Quantcast
going 139 km's in banff 90km's.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: going 139 km's in banff 90km's..

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

Default going 139 km's in banff 90km's..

ok, so i got me a ticket for 350 bucks and 5 dermits off for speeding in the NATIONAL park i had no idea that the speed limit was 90 i thought i was 110 all the way.. (but regardless 139 in a 110 is speeding i know) anyways soo must i drive to banff to see if i can get anything done to this ticket and when do i do so?
    any answers would truly be appreciated..! thanks
    who says girls can't beat guys!

My Ride
    Axis powers

wow ur lucky they didnt take away ur license for going 40 over the limit
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Dont wanna flame you but thats pretty heavily posted all the way through!!!!.

The only thing you can do now is appear in Banff Court on the time & date on your ticket. RCMP are heavily enforcing that area due to Collisions with wildlife...so dont expect to much of a break - if indeed you even get one.

you can go there and talk to the judge or you can pay it in calgary or mail it to banff...i just got a ticket there as well

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

i dont mind paying it.. but 5 dermits?? isn't that alot ?? how long does it stay on record anyways?? 3 yeras?/
    who says girls can't beat guys!

My Ride
    Bicycle

After canmore is 90 til you clear the mountains. 140 is excessive. Sucks that if you want to argue, you got to go the town. It's probably easier just mail in the payment.

If you want to fight it, check with pointts. May save you a trip.

where do i find the demerits on the ticket or does it say???

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by autumnrain
    i dont mind paying it.. but 5 dermits?? isn't that alot ?? how long does it stay on record anyways?? 3 yeras?/
    Stays for 3 years. Think yourself lucky 2 more km over and your car could have been impounded, and you would receive an automatic court appearance where the fine is nearly $1500 and a 30 day suspension.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea there's no hope in getting anything off for Banff. That's why I never speed on the highways.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

Stays for 3 years. Think yourself lucky 2 more km over and your car could have been impounded, and you would receive an automatic court appearance where the fine is nearly $1500 and a 30 day suspension.
    Demerits stay for 2 years. The ticket stays on your record for 3 and insurance looks at 3 years to determine your rates.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

i dont think ive seen anyone do 90 kms in that area. im going 130 and still getting passed on my way to the lake

Originally posted by adam c
    wow ur lucky they didnt take away ur license for going 40 over the limit
    Actually that's 50 over. Well, 49. That's the biggest ticket that you can get that's still yellow in colour. 50 and over is an automatic court appearance (pink ticket).

You were probably going more than 50 over, but he decided he'd just give you the maximum yellow ticket. I know a few people who have gotten these before - not sure why the RCMP prefer to do this.

^^ Probably dont want to waste their time going to court.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by rage2
    Yea there's no hope in getting anything off for Banff. That's why I never speed on the highways.
    It's funny every time I go and sit in the Banff court house, the Judge always always lets the local kids off on drug and other charges like going to the bar while being a minor, but when some poor sap get in there with some sort of traffic violation, there's no mercy, from what i hear not even the traffic lawyers like to take cases out there

but as for the original post, yeah the 90 speed limit is posted everywhere and it goes all the way till Vancouver, actually the further you go west the slower the limit in some parts, and the BC side of Highway 1 is patrolled like there's no tomm, radar and speed traps every 10kms

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by civicrider
    i dont think ive seen anyone do 90 kms in that area. im going 130 and still getting passed on my way to the lake
    there is tons of Debate locally here in the Bow valley about the section of highway 1 between Canmore and Banff, all the locals want to see the speed raised to 110, since it literally the safest and most looked after part of the highway in all of Canada.

the only thing is during the winter that place can get 20 cm of snow an hour (no joke) other than that it's extremely rare to see wild life on the highway side of the fence

whats crazy is that they want to lower the speed limit in Banff to 30km/h and its already at 40...

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I was doing 100kph in the park on Sunday last week on my cbr1000 when I had almost no fuel, and I almost got rear-ended twice (full lock ups and everything.. yikes). People really need to slow down out there..
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

Originally posted by civicrider

i go 90-100 in those areas see too many cops there so i take er easy. unless someones stupid enough to speed past me then i just follow them till their ass gets caught. o and i also usualy let people pass me unless they tail 2 meters from my car. then i check to see if theres any cars behind him and slow to 80 and if he tries to pass i just speed up and just block him in. if the guy catches up and drops back a few car lenghts i usualy go off on the side and let them pass.

My Ride
    a cowgirl

haha gp u're a bitch

but its funny as hell to see that stuff happening

Originally posted by richardchan2002

Actually that's 50 over. Well, 49. That's the biggest ticket that you can get that's still yellow in colour. 50 and over is an automatic court appearance (pink ticket).

You were probably going more than 50 over, but he decided he'd just give you the maximum yellow ticket. I know a few people who have gotten these before - not sure why the RCMP prefer to do this.
    actually i just got a 56 over ticket and mine is yellow ....he never said i had to go to court....

My Ride
    Econo-box

Some of that highway is ridiculously low speeds. In BC the coquaholla (sp?!) is 90 or 100. Its a straight 8 lane highway thats perfectly smooth. I do 160 on it everytime, get my damn 10 dollars worth out of it.

Its always empty too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast