish President Ahmet Necdet Sezer made an appeal on Friday to the Constitutional Court asking for the annulment of the 5th and 6th articles of the Law amending the Anti-Terrorism Law, actually in force. The 5th article (of the amended law), which Sezer wanted to be annulled, makes an addition to the 4th paragraph of the Article 6th of Anti-Terrorism Law no:3713.

According to Art.5, if press or media hint that terrorist organizations would commit a crime against certain people (with/without clearly revealing name); reveal the name of public officials (who take part in fight against terrorism) or point to them as target; owners and editors of the media organizations will be penalized (even if they were not involved in the crime).

The same article also envisages cessation of publication (for a period of 15 to 30 days) of a newspaper that openly incites people committing crime, eulogizing crimes by terrorist organization and/or criminals; or makes the propaganda of the terrorist organization.

Article 6th, which Sezer also wanted to be annulled, amends Article 7th of the current Anti-Terrorism Law.

Under this article, in case the propaganda of the terrorist organization is made through media channels, owners and editors of the media organizations will be sentenced to fines.

It was recalled that President Sezer had earlier signed the law but stated that he would apply to the Constitutional Court asking the cancellation of certain articles of the Anti-Terrorism Law.

[size=0.5]
    Arab shoppers turn to Turkey as Israel bombs Lebanon

While Israel's bombing campaign of Beirut, one of the most important shopping and trade hubs in the Middle East, continues, Arab shoppers are bringing their business to Istanbul instead, arriving in large numbers. Some shops at Cevahir shopping center have seen sales increase by 30 per cent. The tourists are showing a preference for sequined, spangly jewelry and sensual underwear, according to salespeople.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/4874414.asp?gid=74
    [/size]

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Maxt

Tin-foil hats and mental illnessblah blah blah.... are traditional, less fragile materials such as 3M Velostat (a kind of metallised plastic) and metal window-screen mesh are now more commonly used. Electrical conductivity is seen as a key quality.
    I prefer mylar for the fashin statement, but tinfoil works best, but the trick most people forget is that you need a trailing ground since the aluminum cannot surroud your head completely as in the tradtional farady cage that it is modelled after