Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 208 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Talking Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

Figured I'd start one off, now that training camp opens soon. Lets hope the participation in this thread rivals or surpasses the old thread.

Anyone else read the Fantasy pool edition of The Sporting News? Calgary was again picked to go all the way. I know that was the predicition last year, but with all the additions, I think Calgary can truly make it this year.

Last, but not least:

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I'll be in this thread all season long

My Ride
    NOTHING RIGHT NOW :(

kinda sad donavon didnt get re-signed

My Ride
    impreza

I still think that Friesen > Donovan.

Can't wait for Godard's first ass kicking.

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ
    kinda sad donavon didnt get re-signed
    Did you watch any games last season?

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

you'll see input from me time to time. go habs, and to a lesser extent, flames too

My Ride
    2000 323i

If anybody wants to read...

Out:

Marchment: Good locker room guy apparently, and I remember him making ONE clutch play. Otherwise, quite a defensive liability, who injured himself trying to knee someone....but he did add a ton of spirit by playing before his ACL was anywhere near good (and played BETTER then, then before the injury)

Hulse: Reliable 7th Dman, but average, and not a huge loss. Hot wife though.

LeClerc: Accomplished so much, that nobody will remember or miss him (makes me miss Rhino though)

Boucher: Backup who has the shutout streak...and nothing else, EVER. $900 000 vicinity too. Expensive

Simon: I'll miss him more than most people will. I felt when he was on a line with Lombo and Kobasew, he cleared a path well, and they FORCED him to skate beyond his usual speed. Wasn't as fast as them obviously, but still good. He had a pretty surprising shot too. The mohawk was awesome too.

Donovan: This guy had stone hands, and took hooking penalties when he was fast enough to not have to. He was crazy fast, but I wish him luck, as he was a huge team player, and drew enough penalties to make up for the dumb ones he took.

Leopold: The biggest hit we took all off-season. Leopold is a VERY reliable guy in his own end, and can be offensive although he had some sort of curse for much of last season where he couldn't score. Colorado will be happy to have him with the loss of Blake, and although he's not Blake, he'll make the loss of Blake hurt substantially less.

In:

Tanguay: This is where the pain of losing Leopold COMPLETELY goes away. Alex Tanguay played 71 games last year, and in that time nettedd 78 points. He is a very gifted scorer, and is VERY excited to be here, and to play with Iggy. Also, that's 8 times a year we don't have to worry about Tanguay scoring on us.

Friesen: This guy had a bad year last year in Anaheim. A seriously bad year (scoring wise anyhow). He is however said to be defensively responsible, and with his awful year last year, he shouldn't get any worse, and is expected to pot a bunch more than last year. He could end up on the first line as a Gelinas type guy (but I believe Friesen is faster)

Zyuzin: Leopold's gone, so we had to fill that hole. You'll likely see Phaneuf, Hamrlik, and probably also Ference and Warrener moved up the depth chart. Phaneuf can play with Regehr (with Hamrlik on the PP though) Hamrlik with Ference, and Warrener can stick with Zyuzin to teach him the Flames game properly.

MacLennan: Noooodles is back. Our former backup goalie before the acquiry of Miikka Kiprusoff, he is happy to be a backup. Coming from backing up Roberto Luongo, he won't see anything out of the ordinary here, playing little games for a backup. Plays well in his role, and is a GREAT locker room guy, and should help the team stay relaxed.

Eric Godard: A guy who can kick Laraque's ass. Enough said (I don't know enough about him to say how he is at hockey though)

Brad Ference: I don't know much, but apparently kind of a Marchment type guy. I'd personally find someone else, or give Richie Regehr/Mark Giordano a chance to become a permanent #7 guy. Seeing how those guys played here, we KNOW they are NHL calibre guys. This signing may indicate that RR/MG have the potential to be 1st-3rd defenceman, and Sutter wants them to have first line ice-time in Omaha for as much time as possible.

Andrei Taratukhin: Our Russian prospect drafted in 2001. The Oilers fans are excited about their Russian prospect Alexei Mikhnov, who was a teammate of Andrei's this past season in the Russian Super League team: Yaroslavl Lokomotiv. Taratukhin had 24 points last season in 40 games, and Mikhnov had 22...and the Oilers fans are ridiculously excited about Mikhnov. These points seem low, but they rarely count 2nd assists in Russia (if at all, I don't know quite how it works) and some Russian guy named Alexander Ovechkin had 26 points in 37 games. Adjusted that would be 28 points in 40 games. Not a whole lot more.
    Mike

My Ride
    W213

^^^^
    I just read all that. But what will you miss about LeClerc so much? I really thought he was invisible most nights. He was given minutes on the top line too and just seemed he couldnt get going when doing that.
    Ill miss Simon. I really liked him. I think the lockout really hurt his game last year and he was pretty good when playing with Lombo and Kobasew

Im also excited to see how Taratukhin will turn out. Ive heard he's more of a 3rd/4th liner type of guy who can be responsible defensively

Cant wait till the season starts though!

My Ride
    99 JDM DC4

Totally excited......can't wait til season starts!!!

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Eric Godard: A guy who can kick Laraque's ass. Enough said (I don't know enough about him to say how he is at hockey though)
    Who needs much more?

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by mac_82

Can't wait for Godard's first ass kicking.

Bets on whos his first victim?
    Last edited by A2VR6; 09-05-2006 at 10:17 AM.

My Ride
    2000 323i

Originally posted by spyce
    ^^^^
    I just read all that. But what will you miss about LeClerc so much? I really thought he was invisible most nights. He was given minutes on the top line too and just seemed he couldnt get going when doing that.
    I don't miss him. I said, he accomplished so much that nobody will remember or miss him. He did nothing at all. I miss Reinprecht much more. About Taratukhin, he is expected to be a 3rd/4th liner, but he's still young, and has potential. Also, 24 points in 40 games is quite good in the RSL. He could end up as quite a threat. I think even as a 3rd/4th liner, he can do considerable damage.
    Mike

My Ride
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Needs a new ride)

I'll be a regular in here!

Anyways, I love what the Flames did this year, but I had really hoped that Simon would come back. Nothing wrong with Godard, but the difference between the two was that even though Simon was considered a "goon", he could still put the puck in/on the net. Godard's just a goon.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by A2VR6

Bets on whos his first victim?
    The goon on the other team on opening night... gauranteed he fights first home game against the other teams tough guy.

Cant wait... his fights are sick lol.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd

Anyways, I love what the Flames did this year, but I had really hoped that Simon would come back. Nothing wrong with Godard, but the difference between the two was that even though Simon was considered a "goon", he could still put the puck in/on the net. Godard's just a goon.
    yeah he sure can, if he can get to the offensive zone in time for the flames DUMP AND CHASE! haha.

I can't wait for hockey to start.

thank god simon, donovan, leclerc are gone.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd

yea, Simon had soft hands for a "goon". Oh well, I wish him all the best.

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

cant wait for season to start!!!

My Ride
    impreza

Flames sign centre Andrei Taratukhin to a 2-year entry level contract.

http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin...num=0000000914

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Damn, beat me to it mac

Originally posted by SKR

Page 1 of 208 1 2 11 ... LastLast