Quantcast
Lebanese army and IDF have tea party during hostilities - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Lebanese army and IDF have tea party during hostilities

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Default Lebanese army and IDF have tea party during hostilities

BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- A video showing Lebanese soldiers cordially offering Israeli troops glasses of tea during the military offensive earlier this month has hit Israeli and Hezbollah airwaves.

The video, shot by Israelis on August 10, when Israeli troops "took control" of the southern Lebanese town of Marjeyoun, aired on Israel's Channel 2 on Wednesday.

Hezbollah's al-Manar TV network and pro-Hezbollah NEW TV then picked up the video and condemned the Lebanese soldiers as deserters. (Watch the video to see if it suggests treason or courtesy -- 2:29)

There have been conflicting accounts of what happened at Marjeyoun.

In the video, two Israeli tanks roll up to the gate of the Marjeyoun garrison, where a white surrender flag flutters outside the barracks.

Inside, Lebanese soldiers hold trays with glasses of tea, which they offer to the Israelis. The encounter appears merely social.

However, it is possible that unpleasant parts of the video were deleted during editing.

After the video aired, the Lebanese interior ministry ordered the arrest of the base commander, Gen. Adnan Daoud, according to The Associated press. Lebanon does not recognize Israel and forbids its citizens any contact with Israelis.........................................................

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ain/index.html
    Last edited by eljefe; 08-18-2006 at 05:02 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Somebody made progress for peace and get fucked by politics.

My Ride

At one point in the video, Daoud and an Israeli soldier have the following exchange, as translated by CNN's Octavia Nasr:

Daoud: "Don't we need to tell our bosses?"

Israeli soldier: "Tell whoever you want."

Daoud: "We need to brief them on what happened."

Israeli soldier: "We briefed (U.S. President) Bush. You brief whoever you want."

Daoud: "We need to brief Bush too."

This is insightful for a few members here:

1 - Lebanese citizens are BARRED from interacting with any Israeli. It is not the other way around. Lebanon refuses to acknowledge Israel's existance. Not the other way around.

2 - The Lebanese have JAILED their commander for this. I would hate to be him right now, who knows if he will ever get out of prison. They might execute, torure him. It's not going to be pretty for his peaceful actons. Maybe if this man was running things, they wouldn't have had their asses handed to them. Has Israel jailed any of their soldiers/commanders because of this? No.
    Now... who wants peace again? Who are the peaceful people?

Are you implying the US is the one making all the decisions?

My Ride

To be honest, I was rather confused by that transcript.

Well here is my opinion on the whole out look ----- first it's really wrong that anyone would be in trouble for being kind. But I am not in the type of country where someone forbids me to talk to anyone much less tells me what to do. So it is easy for me to say "that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of" however, like I said, not being there I don't understand it.

I believe that people should be nice to one another, however I have learned that normally the nice person gets fuked in the end.

And if the US is calling the shots they need to keep their nose out of it...... it's not their business to worry about...... We have enough problems without sticking our nose into other countries business.......

However, if someone attacks people on our ground, which I do believe happened on 9/11, then i say shove a boot up their ass.
    Last edited by AD_Runner; 08-18-2006 at 12:14 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Allende

However, if someone attacks people on our ground, which I do believe happened on 9/11, then i say shove a boot up their ass.

Originally posted by l8braker

1 - Lebanese citizens are BARRED from interacting with any Israeli. It is not the other way around. Lebanon refuses to acknowledge Israel's existance. Not the other way around.

2 - The Lebanese have JAILED their commander for this. I would hate to be him right now, who knows if he will ever get out of prison. They might execute, torure him. It's not going to be pretty for his peaceful actons. Maybe if this man was running things, they wouldn't have had their asses handed to them. Has Israel jailed any of their soldiers/commanders because of this? No.
    Wow all bs, nice try none of #1 is actually true and I have not heard anything about a Lebanese commander being jailed, and yes Israel has jailed soldiers for refusing to accept their aggressive policies.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 04:46 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Here is the rest of the story....

For their commander, the Interior Ministry Brigadier General Adnan Daoud, has just been arrested for treason after Israeli television showed him taking tea with an Israeli officer in the Marjayoun barracks. Even worse, Hizbollah's television station Al-Manar - which stayed resolutely on air throughout this latest war despite Israel's best attempts to bomb it out of existence - picked up the Israeli tape and rebroadcast it across Lebanon.

Prior to his arrest, General Daoud was even rash enough to unburden his thoughts to Lauren Frayer, an enterprising reporter for the Associated Press who arrived in Marjayoun in time to record the general's last words before his arrest. The Israelis, he said, "came peacefully up to our gate, asking to speak with me by name". An Israeli officer who introduced himself as Col Ashaya chatted to Daoud about future Israeli-Lebanese military relations.

"For four hours, I took him on a tour of our base." the general said of "Ashaya". "He was probably on an intelligence mission and wanted to see if we had any Hizballah in here." But an hour after the supposedly friendly Israeli left, Israeli tanks blasted their way with shells through the gates of the Lebanese garrison. The Lebanese soldiers did not fire back. Instead, they fled Marjayoun - only to find that their long convoy, which included dozens of civilian cars, was attacked by Israeli pilots who killed seven civilians, including the wife of the mayor, who was decapitated by a missile.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 04:44 AM.

Originally posted by knowtheledge

Wow all bs, nice try none of #1 is actually true and I have not heard anything about a Lebanese commander being jailed, and yes Israel has jailed soldiers for refusing to accept their aggressive policies.
    It's in the article which was quoted. Read it with your eyes open.

wtf they bombed them after?, says that in the cnn video
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

It's in the article which was quoted. Read it with your eyes open.
    You ever been to Lebanon?

Originally posted by knowtheledge

You ever been to Lebanon?
    Have you?

how peace loving...they're invited in, so they scope the base, bomb the base, do NOT encounter counter fire, cos u know, then the arabs would be breaking the CEASE FIRE (in case u all forgot, it means DONT SHOOT, like they did on that base...the one they were INVITED TO). And then they bomb the convoy WITH civilians in it as they're LEAVING and NOT SHOOTING. Yeap, ur right, evil scum with theyre dirty war mongering ways...tsk tsk, serves those fucks just right doesnt it l8breaker???

Originally posted by boostless

how peace loving...they're invited in, so they scope the base, bomb the base, do NOT encounter counter fire, cos u know, then the arabs would be breaking the CEASE FIRE (in case u all forgot, it means DONT SHOOT, like they did on that base...the one they were INVITED TO). And then they bomb the convoy WITH civilians in it as they're LEAVING and NOT SHOOTING. Yeap, ur right, evil scum with theyre dirty war mongering ways...tsk tsk, serves those fucks just right doesnt it l8breaker???
    What?

I was commenting on YOUR comment. U called the Isrealis peace loving.
    I was saying how peace loving their actions are.
    Theyre invited into a base for tea, so Israel decides to recon the base, bomb it, and then bomb the convoy leaving it.
    Lebanon did not return fire because it is under cease fire and its observing it, UNLIKE ISRAEL.
    Clear enough?

Originally posted by Watcher

Have you?
    Yeah, so when I see people posting how they arent allowed to 'communicate' with Israelis its bs, Lebanon is very open and laid back religously mixed they even have gay bars in Beirut.