Quantcast
HOw can we help American ex military? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HOw can we help American ex military?

I think if they run away to a different country they are cowards and we shouldn't protect them.

I would respect their decision even if I didn't agree with it if they said, 'I will not fight' and then faced the consequences of their actions. They aren't facing the death penalty. They may face some time in the brig and will get a dishonourable discharge from the forces afterwards. If they truely believe in what they stand for, it would be a huge signal to the upper command, especially if a number of soldiers did this.

Have some balls and stand up for what you believe in, don't run away.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by DayGlow
    I think if they run away to a different country they are cowards and we shouldn't protect them.

I would respect their decision even if I didn't agree with it if they said, 'I will not fight' and then faced the consequences of their actions. They aren't facing the death penalty. They may face some time in the brig and will get a dishonourable discharge from the forces afterwards. If they truely believe in what they stand for, it would be a huge signal to the upper command, especially if a number of soldiers did this.

Have some balls and stand up for what you believe in, don't run away.

Well Said.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Originally posted by Schwa
    "Pvt. Anderson said he supported the war at first but changed his mind after he was ordered to shoot at a car speeding toward his checkpoint in Baghdad. He held his fire and saw the car was carrying a family with two small children.

I did the right thing because they were innocent, but my superior said I should have fired anyway," Anderson said. "Right then I decided I'm not going to fire my weapon unless I absolutely have to."

I support these guys.

A good soldier follows orders.

My Ride
    the ladies crazay!

Werd to that.

If they really don't like what's going on because of your high morals, then concientiously object, spend the rest of your tour in the brig, and when your time's up go home knowing you did the right thing.

If you REALLY don't want to be in the military, and prefer to run away, just come out of the closet.

If you just can't cut it and deal with problems through avoidance, then run away. And when you are caught in canada, you should be on the next transport back to wherever military court is held.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

If we are going to allow the americans to stay in Canada, does that mean that any Canadian soldier can book a flight back to Canada if they dont feel like fighting anymore?

Or how about Hizballah 'soldiers' that dont want to fight anymore?

My Ride
    Subaru(s)

Originally posted by Schwa
    "Pvt. Anderson said he supported the war at first but changed his mind after he was ordered to shoot at a car speeding toward his checkpoint in Baghdad. He held his fire and saw the car was carrying a family with two small children.

I did the right thing because they were innocent, but my superior said I should have fired anyway," Anderson said. "Right then I decided I'm not going to fire my weapon unless I absolutely have to."

I support these guys.
    How about the other 10,20,30(who knows) guys that did the same ? And the car was not full of children but explosives and killed some number of soldiers.

He should be punished for not following orders, just because it was a car with kids does not mean next time it will be and he will cost the lives of fellow soldiers for not following orders.
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

how can we help?

lets show them a map, and give them directions to the nearest border crossing. let them face the charges against them.

We have soldiers in our military, too. So Canada needs to maintain a firm stance on deserters.

PS F#cken spineless cowards

Originally posted by Charon

How about the other 10,20,30(who knows) guys that did the same ? And the car was not full of children but explosives and killed some number of soldiers.

He should be punished for not following orders, just because it was a car with kids does not mean next time it will be and he will cost the lives of fellow soldiers for not following orders.
    agreed

also if a person is stupid enough to blow themself up for some "righteous cause" then whats stopping them for strapping a kid in the front seat just so they can "get by" spineless soldiers like said "Pvt anderson"

Dont tell me that they wouldnt put a kid in the car cause lets face it, if you're willing to blow yourself up you ARE nuts, i dont care what your religious or "ethical" justification is
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2