Quantcast
My Psilocybe (magic mushrooms) curiousity - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: My Psilocybe (magic mushrooms) curiousity

My Ride
    W204

^^^ My bad.. Still dumb and reckless.

Wait aren't you a 'special' mechanic..
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by clem24
    ^^^ My bad.. Still dumb and reckless.

Wait aren't you a 'special' mechanic..
    Lol, trust me there's worse out there. I also haven't done them since I started my career (not including school, hahah). 90 was definitely an exaggeration, probably more like 40-50.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Lol, trust me there's worse out there. I also haven't done them since I started my career (not including school, hahah). 90 was definitely an exaggeration, probably more like 40-50.
    looking at ur user pic, id say ur on them right now

My Ride
    W204

Oddly enough, on that note, I'd say in my younger and dumber days, I'd never even consider something like this. But now, older and wiser, in the right settings with the right people, I just might...
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by EK69

looking at ur user pic, id say ur on them right now

Oddly enough, on that note, I'd say in my younger and dumber days, I'd never even consider something like this. But now, older and wiser, in the right settings with the right people, I just might...
    I can't even imagine doing them now. Maybe because it's been so long, and the last two times were so shitty, I'd be too nervous and would get "the fear".
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 04-24-2014 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Same here, when I was younger I just went along with the whole 'drugs are bad mmkay?' mentality. Now that i'm older and have heard both sides of the story i'd be way more open to trying it out.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Shrooms are fantastic.

Do them with friends, do them in nature.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    DA6, R59

My only suggestion to people who have not done them is DO NOT do them if you have an allergy to penicillin. There is a possibility that you can have an allergic reaction to the fungus in the mushroom and trust me, it is not fun at all...

if anyones considering doing these make sure you plan out your adventure.

have a plan, enjoy the outdoors on a nice sunny day and you will maximize your fun. make sure you eat before, as you will have a hard time eating afterwards.

pace yourself if its your first time. i suggest eating some, feeling the effects and deciding if you want to continue eating more. first timers should consume between 1-2gs. You'll have a good time but you will come down a bit sooner than if you take more.

also make sure the ones you are going to eat have been eaten before, so you can get a good gauge on how strong/how long it will be.

remember, you will feel gut-rot, so have some milk before hand, or some yogurt after you eat it. itll help calm your stomach and will help the digestive process a little bit.

again, i suggest an outdoor, in the sun, activity. it will help keep the mood happy, the big spaces will aleviate any nervousness and then you can really enjoy yourself.

i would NOT recommend this to people who cannot handle their substances. this is can be a very long and sometimes dark ride for certain people. your mood and your outlook on life will have effects on your adventure. A smaller group will be easier to manage, especially if anything happens.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    My only suggestion to people who have not done them is DO NOT do them if you have an allergy to penicillin. There is a possibility that you can have an allergic reaction to the fungus in the mushroom and trust me, it is not fun at all...
    From what I've read the only problem people with Penicillin allergies will have is if the mushrooms are grown in a poor environment; the penicillium isn't a native fungi to the mushroom.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Man I was a n00b seven years ago.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Schrooms were certainly the most entertaining high I've ever been on. Haven't done them for some 15 years and never will again now that I'm older.

What I didn't like is being out of control. On most drugs, you still have enough mind to know what is real and where your body parts are. But on mushrooms, it's open season to see, hear, think, and feel things that entirely conflict with reality.

The mind controls the body, so it isn't entirely uncommon to have people forget how to walk, talk, piss, or do whatever you typically take for granted. I actually had one instance where I literally couldn't figure out if I was standing up or sitting down (sounds ridiculous sober) and I was afraid if I moved I'd just fall down so I stayed put and stared at the campfire for half an hour. On the same high, I came up behind my girlfriend and put my arms around her - completely forgetting I was holding a beer which I ended up pouring into her lap. Then when she jumped up and said I poured beer all over her, I couldn't figure out what she was talking about because I didn't look down to discover I did, in fact, have beer in my hand.

Take everything you currently know, and be prepared to throw it out the window because reality isn't reality anymore when you are on mushrooms.

In addition, be prepared to be scared shitless. Though it won't *likely* happen, a bad trip on mushrooms can be a terrifying experience. Make sure you're in a good mental state before taking them. If you're depressed or otherwise in a bad place, the high has a higher chance of being a negative one.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    Sloww

back in highschool me and a few buddies did it in the cemetery.. lets just say that shit didn't work out..

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    ^ See, another typical "I was too young, my mind wasn't fully formed, I was terrified and therefore, will never try it again" story.
    That just tells you that most people will benefit much more if they wait until they're older and in the right environment, mind set, dosage, etc.

Psilocybin and similar psychedelics have been proven to successfully treat/cure such serious conditions as severe depression, alcoholism, OCD, PTSD and heroin addiction. All the more reason to treat these substances with respect, increase research and keep them out of the hands of stupid kids and teenagers.
    Not exactly. Although it was uncomfortable to be out of control, the general high was a blast. I was not terrified at any point - but I did enough experimenting and saw enough people doing the same to form a judgement that it can be a pretty bad experience for some. I just wanted to make sure that anyone reading this thread and considering taking mushrooms for the first time were aware of the risks.

When I took them, I was probably somewhere in my early to mid 20's so my mind was developed enough. It was actually the perfect time in my life to take them, and I don't regret any of the experiences and at my age now I'm glad to have had them. What I actually meant is that now that I'm older, I don't have much desire to put toxins into my body to get high. I still smoke from time to time, but that's about it and that's more benign than drinking, imo.

Beyond shroom meet? Does Wednesday evening work for everyone? Let's meet at Chinook's rear upper parade?

My Ride
    09 WRX

Done Mushrooms a buch.
    Come up is sudden, visuals are neat, no one ever really expects how you're going to react, but overall is fun. Get nice and giggly, my abs usually hurt the next day from laughing so much. I find that I become very beligerent and rude when I am on them, but I never lose my sense of empathy its a very strange mind set.
    The come down is essentially you wondering if you're still having visuals and you deciding to make profound changes in your life.
    You won't make any of the changes because once you've slept you never think of it again.

acid>>mushrooms
    acid not too popular today it seems no?

My Ride
    NC1

LOL

It's been so long since I've been high on shrooms. Have had some wicked ones and some really bad trips. Oh the memories. I am down for a shroom meet.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast