Quantcast
Anyone use or would use this product? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone use or would use this product?

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

Default Anyone use or would use this product?

http://www.championqx-mb.com/

my uncle is the canadian rep and im wondering how many fellow beyonders would use this product if i brought it in?

used it in my 1985 3 wheeler and started 2nd try.

take a look and let me know what u guys have to say.

thanks

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Default Re: Anyone use or would use this product?

Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
    http://www.championqx-mb.com/

used it in my 1985 3 wheeler and started 2nd try.

Umm... what's that supposed to mean?? Your 1985 3 wheeler wasn't working before, but after putting this "undermetal lubricant" in, it magically started up after the 2nd try??? Or does it mean, it was working just fine, but after putting the "undermetal lubricant" in, it didn't start on the 1st try, but worked after the 2nd try?

prices per gallon 5 gallon pails 55 gal drums

Moly2001 $ 108.70 $ 485.90 price on request

Q-X3001 $ 108.70 $ 485.90 price on request

ATF4001 $ 129.75 $ 590.25 price on request

Gear5001 $ 144.75 $ 666.45 price on request

HHT6001 $ 144.75 $ 666.45 price on request

Considering the above price guide and the relatively unknowness of this stuff. No way, will I put this stuff in my cars. It seems WAY too expensive for me to just buy some and try. I don't even know if that's USD pricing or CAD pricing. Site says FOB Calgary, but are sold in US Gallons... I tried clicking on the tests to look at some comparisons, but I clicked and nothing happened (I'm using the latest Firefox 1.5.0.6)

So, yeah... as it stands, due to lack of info. (at least from my perspective), I can't justify wanting to get some and try on my cars at the posted prices.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Sketchy, I'd never try it based on that site alone. There would have to be a lot moer credible site with information on it to even think about it. So if I tried it and my engine bombed, you would replace the engine for me?

Lets see some other sites with information about it. Namely large car sites that have a high following and huge knowledge base.

"In house testing" -->not valid, very biased is what I see whan a site has that in the first line.

Before and after tests, how the hell do you use those on an engine? Did you start the engine like you would stock then add this additive after the engine was just broken in? How does this prove that rod wear was reduced by 50%. Thats really interesting. I smell something really funny with this.

My Ride
    06 S2000

if you had actual physical proof, and already had a reputation with some big guys, yes... but $100/gallon is WAY to expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

The Q-X cleans the engine metal and migrates into pores in the metal drawing the "Moly" (molybdenum disulfide)-the world's best metal lubricating treatment-behind it. High temperatures and pressure cause the "Moly" to plate onto the metal forming a low friction solid film to permanently keep metal surfaces from touching. The two acting together, Q-X and "Moly", provide both a subsurface and a surface lubricant. Simply put, there is no equal metal treatment known to science or industry.
    Molybdenum disulfide is well known for its lubricating properties, true. However it is not used much in oils now due to its tendency to poison the catalyst bed in the converter. Since these kind of products are often used in old shitty cars where oil is getting burnt, you can see where this leads. Besides, you can do the same thing by adding a can of Molyslip E (about $8) to your regular oil.

I find it interesting that this article on Wikipedia for the mystery substance has an almost direct quote off of the site.
    Last edited by barbarian; 08-26-2006 at 06:50 PM.

no offense but it looks like snake oil to me

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I would give it a try if there was more credible information available.