Quantcast
Mass terrorist plot thwarted in UK - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mass terrorist plot thwarted in UK

My Ride
    02 BMW 325Ci

Originally posted by adam c

seriously.. are u like the main supported of terrorism or something? why dont u just join a terrorist group or something? with the comments u post and ideas u write.. like come on. wtf is wrong with u

My dad flew home from London last night, this shit is so messed up.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by R-Audi
    If I were Scotland Yard, there is no way i would release all of the information...
    Think of it this way. Why would you share ideas how someone could potentially blow up a plane with others.. especially if there are others out there that would want to potentially blow up something else? You are better off saying "explosives on a plane" and not fully releasing the details. (Step by Step how to?, Dummies Guide to Blowing up XXXXXXX)
    doesnt matter.. terrorist groups tend to plot together and share ideas redily
    Sig nuked by mod.

again TOMA your a fucktard.

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    Queue up mates. F'ing terrorists always gotta F shit up.
    I'm flying to the states in a couple weeks.
    Brown guy + going to states = they're going to think I'm Al Qaeda.
    prepare for some rubber glove treatment... you terrorist

off topic: saw your car few days ago (least i think it was you) looks good mang
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    You Crazy

All I am saying is in a world that now finds it acceptable detaining you for what you believe, instead of for what you do, I will reserve judgement till some facts are released....

That is all...

My Ride
    02 BMW 325Ci

Originally posted by Toma
    All I am saying is in a world that now finds it acceptable detaining you for what you believe, instead of for what you do, I will reserve judgement till some facts are released....

That is all...
    You sound worried.

My Ride
    the ladies crazay!

All I am saying is in a world that now finds it acceptable detaining you for what you believe, instead of for what you do,
    That's not new. Try talking christianity in Saudi Arabia and see what happens. Try not paying the sudden "entrance fee" to an african customs agent because of your morals. And these are not situations where you believe that it's acceptable and positive to plan blowing shit up, it's just that other places in the world aren't as accomodating to other cultrues as we in north america are.

I will reserve judgement till some facts are released....

That is all...

As should we all.

My Ride
    Bicycle

That is all...
    It's hard to find a balance.

On one hand, you tried to be fair and don't want to prosecute people that's all talk. But you can't really prosecute on evidence afterwards because the people who commits the crime would be all dead, along with their victims.

As for transparency, we want more. We want to know more. But the more released to public, the more terrorist knows how our system works and how to side step authorities.

It's hard to stop martyrdom. Sometime I'm thinking of the old Chinese way of punishment thousands of years ago may apply here. Where a serious crime is commited, not only the convicted will be executed, so will "9 generations" related to him. That includes hid own Mom, Dad, Kids, Grandkids, cousins and spouse's family and all relatives.

It will give them something to think about before being a martyr.

Detail enough for you Toma?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14278216/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-10-2006 at 05:14 PM.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    Queue up mates. F'ing terrorists always gotta F shit up.
    I'm flying to the states in a couple weeks.
    Brown guy + going to states = they're going to think I'm Al Qaeda.
    Its not that bad, I've taken a dozen flights in and out of the US in the last few months. Just make sure when you are going thru the metal detectors that you are not wearing a belt or anything with metal in it...or put it on the conveyor (shades, pens, coins, mp3, belts, watches, jewelry etc.) . Sandals and khakis are your best bet. On the way back from the US you have to walk thru without any footwear.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Godfuader

Its not that bad, I've taken a dozen flights in and out of the US in the last few months. Just make sure when you are going thru the metal detectors that you are not wearing a belt or anything with metal in it...or put it on the conveyor (shades, pens, coins, mp3, belts, watches, jewelry etc.) . Sandals and khakis are your best bet. On the way back from the US you have to walk thru without any footwear.
    Not after this incident. UK now force all flights passing thru it to have no carry-on electronics (anything runs on batteries). They all have to be checked.

US also banning all liquid on flights.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/...checked_1.html

2 problem from this:

1) Baggage handlers are going to have a field day digging thru checked baggage for laptops and other gizmos.

2) Airlines will start charging (more if they already do) for drinks on long flights.

Terrorists suck.

My Ride
    MB C63

^
    almost all airlines charge for anything now even water

and this is just going to be insanity because no body wants to check their laptop into a suitcase thats going to be thrown around like a ragdoll.

to terrorists we are going to be travelling naked soon without a choise. Its not them who are going to be prisoners itll be us.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

As if flying wasn't boring enough with all allowed electronics, now its going to be strictly books. How will it work for cell phones cuz i land and call the driver or whoever is picking me up. I am going to hate travelling to LAX, ATL, EWR and other major airports now, security take much much longer. but whatever, all in the name of increased security and safe travels.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Great job by Scotland yard and the Metro police yet again, hopefully all 24 of them mysteriously "dissapear" off the face of the planet, plus the 5 who got away.

I can't believe some of you support these guys or deny the reasons behind their arrests, unfuckingbelievable, why don't you go join their cult as well.

On another note in regards to the Canadian authorities, look at their perspective, detain some losers who probably should be kciked out of the country anyways for a week, or give them the benefit of the doubt and potentially lose xxxx lives and xx buildings, not to mention bad press everywhere. Plus it's the Canadian authorities, do you really expect them to do that great. +1 for not giving benefit of the doubt.

Whoever said "kill all americans" probably means "I have a disagreement with them", that is fucking rediclous give your head a shake.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 05:06 AM.

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by Godfuader

Yea, its always the 'Peaceful Pakis'. The last time something like this was attempted, it was a Brit.

From your beloved CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/eu...ror/index.html
    Actually this time many were from Pakistan

My Ride
    something green

These are the names of 19 suspects reportedly being held by the police after the foiled plot and whose assets the Treasury has sought to have frozen.

Umir Hussain, 24, London E14
    Muhammed Usman Saddique, 24, London E17
    Waheed Zaman, 22, London E17
    Assan Abdullah Khan, 22, London E17
    Waseem Kayani, 28, High Wycombe
    Waheed Arafat Khan, 24, London E17
    Cossor Ali, 24, London E17
    Tayib Rauf, 21, Birmingham
    Ibrahim Savant, 26, London E17
    Osman Adam Khatib, 20, London E17
    Shamin Mohammed Uddin, 36, Stoke Newington
    Amin Asmin Tariq, 23, London E17
    Shazad Khuram Ali, 27, High Wycombe
    Tanvir Hussain, 24, London E10
    Umar Islam, 28, (born Brian Young) High Wycombe
    Assad Sarwar, 25, High Wycombe
    Abdullah Ali, 26, London E17
    Abdul Muneem Patel, 17, London E5
    Nabeel Hussain, 21, Waltham Forest

Those damn Irish kids...
    Last edited by Maxt; 08-10-2006 at 09:11 PM.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    SRT

LOL.... figures
    selective hearing again? sure looks like it... 4 of them did get released, but 18 were charged! its in the same website as the link this guy posted

My Ride
    the ladies crazay!

Originally posted by cman

Whoever said "kill all americans" probably means "I have a disagreement with them", that is fucking rediclous give your head a shake.
    That's exactly the point. It IS rediculous, and it's a political, cultural, and language issue in some parts of the world.

Well my sister and brother just arrived from Heathrow .. They said it took forever to get through shit , and there plane had to be searched 5 times because they had someone traveling by themselves with the name Hussain...

No liquids , no books , no ipods , no nothing at all.. Pretty stupid if you ask me ... The crappy air canada flight didnt even have a movie .. i would go nuts
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    SoupRYou

hmm kinda off topic
    but when i was coming back from pakistan
    in pakistan i had all luggage opend on a table happend to everyone and they searched everything this was b4 the
    xray thingy made me feel safer maybe this should this all
    over i think its safer if security checks ur stuff wide open
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast