Quantcast
racial profiling at clubs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: racial profiling at clubs

Default racial profiling at clubs

http://jj.am/gallery/d/564-2/forceninja2.gif

My Ride
    Bicycle

I don't think it'll ever change in Calgary.

Doesn't matter how many reports or specials come out. It's not something you can sue them on and people who got it probably don't watch news or doesn't care. So there's really no impact to the clubs to change their ways.

theres a thread on this on Revscene and those bastards are talking shit about calgary haha

but coming from vancouver...i know that things are much worse there...but the good thing about clubs in van are that they actually pat u down, wave a metal detector and/or scan ur ID (like at Tantra here).....im actually getting kind of scared to go to clubs here cuz they dont do ANY of that...except Tantra of course....

Bad link???
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    J30t G20t G35x

The only reason the bouncers get away with that shit here is because they have no fear. Go to TO, Van or even Edmonton, and they don't pull that "U have to be 25 and produce 5 Gov't pieces od ID"... mainly because of the fear they'll get shot up for it.

But with all the ppl coming here from out of town now, it's only a matter of time until it happens, then their bullshit will go away.

Originally posted by Das_Amaretto
    The only reason the bouncers get away with that shit here is because they have no fear. Go to TO, Van or even Edmonton, and they don't pull that "U have to be 25 and produce 5 Gov't pieces od ID"... mainly because of the fear they'll get shot up for it.

But with all the ppl coming here from out of town now, it's only a matter of time until it happens, then their bullshit will go away.

^ I'm not a fan of most bouncers but if they're keeping people like that, or even people with that mindset, out of the bar they're doing their job well.

My Ride

There is a HUGE thread about this kicking around somewhere. Mabey it got deleted because it just turned into racist bickering as all controversial threads here seem to devolve to.

They don't officially profile, instead they ban "gang attire."

Subject to interpretation by the doormen, of course.

My Ride
    Calgary Transit

"U have to be 25 and produce 5 Gov't pieces od ID"

lol...pretty true....have u ever heard that you needed to be 25 to get in ilyxor on saturday?? haha..i have...wtf..BS

^ havent been there since it opened....isnt it like 95% asian on saturday nites?..and the other 5% is brown/leb haha

My Ride
    Calgary Transit

Originally posted by jay42w8
    ^ havent been there since it opened....isnt it like 95% asian on saturday nites?..and the other 5% is brown/leb haha

na...last time i went there were lots of blacks and browns...and somewhat a few asians

My Ride

I'm sorry but that's just ignorant.

I agree, racial profiling, and jackass bouncers can ruin a night like noones business, but killing some of them is the most ridiculous solution to this problem. Tell you what, the second bouncers start getting shot at clubs, is the second that bars get shut the fuck down. I'm sure that for every decent, honest person who gets turned away under the auspices of stopping ethnic gang violence, there are 5 guys turned away who likely WOULD cuase shit in a club. Club owners want your money, the 25 y.o. shit is because older people have more money. With the number of bars that open and close within a year, most places shouldn't have the luxury of being racist -- green is more important the colour of your skin. Stamede is bad, because if you're not some greasy haired cockknocker with an expense account into 5 digits, you're going to get sidelined for corporate events.

It goes back to all the arguments for racial profiling being flawed because people get burned without any good reason, or effective because statistics put groups of people more at risk fo things than others -- and i'm sure we're about to hear all of them again in this thread, just poke your head into the "law and society section" and search "terrorist".

The fact of the matter remains that it's the bouncer's judgment call at the door, and if he's a racist, yer fucked, or if you look like a wannabe gan banger, yer fucked. You'd think that with the number of brown and asian club owners in Calgary, they would have figured out how to tell the difference from a bouncer with discerning taste of clientelle from a redneck douchebag with a tiny wang. Unlike the dog from Ikea.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

im white so doesnt really efest me but what i hate is when you stand in a line for an hour + and then they tell you its 21+ (but i guess vip solves that)

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Can't get into a club? Go to Jimmy Deans and shake the bouncers hand with 5 bucks in ur hand

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by 3G
    Can't get into a club? Go to Jimmy Deans and shake the bouncers hand with 5 bucks in ur hand
    jimmy deans... 5 bucks... hahahhaha

bouncers should be paying you to get into that place....

you had to grease the bouncer at jimmy deans

I don't have issues getting in, I just can't fucking stand how 90% of the bouncers at clubs (especially at vicker's establishments) are powertripping assholes. Seroiusly... what the fuck?? Here are men in their late20s/30s having their balls swell at being a bouncer?? Yeah, way to pick a career, bud

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

honestly i hate clubs when they give you the 25 and up bulshit or even 21 and up......ROADHOUSE will never go back got turned away once and they wont see my buisness ever. tell me its 25 and up on sats but my bro who isnt 25 gets in??? and ya i was with 2 brown guys. so that probably made the difference. I only go to clubs with bouncers i know or friends know. for one no line no cover. 2 no bulshit. but ya its fuckin retarded some of these places. i have no problem if they have dresscodes. but 21 up and 25 and up fuck that shit.
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I don't have issues getting in, I just can't fucking stand how 90% of the bouncers at clubs (especially at vicker's establishments) are powertripping assholes. Seroiusly... what the fuck?? Here are men in their late20s/30s having their balls swell at being a bouncer?? Yeah, way to pick a career, bud
    Give them the benefit of the doubt, it's the only real way they can contribute to society. I'd say 75% of them are dumb as bricks, and have nothing to offer in a decent workplace. Too bad that in the club environment, there is opportunity for them to pass along their genes and reproduce (with some whore who is equally useless).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast