Quantcast
Paint Protection from Dealerships - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Paint Protection from Dealerships

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

Default Paint Protection from Dealerships

I was wondering what dealerships use for their Paint Protection plan? My parents bought a Rendevous 2 yrs ago with the Paint protection plan and the SUV still looks awesome. I need to get my hands on that stuff.

My Ride
    Pathfinder

What dealer did they buy it from?....ask the dealer what the PDI manager uses to clean his cars for delivery...that will tell ya

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

i though most "paint protection plans" were a scam... don't they normally just wax it or use a product like zaino and charge you $$$? just a question. if anyone works at a dealership let me know the inside scoop!

don't they just 3m the front end? You can get the same thing done for half the price at most tint shops

hahah i dont know buy your right, on my parents '00 odyssey which will be 4 yrs old in nov....the paint still shines like crazy with just a wash and no was or anything

for dealership paint protection

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

If you got paint protection put on when you bought the car there should have been some paper work that came with it. Go through the paperwork from the car purchase and there should be paperwork for the protection package including maintenance and warrany information.

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

The paperwork does not tell what they used. I'd like to know what they used, so I can get my hands on the stuff for my car.
    2004 Toyota Echo

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

hey bud, what dealer ship did you buy it from? Most Gm dealers in calgary use product from the LUSTER GLAZE line.. I can sell you the luster glaze paint protection for 15$/bottle (does two cars). Or i have one bottle of the Chrystler stuff left, ill let that go for 10$... These usually should be applied using an orbital polisher, but using a damp sponge and little circles will do also (i use this methode as there is not as much clean up)

In temrs of the warrenty.. should have made sure you got that at time for purchase.. and make sure you go in for yearly inspections.. The salesman never tell you this cuas they dont know.. hell i doubt my own boss knows
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Originally posted by ninspeed
    hey bud, what dealer ship did you buy it from? Most Gm dealers in calgary use product from the LUSTER GLAZE line.. I can sell you the luster glaze paint protection for 15$/bottle (does two cars). Or i have one bottle of the Chrystler stuff left, ill let that go for 10$... These usually should be applied using an orbital polisher, but using a damp sponge and little circles will do also (i use this methode as there is not as much clean up)

In temrs of the warrenty.. should have made sure you got that at time for purchase.. and make sure you go in for yearly inspections.. The salesman never tell you this cuas they dont know.. hell i doubt my own boss knows

Most GM dealers and other dealers in town Use Car Brite. if you want anything let me know becuase GSL (the dealer i work at) owns Car brite and I get a deal on it

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

I use LG (Jack Carter), Shag uses LG, CMP/Classic Uses LG .. used car brite once.. it sits and collects dust now on the shelf

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

I thank your replies but, I got me a question. Luster Glaze is what dealerships use on their Paint Protection Plan? How long does Luster Glaze last?
    2004 Toyota Echo

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Originally posted by ninspeed
    I use LG (Jack Carter), Shag uses LG, CMP/Classic Uses LG .. used car brite once.. it sits and collects dust now on the shelf
    Dude you work at Carters? i work for GSL im there like everyday picking up parts becuase we seem to never stock the right ones next time you see the GSL parts truck drive in say hi

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

if you can find me ... i work for the body shop, and PDI.. so i am allways running around

My Ride
    Honda 6.5HP lawn mower

i prefer use final coat. luster i think is....................i still have whole box final coat wax in my garage. can't wax too often or it will scartches the paint. just make sure don't wax during direct sun light and the body is hot. after market wax is ok too like zaino is really good
    my V-TEC is same as me. never awake

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Originally posted by bighead411
    i prefer use final coat. luster i think is....................i still have whole box final coat wax in my garage. can't wax too often or it will scartches the paint. just make sure don't wax during direct sun light and the body is hot. after market wax is ok too like zaino is really good
    ???????????????????????????????

My Ride
    BMW E70

I forget what our Passat has, but the MDX and the Accord both were done at the dealerships. 3M trimline applied the sealant, its called Platinum something I think...can't remember what the sticker says as much as people say that stuff is garbage I know we'll get it again

My Ride
    Honda 6.5HP lawn mower

how come no one consider diamond coat or final coat??
    my V-TEC is same as me. never awake