Quantcast
Israels war and the bible.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Israels war and the bible....

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Israels war and the bible....

Was listening to some christian station on the radio this morning.... they were going on about the bible prophecies and the mid east.... interesting stuff....

Then when you read current ties like this interview with Gilbert Achcar (prof of poli sci)

The coincidence of the objectives of the governments of Israel and the US has never historically been so transparent as it has been since 2001, when George W. Bush came to power in the US followed by Sharon in Israel. The degree of openness of their collusion is unprecedented. Never has the US so blatantly and openly endorsed an Israeli aggression. The Israeli army is doing the military work while the US is doing the diplomatic work, blocking ceasefire resolutions and buying Israel the time needed to fulfil its military objectives, while supplying it with the needed weaponry. The US conditions for a ceasefire are identical to those defined by the Israelis and concerted with them. As Washington puts it, this is part of the Bush administration's 'war on terror': Israel's aggression fits with the US-led imperialist war drive launched since 9/11 in this part of the world where two-thirds of world oil resources lie beneath the ground.

My Ride
    You Crazy

So, being the devout Christian GWB is... I guess my question is....

Are we about to see a self fulfilled prophecy due to a maniac at the helm of the US and Israel?

Originally posted by Toma
    So, being the devout Christian
    And all these years i thought you where an Bosnian Muslim.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by ICEBERG

And all these years i thought you where an Bosnian Muslim.
    DOH! Its Greek Orthodox....by birth only.... I am actually kind of an "areligious" person lol.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by Toma
    So, being the devout Christian GWB is... I guess my question is....

Are we about to see a self fulfilled prophecy due to a maniac at the helm of the US and Israel?
    The prophecies written in the Bible will take thier place in history as has every prophecy that has ever been writen in it, there are those prophicies wich have yet to come, but will most certainly take place.
    To a Christian, and the Bible itself, all the events taking place in our current world, are refferd to as "Birth Pains"

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 05:15 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    The prophecies, just like the books, are man-made, as are the conflicts themselves.
    The prophecies were in fact written by men, but they were shown to them by God and then Told to write them.
    The Bible was also written by man but was dictated by the Actual physical word of God.

The conflicts are indeed a result of mans mentality, over Biblical matters.

I don't say this to force it on any one, but we all live In a God governed world, I've said this before, and state it again. all the events which ahve taken place in the Bible are Historical documents, and not fictional writings.
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 08-06-2006 at 07:40 PM.

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

, I've said this before, and state it again. all the event which took place in the Bible are Historical documents, and not fictional writings.
    Does the Bible mention dinosaurs?

My Ride

Originally posted by collectskulls

Does the Bible mention dinosaurs?
    For the sake of being truthful and keeping the integrity of this thread; Yes the Bible does mention Dinosaurs, but it does it indirectly

If I had a better memory I would quote the verse for you, and mabey i'll take the time out of my day to find it for you, so that you may know

My Ride
    (s13 p.o.s 3years +) 97 pathfinder

Does the Bible mention aliens?

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

For the sake of being truthful and keeping the integrity of this thread; Yes the Bible does mention Dinosaurs, but it does it indirectly

If I had a better memory I would quote the verse for you, and mabey i'll take the time out of my day to find it for you, so that you may know
    That would be cool thank you.
    I have asked a couple other people who go to church on
    a regular basis and they both just looked at me like I was nuts.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 05:15 AM.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

side note:

When NASA went to the moon for the first time, they were expecting to find 12 feet of spacedust.......instead they found less than 1 inch of dust(about 6 thousand years worth)

My Ride
    the ladies crazay!

Originally posted by gen2teggy
    Does the Bible mention aliens?
    How about the Sasquatch?

My Ride
    something green

The biggest joke Toma, is that if Hizbollah was being backed by the U.S., you would be pro Israeli.. Its no secret how you feel about the US, but its hilarious that you subscribe to the same M.O. as the US ,and their foriegn policy you hold up as corrupt, which is my Enemy's enemy is my friend... Becoming a racist and buying everything you hear from either antisemite or a murderous terrorist organization is no rational just to counter US actions... Your arguments and opinions are pretty naked in their origins. ou do know Heir Chomsky is a jew right?.. A self hating Jew at that, hmm name another self hating meglomaniac with Jewish blood...Adolf Hitler...
    educate yourself..:

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/co....asp?aid=12204

All your posts hinge that Israel is the aggressor, that Jews always start the conflit, unfortunatley, history makes you out to be wrong. Even prior to the creation of Israel proper, Jews had lived and occupied that area, and at times, Islamic fundamentalists had tried to find ways to erradicate them, and at one time, even tried to enlist axis forces during the second world war to help with the erradication.. Why can Arabs live freely in a Jewish state, however Jews cannot live freely in Arab states? Israel has never been an imperialistic nation, its not trying to conquer the arab world, its actions have been defensive, but some people cannot disseminate fact from propganda. Like Syria yesterday saying that it has readied its defensive forces in case Israel attacks it.. The safets place in the middle east for the last 10 years has been the Syrian /Israeli border. But dig further, Syrian has been helping bankroll Hizbollah , so really it has already attacked Israel in a way. Its just not admitting it openly, in a war the truth is the first casualty, and world public opion means everything, no matter what good you are trying to do...
    Too loud for Aspen

Many devout Christians believe the "bible prophecy experts" are nutjobs and dismiss what they say.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

it's pretty ridculous when a christian thinks the bible is only paritally true. what else do they put their faith into? themselves?

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I'd still like someone to point out to me what they think Israel's alterior motive here is. They are going to blow the shit out of the Hezbulloh and get out.

If the plant the Star of David flag in downtown Beruit, I'll eat my words of course, I just don't see that happening here.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    it's pretty ridculous when a christian thinks the bible is only paritally true. what else do they put their faith into? themselves?
    What's more rediculous is if they think the whole things true.

"Slaves, obey your human masters with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ." (Ephesians 6:5)

"Slaves, obey your human masters in everything; don't work only while being watched, in order to please men, but work wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord." (Colossians 3:22)

"Slaves are to be submissive to their masters in everything, and to be well-pleasing, not talking back ." (Titus 2:9)

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel. " (1 Peter 2:18)

"If any man takes a wife, and goes in on her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, 'I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin..." (Deuteronomy 22:13,14)

"But if ... evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

31 " 'You must keep the Israelites separate from things that make them unclean, so they will not die in their uncleanness for defiling my dwelling place, [a] which is among them.' "

32 These are the regulations for a man with a discharge, for anyone made unclean by an emission of semen, 33 for a woman in her monthly period, for a man or a woman with a discharge, and for a man who lies with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.

Footnotes:

Leviticus 15:31 Or my tabernacle

Leviticus 15:16 (New International Version)
    New International Version (NIV)
    Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

16 " 'When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

As in most things in life...when people dont understand something they either fear it or ridicule it.
    Because a person does not believe something as true does not make it untrue. You cannot change what is true, one way or the other!
    Time will tell all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast