Quantcast
Driver's Education - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Driver's Education

My Ride
    NC1

Default Driver's Education

My younger brother is looking to enroll within the next few months here. Recommendations on a good place?

Thanks
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Brian O.Connor School of Driving
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    Econo-box

I went thru a CAA course. They suck. They make you sit there alot... and bore you with stuff.

Really, how stupid does someone have to be to have a 2 hour explanation of the stop sign?

Originally posted by glennc
    I went thru a CAA course. They suck. They make you sit there alot... and bore you with stuff.

Really, how stupid does someone have to be to have a 2 hour explanation of the stop sign?
    About as stupid as a typical calgary "bad" driver.

Some of the "educators" I've seen "educating" around this town, need a little course for themselves it seems.
    Last edited by SilverBoost; 08-30-2006 at 08:47 PM.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

I agree. Last week going up the hill on crowchild Southbound between bow and 17th s, and some idiot in a student driver car cuts me off soo hard i had to sweve into the shoulder to avoid a colision. Arn't they suposed to teach you to do mirror signal shoulder or something? I honked at the idiot and they didn't even give me a wave or something to acknowledge me. The driving teacher didn't even seem to care. Oh well, just another terrible driver on the roads of calgary, beware!

My Ride
    10 WRX

I was thinking of taking it in Chinatown... heard its cheaper there.

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

abba driving school, some brown guy teaches the half assed school. when i went to his driving class i already had my license (doing course to lower insurance) so he just made me drive around a couple classes to random food places and gave me my certificate for defensive driving after like a couple hours of driving and an exam that took me 15 minutes, i definetly reccomend this guy if u want to be lazy as i think if i went to ama i think its somehting like 20 hours in car 20 hours out of car studying or something like that dont really know but alot harder than what i did.

the school in dragon city is alright. i went there and my instructor was pretty entertaining, inclass wasn't dry at all.

"A" Driving school, AMA or Young Drivers.

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Young drivers if you actually want a real good course (or so ive heard)

Foothills was pretty cool though, instructor was good. I'd recommend them. A lot cheaper than AMA/young drivers too.

AMA, may be expensive but it was well worth it. Knowledable instructors, great layouts, you know youve actually spent your money on something/someone useful not some fucking asian place who just wants to sign you off and take your money.

Calgary Police also use AMA for their training for Defensive Driving and possibly other things as well.

My Ride
    Upass

I got to agree with ^^^ I went to one of those shity driving schools, where as my buddy went to ama. No I dont suck at driving (I think its 65% the person, and 35% what they are taught), but he always has some good useful advice that I was never taught at the shity school.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I went to Prepared....go there..he'll get his license fo sho
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    10 WRX

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
    AMA, may be expensive but it was well worth it. Knowledable instructors, great layouts, you know youve actually spent your money on something/someone useful not some fucking asian place who just wants to sign you off and take your money.

Originally posted by Nav13
    I got to agree with ^^^ I went to one of those shity driving schools, where as my buddy went to ama. No I dont suck at driving (I think its 65% the person, and 35% what they are taught), but he always has some good useful advice that I was never taught at the shity school.
    Yeah in that case I won't take it in Chinatown, I'll go do it with the AMA through school or something.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

I went to AMA 8 years ago when I was 16, and it sucked ass. The inclass instructor didn't know wtf ABS was (someone asked if threhold braking was the same in ABS cars as a car w/o it) and apparently to threshold brake on ABS cars you pumping the brakes If you ask something a bit more technical, I'm pretty sure you'll get some B.S. answers.

The instructor I got basically just got me to run errands during the "lessons" e.g., bottle depot, dry cleaning, etc. I didn't even get to do a road course w/ pylons and stuff or enter a traffic circle.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Randy's driving school... Very thoughrough (can't spell) school. $300 plus another 70-ish to rent car/do road test. I think it's like 10 hours of driving, 16 hours of class... supposed top reduce insurance 44% (it was even more for me)

He's a great guy, and so is his wife... Home owned, located just across 32nd from CMS (behind the rental place).
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.