Quantcast
Playground Zone Rant - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Playground Zone Rant

My Ride
    Highlander

Angry Playground Zone Rant

Why is it that no one can read signs anymore? Or maybe they never could, I dont know. But on my way to work (I leave my house at 7:30 and it takes approximately 15 mins to get to work each day) I go through two playground zones. Not a huge deal, I see their point and I respect them. But I also know that on that sign it says "From 8:30 until one hour after dusk" 7:45 in the morning is NOT 8:30!!!

Now slowing down those extra 30 km/h for 2 blocks isnt normally a huge deal, but you should see the bloody chaos this causes every morning. Half the drivers know that they should still be going 50 but there is ALWAYS some asshole oblivious person who doesnt pay attention, sees the yellow sign and slams on the breaks to slow down. Of course, these are always the idiots who refrain to notice the sign that says "Playground zone ends" and continues to go 30 for an extra 2 blocks.

Pay attention people!

My Ride
    2000 Celica GT

Funniest is when you zoom passed em and they honk their horn at you.
    "First you Get the Money, then you Get the Power, then you Get the Women."

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

people are stupid when it comes to reading signs.

hey I agree... with school zones as well... I got honked at last week for going 50 at a sku zone because the man doens't know school starts today and not last week... so when I came to a stop sign I yelled out to him, sku starts Sept 5

My Ride
    A Hobo

my complain is the entire opposite . of the idiots who drive 60 through the playground zone . like that silver prelude yesterday . and the giant ford stupid looking truck . i live IN a 30 playground zone . i don't see why it's hard to slow down and enjoy the drive?

but, i guess it's just impossible for ppl to obey any traffic signs mostly . speeding and driving like an idiot means you have a fast car these days *shrug* ?

my biggest rant about idiot drivers is i think my car makes people react funny . they either drive slowly past me and look at it . or they speed by to show me that their car may potentially be faster (as if i cared).

we're all in the same tuning game . no need to disrespect each other or act like idiots . drive safe! take it to the track

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

It drives me nuts how the school zone signs are yellow now. They look too close to playground signs. What was wrong with blue? Were they really that hard to see?

My Ride
    WRX STI

if i was a cop, i would do radar in the morning in play ground zones and pull over all the people who are doing 30 and holding up traffic. that would be awesome

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by slickk
    Funniest is when you zoom passed em and they honk their horn at you.
    some idiot did that to me once hahaha. i also had some retard honk and finger me on a dual turn because he thought it was single and i was turning right beside him hahaa
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Normally I would agree with you. But school started today for most kids. So the parents were dropping them off early. I live right next to 2 schools. People were doing this today. Plus there were a few police at the school, which the police usually crack down on school zone and playground speeding for the first week. Everything should return to normal by the end of the week or beggining of next.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Originally posted by maplelodge
    hey I agree... with school zones as well... I got honked at last week for going 50 at a sku zone because the man doens't know school starts today and not last week... so when I came to a stop sign I yelled out to him, sku starts Sept 5
    Actually some schools started last week. I heard on the radio that cops were actually giving tickets which i disagree with as MOST schools start today.

As for playground zones i always slow down between the time frames but if someone is speeding or driving too slow when their not suppose to i bitch alot. And i'm also one of those people who drives in the middle if someone tries to speed past me in a playground zone(to all the bitches speeding in playground zone by the sandstone bus loop).
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I saw an SUV get busted this morning down here in Bowness.. I was tooling along doing 30 on my bike, and got BLAZED by a guy doing 60+ kph haha. Just as I was thinking "where's the cops when you need them?" one jumped out and stopped the SUV.. that'll be a good ticket

Best part was the cop was a bike cop and gave me the 'bike wave' on the way by..
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    2005 Civic Sedan

Default Re: Playground Zone Rant

Originally posted by Melinda
    Why is it that no one can read signs anymore? Or maybe they never could, I dont know. But on my way to work (I leave my house at 7:30 and it takes approximately 15 mins to get to work each day) I go through two playground zones. Not a huge deal, I see their point and I respect them. But I also know that on that sign it says "From 8:30 until one hour after dusk" 7:45 in the morning is NOT 8:30!!!

Now slowing down those extra 30 km/h for 2 blocks isnt normally a huge deal, but you should see the bloody chaos this causes every morning. Half the drivers know that they should still be going 50 but there is ALWAYS some asshole oblivious person who doesnt pay attention, sees the yellow sign and slams on the breaks to slow down. Of course, these are always the idiots who refrain to notice the sign that says "Playground zone ends" and continues to go 30 for an extra 2 blocks.

Pay attention people!
    What is the big deal, so couple drivers decide to be safe then sorry so they drive 30km/hr and made you 10 min or so late for work.

Some kids goes to school early since their parents drop them off on their way to work, like my brother. Once again its better to be safe then sorry! Slow down and just let it go. Since you said you are only 15 min away from your work place is an extra 10 min on the road going to kill you?
    Last edited by energieboi; 09-05-2006 at 11:21 AM.

My Ride
    Memories...

I love the people who think they can average out the difference and you follow them doing 45 through a 60 zone and then they just continue that through the playground zone.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Default Re: Re: Playground Zone Rant

Originally posted by energieboi

What is the big deal, so couple drivers decide to be safe then sorry so they drive 30km/hr and made you 10 min or so late for work.

Some kids goes to school early since their parents drop them off on their way to work, like my brother. Once again its better to be safe then sorry! Slow down and just let it go. Since you said you are only 15 min away from your work place is an extra 10 min on the road going to kill you?

So you are one of those people who frustrate me at 730 in the morning while im trying to get to work then? lol

My Ride
    335i

Does it really matter that you are inconvenienced for 15 seconds during the 1/3 block that a playground/school zone spans? Who cares if you have to slow down for a few seconds - every school starts at a different time and i'd rather slow down when there are kids around.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    WRX STI

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Does it really matter that you are inconvenienced for 15 seconds during the 1/3 block that a playground/school zone spans? Who cares if you have to slow down for a few seconds - every school starts at a different time and i'd rather slow down when there are kids around.
    Oh i know im just buggin, but if im in a rush then im pissed. But were talking about play ground zones not school zones. PLayground are always 8:30.

My Ride
    09 GMC Sierra SLT

I am one of those people that are very frustrated by people who speed through the playground, school, or even construction zones.

Case in point....I was driving along the beloved Glenmore Drive west bound through the 50km/h zone. I am in the right lane because I have to get off at Crowchild up ahead. I was getting passed by more then one car/truck/psycho soccer mom in her minivan. They were easily doing 70km/h, if not more.

Like was said earlier.....these assholes can not read obviously. Why should they even be driving?? Makes me wish I had some sort of kick ass laser on the front of my car so that I could zap those idiots into oblivion when they do that.

My Ride
    NC1

If the playground zone goes through a school zone, then yes slow down regardless if it's 7:30am or 8:00am because there will be kids running around.

If the playground zone does not go through a school zone, lol then go 40. haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Exactly...

I slow down in all playgorund zone all year round.

Do you think that they are not being used just because school is not in. It only take a few extra seconds to get through one of those zones anyway.

Would you feel justified if a kid ran out in front of you and was killed because it was 8:29 and not 8:30......

Think of someone else for a change....

My Ride
    JeepYJ/06VTEC What I Love: 4x4

Originally posted by energieboi

You are not too bright my friend. Rules and Guidelines are meant to be followed. If half of the city's people (eg. Not you) follow the rules and know how to READ, and the other half (eg. you, and any other mouth breathing retards out there) make up their own rules, it creates chaos.

Regulations create consistancy. People like you create accidents.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast