Quantcast
Illegal Street Racing is Stupid (duh!) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal Street Racing is Stupid (duh!)

My Ride
    08 Acura CSX-S Gone:1991 DSM Laser / '96 VW Jetta

Thumbs down Illegal Street Racing is Stupid (duh!)

Last night I went out to watch the street racing that goes on in the SE industrial area. I must say I've never seen that much stupid and irresponsible actions in my life.

To be honest, at first I though it was pretty cool. Nice cars and people all out to have a good time and share their interest in cars. But as soon as the cops showed up and people scattered, I couldn't believe all the empty liqour bottles scattered all over the side of the road. My group stayed around and waited for most of the people to clear before we made our exit. But just before that, some drunk 16 year old smashes his festiva into a Sunfire. So we move onto the the next spot.

We watched some races for a while, then some idiot starts driving this piece of sh!t old ass Pointiac Acadian like its a super street car. He's racing down a narrow road with 100's of people gathered on the side. Tries to top out his car. But the idiot does this right when a truck pulls out of a driveway. So we see him slam his brakes and then there's a huge cloud of smoke. We all know hes wrecked so the whole crowd of people all hop in there cars to see. Ends up this moron rolled his car with two other passengers in it. And to top it off the dude ditches his car. Takes his liscense plate grabs his subwoofer and starts asking people to take somewhere because he doesn't have legitamate insurance on his car.

After that we left. I kept thinking about all those people who say "keep it on the track". I used to think they were hypocrits who probably went out and street raced or were tight wads with a big carrot up there ass. But now I know they're probably the responsible racers who have the right idea.

I over heard some guys talking afterward at Tim Horton's saying its idiots like the drunks and people who dont know how to drive that ruin the street races for the responsible drivers. I kinda rolled my eyes at that and thought "the only responsible racers are the ones who do it safely and off the streets".

I dont plan on get involved in the illegal races any more. I used to think that they were more exciting than RaceCity but now I know that more exciting isn't better than more safe.

I plan to stay racing at Race City.

I'm sorry for the rant, but if any of you who want to get involved in racing should do it the smart way, and do it off the streets.

Happy Easter.

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

Exactly! Unbeleivable the retards that go out to the "shows"! I went to check it out one night, and it was just an accident waiting to happen, keep it on the track not only is it legal but it's safe.

My Ride
    335i

It's a pretty messed up place at those industrial races...

Too many 16 year olds who think they have something to prove...

The last time I went there(about a year ago), two semis were racing...thats when I stopped. Too gay for me.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Civic . . .

ya i went last night and it wa full of gayness.... but there were some nice cars there like that purple lude' mmm mmm honda goodness,and paul's itr lookin good like always but people drive like idoiots around there, and thats not cool at all if some little 16 year old hit me i'd probably lose it
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

My Ride
    1990 Prelude SR, NEW JDM B20A, booyah!

Yeah, the only real good way to street race is just a personal alone thing.. i like to go out when the roads are all clear early morn, or out on the highway type thing and just let loose alone.. you dont care if you take a corner slower than someone else did, kuz its about you and having fun with your car, not about beating some sex-crazed, hormoneized 16yr old driving daddy's beamer...
    -MR.luDe

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

I agree with you that street racing is stupid. But it is fun. I'd be lying if I said I don't race every once in a while. I don't attend organized races that much though anymore. To many "gangsta's" go there now, start fights, etc. I don't need some punk-ass 16 year old "thug" messing up my car because he thinks it's cool to knock a few back before heading out to the hang outs.

My races now are chance encounters in the street, usually.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by T5Bird
    Exactly! Unbeleivable the retards that go out to the "shows"! I went to check it out one night, and it was just an accident waiting to happen, keep it on the track not only is it legal but it's safe.
    there is nothing wrong with 'shows'. if they turn into racing, then thats where it gets bad, but a bunch of people hanging out and chatting about thier cars is really not bad at all. Infact it is quite enjoyable.

My Ride
    11 sec weather van

Originally posted by T5Bird
    keep it on the track not only is it legal but it's safe.
    Pffff not with you driving

I will never race at the sat night hangouts. Too many morons trying to show off...Drinking? Comon. thats the best fucking idea ive heard so far this year.
    I liked how last year people were racing BACK towards the crowd. Real smart
    Grow up.
    Ford tuning guy...

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.
    Georges Duhamel

joke of the day:
    Originally posted by Danger_Mouse
    There is a replacement for displacement. It's called technology.

Default Re: Illegal Street Racing is Stupid (duh!)

Originally posted by SpeedStar
    Last night I went out to watch the street racing that goes on in the SE industrial area. I must say I've never seen that much stupid and irresponsible actions in my life.
    Someone asked me the other day if I'm going to the "bullshits". All I could say was "Why? It's a bunch of bullshit indeed".

My Ride
    a MILF

that was my friend driving the festiva

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 08:58 PM.

it was my neighbours cousin who got hit... she snuck out her car too
    now shes fukkked

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa
    that was my friend driving the festiva
    Your friend is a fuckin' idiot.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Glowrider

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A 2002 Sunfire ~ not by choice!

Hey lilboykorea... whose ur neighbour? i'm the one who got hit by the way .... but ya what's ur neighbours name? i'm guessing tony?

My Ride
    a MILF

Originally posted by Glowrider

yah i know

My Ride
    RX-7/92 toyota pickup

What a surprise that a stupid 16 year old hit someone. The street races used to be good a couple of years ago when the only people that showed up were people that would actually race. And everyone seemed responsible for the most part. I'm scared to see whats going to happen this summer after another "fast and furious" movie comes out and even more idiots go out and try to copy it.

I remember a year ago there was some limo racing with a guy hanging out the sunroof.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

fiesta driver

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

LOL hahaha what a bunch of idiots.

My Ride
    a MILF

so he loses his license now?? sum1 told me that he said he didnt lose his license but he got 12 demerits

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast