Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 208 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I can tell Lombardi is going to have a great year. I was there tonight and he was pretty damn good. I didn't even notice Tanguay to tell you the truth. He was responsible for that goal in overtime... him and the other 2 that fumbled the puck. Hopefully they stop messing around.

Just a little rant. I was in the ultimate fan zone miles away from the action. My buddy and I were watching seats in the lower bowl. Anyways, there was like 5 seats in a row that were empty the whole period. We go down to sit there in the 3rd, 3 guys took 3 seats and there were 2 seats left beside this old guy. The mother fucker has his hat on the seat, we try to sit down and hes like "this is my seat". So we ended up going somewhere else. Anyways, those fucking seats were empty the whole fucking game. Thanks a lot buddy n. Sure its his seat, but if he knows no one is going to sit there help someone who never gets to go have a bit better of an experience.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Not suprised by that at all, just looking down at the lower bowl you could see in almost every row of every section there were 2+ seat's available, yet in the upper bowl there was way more people.

It's almost like the many of the season ticket's holder's in the lower bowl just said fuck it because it's preseason and let there tickets go to waste.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Even durign regular season there is always a bunch of lower bowl seats that are empty.
    I always think to myself, why wouldn't you sell the tickets or at least give them to friends/family when you know they are in such high demand...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

The funny thing was we went like 4 sections over, and we scoped out some seats. As we come down the isle the usher dude sees a guy and his wife and child walk up and was like "leaving already guys?" with like 17min left in the 3rd. They say yes and we immediate sit in their seats lol. 2 sec after the ppl left. the guy forsure saw that shit happen
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by mac_82
    Lombardi > Stoll

Haha, thats hilarious. Please tell me your kidding right?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

People in the lower bowl are either folks that get corporate free seats or people in that have more disposable income. Who cares if they leave early? It's their money they can waste it however they want.

My Ride
    W213

I listened to the game last night and then watched the highlights when I got home.
    Lombardi seemed like he was dominating and was really making a push for that #1 center spot between Tanguay and Iggy. I had him or Lundmark pegged for that spot but I dont really here much about Lundmarks play. Seems like he is invisible

Awesome game though. Wish Lombardi could have ended it with the hat trick

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Maher and Millions were talking about Lundmark a couple times last night?

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Lundmark on the PP point

Hamrlik in general

Decently entertaining game... cant wait for the regular season to start.

My Ride
    impreza

Originally posted by 00Celica

Haha, thats hilarious. Please tell me your kidding right?
    I was refering to the play where Lombo scored, it was Stoll's screw up, or at least it sounded like it anyways. Last year Stoll was better than Lombo, but I am hoping that is going to change this year, except for inside the face off circle, Stoll is the best at winning face offs.

My Ride
    1998 Acura Integra GSR

I think if Lombo lines up with Tangs and Iggy he will excel this year. He looked fantastic the other night against the slick he was in my eyes the player that made that line look good.

He is a good player but I doubt that he will hit 60 points this year, even if he lines up with tanguay and iggy.

My Ride
    2000 323i

I don't think it's hard to hit 60 points with wingers like that...I mean Marc Savard hit 90 points with Kovalchuk and Hossa (and I do realize that Kovalchuk and Hossa are something else....Russian's = GREAT LWs, and Hossa is an impressive guy) Lombo may have a great year. He isn't a great finisher, but is quick, and has had a nice history of good passes, and if he plays with finishers like Iggy and Tang, he should be good. That said, until it happens, Stoll > Lombardi....as much as it hurts to say it.
    Mike

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Stoll is impressive on powerplays

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

erm

lack of enthusiasm today

w00t tanaguay

1-0 flames!!

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

2-0 now

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

I just started listening, hows the game been so far?

Originally posted by SKR

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

daww not a shutout, o well

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Damn, 2-1

Originally posted by SKR

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

w0000000000000t there goes oilers winning streak

Page 15 of 208 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast