Quantcast
NDP riding association: Canadian soldiers terrorists - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NDP riding association: Canadian soldiers terrorists

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by riceeater

... that's like saying we should never go to somalia or rwanda
    Somalia and Rwanda?
    Canadians were there in a peacekeeping operation, Canadians are in Afghanistan in a combat role.
    I am not agreeing with or against your opinion on Canada's involvement in Afghanistan but you are comparing a circle to a square.

you are a fuckin imbecil... that's like saying we should never go to somalia or rwanda, we should just let millions and fuckin MILLIONS of people get butchered, and let them live out their short pathetic existance in as much misery as their local warlords want... fuckin eh, how the fuck are some people so ignorant.. hate the war in iraq ALL DAY LONG, but dont fuckin compare it with what we're doing in afghanistan...FUCK
    Polls in Afghanistan have regularly and consistently shown that the locals support attempts to drive out the US-led invasion forces. Just as they have driven out all invaders in known history. It just so happens that "coalition" troops are feeling an extreme seige mentality, and they are getting as fearfully trigger-happy as the Americans they are being forced to emulate.

The longer Canadian troops carry out the US corporate/militarist agenda in Afghanistan and elsewhere, the more instances there will be of Canadian troops killing innocents. Even those merely listed as "collateral damage" and mislabeled as "insurgents". Spare us the "fuckin eh, how the fuck are some people so ignorant.." BS.

Try- If our troops weren't abroad killing locals, there would BE no security risk from Taliban or Al Queda here. And that 10 year old, and many other Afghanis, would still be alive.

Get our troops out of Afghanistan NOW, before they are forced to kill more innocents, or are killed, maimed or psychologically damaged themselves.

I'd bet your support of US hegemony only goes as far as being just another chicken hawk, happy to let other people's kids and fathers die for your pretzel-logic beliefs.

Originally posted by ICEBERG

If the soldiers cant make responsible decisions they should not be there.

Ok, now I know you are completely clueless..

Lets put you over there in charge of a checkpoint. Knowing that any approaching vehicle could potentially be a suicide bomber.

The car/mortorcycle is not stopping, despite obvious signs, and warnings.. you have 5 seconds to decide what to do... what do you do??

Now stfu arm chair soldier..

You or I have no idea the kind of stress these soldiers are under, they are not deliberiatly shooting at innocent people ffs.. Get a clue.

And that 10 year old boy may be alive.. but his Sister would probably be stoned to death for adultry and his mother shot in the street for speaking to another man...

Great life.
    Last edited by wainr; 09-08-2006 at 09:44 AM.

Originally posted by Aleks

So why not go help the people of N. Korea, or Iran or other countries that have regimes that are not democratic and are oppressive?

Where do you draw the line?

You are absolutely right.

Fuck them all.

As long as we are ok thats all that matters.

Originally posted by eljefe

Somalia and Rwanda?
    Canadians were there in a peacekeeping operation.
    Yea and alot of good they did..

Peace keeping is a joke.

Maybe if they didnt have thier hands tied behind thier backs they could have done something..

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by wainr

You are absolutely right.

Fuck them all.

As long as we are ok thats all that matters.
    So how do you decide? And who decides into what countries to go in and start changing things around?

Why not just go into Iran and say we don't like your president. Kill him and fix things the way we want to. I am not saying we shouldn't care about the rest of the world but how do you fix everything that we think is wrong today?

So how do you decide? And who decides into what countries to go in and start changing things around?

Why not just go into Iran and say we don't like your president. Kill him and fix things the way we want to. I am not saying we shouldn't care about the rest of the world but how do you fix everything that we think is wrong today?
    Afghanistan was a double dose. Brutal regime, breeding grounds for terrorists. Easy choice really, especially after 9/11.

Iran.. screw em. I hope they try to test a nuclear weapon and it blows up in their face.

My Ride
    SRT

Polls in Afghanistan have regularly and consistently shown that the locals support attempts to drive out the US-led invasion forces. Just as they have driven out all invaders in known history. It just so happens that "coalition" troops are feeling an extreme seige mentality, and they are getting as fearfully trigger-happy as the Americans they are being forced to emulate.

The longer Canadian troops carry out the US corporate/militarist agenda in Afghanistan and elsewhere, the more instances there will be of Canadian troops killing innocents. Even those merely listed as "collateral damage" and mislabeled as "insurgents". Spare us the "fuckin eh, how the fuck are some people so ignorant.." BS.

Try- If our troops weren't abroad killing locals, there would BE no security risk from Taliban or Al Queda here. And that 10 year old, and many other Afghanis, would still be alive.

Get our troops out of Afghanistan NOW, before they are forced to kill more innocents, or are killed, maimed or psychologically damaged themselves.

I'd bet your support of US hegemony only goes as far as being just another chicken hawk, happy to let other people's kids and fathers die for your pretzel-logic beliefs.
    wow man you really need to wake the fuck up!!!!!!

first off, those KIDS you mentioned earlier, RAN A FUCKIN CHECKPOINT!!! suicide bombs and IEDs are the taliban's only way of inflicting real casualties on the coalition forces, so tell me what the fuck you would do if someone rushes you full fuckin speed, and all you can think off is "DONT DIE, DONT DIE, DONT, DIE, FUCK IT I'M NOT GONNA DIE HERE LIKE A BUNCH OF MY BUDDIES ALREADY DID, FUCK IT I'M GONNA MAKE IT HOME TO MY FAMILITY AND FRIENDS".... oh yeah, i'm sure you'll be real fuckin calm and be able to take life and death decissions within a couple seconds, knowing your life and the rest of your squad's lives are in YOUR hands....

now back to your second argument, which is even worse...

"Polls in Afghanistan have regularly and consistently shown that the locals support attempts to drive out the US-led invasion forces. Just as they have driven out all invaders in known history. It just so happens that "coalition" troops are feeling an extreme seige mentality, and they are getting as fearfully trigger-happy as the Americans they are being forced to emulate. "

you MUST be pulling this shit right out of your asshole, the same asshole that has been loosened up over time by your own head.... MOST AFGHANIS WANT US THERE!!!! THEY KNOW THEIR FUCKIN LOST WITHOUT THE WEST!!! AFGHANISTAN IS A FAILED STATE, AND LIKE ALL FAILED STATES IT'S DIVIDED, AND RAN BY LOCAL WARLORDS, WITH NO FUCKIN CHANCE OF EVER BREAKING LOOSE... FAILED STATES HAVE BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN, TO DO NOTHING BUT HARBOR AND GROW TERRORISM, AND PROVIDE ENDLESS SUFFERING TO THE LOCAL POPULATION.... get a fuckin clue.... the ONLY ones that think in terms of "driving off invasions" are the fuckin ultra religious taliban who ofcourse want to get back in power.... IN IRAQ, THE POPULATION WANTS US OUT, I WONT DEBATE THAT, BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE HAVE ENOUGH BRAIN POWER TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THE TWO!

DO ANY OF YOU EVEN REMEMBER THAT WE ARE PART OF NATO??? DO YOU REMEMBER THAT WE HAVE OBLIGATIONS AS PART OF THAT TREATEE?? NATO and the UN have aproved the mission in Afghanistan, so the WORLD wants us there, we're not fuckin following george bush... as a matter of fact, if you ask any soldier or any canadian military official the reasons they give you for being there and risking their lives HAVE NOTHING TO DO with what bush or america wants...

i swear you gotta be an imbecil to argue AGAINST the war in Afghanistan... we are fighting so that when a little girl gets raped and she punches or hits her attacker in self defence, she DOESNT get hung or stoned to death the next day, for having DARED to touch a man.... we are fighting so little fuckin kids can go to school and get an education, without getting attacked or killed on the way to school, and to make sure that when they come home from school, their whole village isnt razed to the ground.... we are there so people of other denominations outside islam can leave relatively normal lives, and for them to not be publicly executed and humiliated, and for their temples and shrines not to get blown up.... ofcourse, what the fuck do you know about that... it was only a few years back when we were hearing about all the suffering and opression going on after the taliban came to power, and we were seeing images of those big ancient budhist tembles being blown right the fuck up...should i continue?????? should i start going off about all the gross abuses of women's rights and the inhumane discrimination they face daily????

still not enough for you???? we are there to help break the people out of the vicious circle of having to work FOR the taliban.... the people there have no fuckin jobs, no education, no infrastructure, and basically no way to feed their families... they have no option BUT to work the poppy fields for the drug lords... that'd be great if all they did was work, but if you studied history AT FUCKING ALL, you'd know all about serfdom in midle age europe, and see the similarities... these people dont just work the fields, they perform all types of work for the druglords, and they are forced to fight in their druglord's battles or risk getting themselves and their family killed! yes it's fuckin terrible, coz these people are trapped right in the middle, and when the coalition forces roll in, how can they possibly discern between the hardcore militants, and those who are just there because they have been trapped in this conflict and have no way out... YES, believe it or not i'm all pro a more open process for those that end up in Guantanamo, coz a lot of those there are there simply because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time...

"
    Try- If our troops weren't abroad killing locals, there would BE no security risk from Taliban or Al Queda here. And that 10 year old, and many other Afghanis, would still be alive."

in case you didnt know, Canada has been on the Al Queda terror list since 9/11, Osama said so from the very beginning... at the same time, it's fuckin pathetic, that we can be made to shake in our boots by a bunch of crazy fuckers half the world away, and this leads us to doubt ourselves and the difference we are making... the whole point of these radical islamists is to unite the whole world under religious muslim rule, and clense the world of all the infidels...

they wont attack us directly in any large scale until they gain firm control of their region, and take out all western friendly states around them... it almost reminds me on nazism, and how europe stood back, and kept going more and more concessions to HItler, IN THE HOPE THAT HE WILL STOP AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!! he sure did, and to expect these terrorist fuckers to do it any different way is childish and stupid... they thrive on our passiveness and inaction, and use that against that knowing full well that it works against our soft ignorant asses

"Get our troops out of Afghanistan NOW, before they are forced to kill more innocents, or are killed, maimed or psychologically damaged themselves. "

no one is killing innocents... we dont go in and level full villages... what the fuck are you even talking about?? a handfull of people died coz of friendly fire, and that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the thousands that are leading semi-normal lives now, in the areas where the coalition has gained control... the soldiers know all about getting killed, maimed, or becoming psychologically damaged, but they believe in their mission and the difference they are making to the locals, that they ignore these dangers, and go in and get the job done for us. There is yet to be ONE canadian family of a fallen soldier to complain about the war, and the reasoning behind it... NOT ONE!!!! the soldiers that come back are proud of what they did there and the help they provided... they know there is NOTHING in this for canada, however, they are fighting to spread our values, one of which being PEACE KEEPING! if peace keeping is something we believe in so strongly, and we tell ourselves that's what makes us different than the pesky americans, then why the fuck do we always try to find excuses for not going???

to PEACE KEEP, you need to MAKE PEACE first... this whole mission would have gone to shit if we started doing the same shit we did in bosnia and in africa, namely to expect that we can just walk between the fighting sides and get them to stop killing eachother.... pretty fuckin idealistic but that shit will never fly...

"I'd bet your support of US hegemony only goes as far as being just another chicken hawk, happy to let other people's kids and fathers die for your pretzel-logic beliefs"

if after all this you still think this is MY pretzel -logic belief then you my friend are a huge dumbass

My Ride
    SRT

i think once thousands of people start dying, that should be enough! the problem in my opinion is that it's hard to make countries to commit soldiers and money to conflicts... in a world where everyone is concerned about fiscal balance, and the bad example already set by the US, its even harder to convince countries to commit the lives of their soldiers to foreign conflicts... like rwanda... a few white peacekeepers died, and the whole UN mission was pulled... HOtel Rwanda was so true: a WHITE man's life isnt worth hundreds of COLORED people's lives, in our current world...

as soon as shit really hit the fan in a country, and sectarian violence and war rip the country appart, i think it's time for an intervention... if its just a really crazy guy like the dude in iran or the our buddy Kim in koreea, there are still other ways to resolve the issue, coz their gripe is with foreign powers, and their not really persecuting the locals TOO much... things may be hard for the locals, and yeah some of them are getting persecuted and killed, but unless shit really hits the fan, the foreign comunity is GUARANTEED not to do anything about it... we'll always find excuses...

who should decide where we go in? why the UN, but the UN is so weak now, that even when they DO aprove us going to Afghanistan, and hte whole international comunity backs that, we have people who still debate that decission, namely all these fools (including the damn NDP) that want us out...

i mean look at the double standard we are putting forward: first we brag and sword ratle that we are morally superior, we hate violence, and we believe in world freedon and peace under the banner of a united world, working together to fix the world's problems... but, when we are given a mandate by the international comunity we sit around and debate and argue about what we should or should not be doing, and we sit and wonder about how our actions will piss off some hardcore fundamentalists, which regardless of what you think, want us all to be dead yeasterday!

so how can the international comunity take us serious if we bail out at the first sign of trouble? how can WE take the UN serious when terrorist countries like Syria are on the security council? IMO, it'd be great if the UN did work like how it was intended to, and htat all member nations contributed accordingly, but at the moment anyone and everyone has a voice in the UN, but its mostly the US that funds most of hte missions it undertakes... so the UN is fucked coz on one hand no decission can ever really be made in a timely fashion, and is also fucked because without the US backing it's almost powerless... NATO seems to be the only organization that still functions, and its no surprise that the US had to go in with a NATO mandate in Afghanistan, otherwise they would have been delayed and delayed endlesly by other UN members who support the taliban...

its a big and complicated world, there are no clear and easy answers to these issues, but at the very least we should not repeat the lessons of past history
    Last edited by riceeater; 09-08-2006 at 12:19 PM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by worm
    Being a member of I guess the so called "terrorists" we are proud to do our job over in Afghanistan. We will hopefully stay put where we can defend those that are unable to defend themselves.

As for you Toma, one of the things I'm willing to die for is the right of any and all people to have freedom of speech. That said I in no way agree with your comment that we have to get them out of there, nor do I agree with much you have to say on beyond about anything political. I find your statements confusing at best! How you are so against what the military is doing and why we are doing it. The Canadian military is not now or will they ever be puppets (as someone earlier said) of the American government. We are in Afghanistan to return the country to the people it belongs to, or in other words take control of it away from the many terrorists that call it home. "Taliban or any extremists" I have no really opinion on their religion as I don't even have an opinion on the religions of this country, BUT EVERYONE even the people of Afghanistan are entitled to voice a personal opinion without fear of reprisal from anyone.

I For one am VERY proud of the many men and women that are willing to die to ensure that simple freedoms that you and all Canadians have and sometimes take for granted. I believe I have mentioned in other postings that I have requested to be sent to Afghanistan, to do my job, to protect those that can't protect themselves. Something that I think would be a job worth doing. Something my family believes and most of all, my son believes is a job worth doing.

GO CANADA GO!!!

good on ya man... stay safe and protect the brothers in arms
    Cos...

wow man you really need to wake the fuck up!!!!!!

first off, those KIDS you mentioned earlier, RAN A FUCKIN CHECKPOINT!!! suicide bombs and IEDs are the taliban's only way of inflicting real casualties on the coalition forces, so tell me what the fuck you would do if someone rushes you full fuckin speed, and all you can think off is "DONT DIE, DONT DIE, DONT, DIE, FUCK IT I'M NOT GONNA DIE HERE LIKE A BUNCH OF MY BUDDIES ALREADY DID, FUCK IT I'M GONNA MAKE IT HOME TO MY FAMILITY AND FRIENDS".... oh yeah, i'm sure you'll be real fuckin calm and be able to take life and death decissions within a couple seconds, knowing your life and the rest of your squad's lives are in YOUR hands....

now back to your second argument, which is even worse...

"Polls in Afghanistan have regularly and consistently shown that the locals support attempts to drive out the US-led invasion forces. Just as they have driven out all invaders in known history. It just so happens that "coalition" troops are feeling an extreme seige mentality, and they are getting as fearfully trigger-happy as the Americans they are being forced to emulate. "

you MUST be pulling this shit right out of your asshole, the same asshole that has been loosened up over time by your own head.... MOST AFGHANIS WANT US THERE!!!! THEY KNOW THEIR FUCKIN LOST WITHOUT THE WEST!!! AFGHANISTAN IS A FAILED STATE, AND LIKE ALL FAILED STATES IT'S DIVIDED, AND RAN BY LOCAL WARLORDS, WITH NO FUCKIN CHANCE OF EVER BREAKING LOOSE... FAILED STATES HAVE BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN, TO DO NOTHING BUT HARBOR AND GROW TERRORISM, AND PROVIDE ENDLESS SUFFERING TO THE LOCAL POPULATION.... get a fuckin clue.... the ONLY ones that think in terms of "driving off invasions" are the fuckin ultra religious taliban who ofcourse want to get back in power.... IN IRAQ, THE POPULATION WANTS US OUT, I WONT DEBATE THAT, BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE HAVE ENOUGH BRAIN POWER TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THE TWO!

DO ANY OF YOU EVEN REMEMBER THAT WE ARE PART OF NATO??? DO YOU REMEMBER THAT WE HAVE OBLIGATIONS AS PART OF THAT TREATEE?? NATO and the UN have aproved the mission in Afghanistan, so the WORLD wants us there, we're not fuckin following george bush... as a matter of fact, if you ask any soldier or any canadian military official the reasons they give you for being there and risking their lives HAVE NOTHING TO DO with what bush or america wants...

i swear you gotta be an imbecil to argue AGAINST the war in Afghanistan... we are fighting so that when a little girl gets raped and she punches or hits her attacker in self defence, she DOESNT get hung or stoned to death the next day, for having DARED to touch a man.... we are fighting so little fuckin kids can go to school and get an education, without getting attacked or killed on the way to school, and to make sure that when they come home from school, their whole village isnt razed to the ground.... we are there so people of other denominations outside islam can leave relatively normal lives, and for them to not be publicly executed and humiliated, and for their temples and shrines not to get blown up.... ofcourse, what the fuck do you know about that... it was only a few years back when we were hearing about all the suffering and opression going on after the taliban came to power, and we were seeing images of those big ancient budhist tembles being blown right the fuck up...should i continue?????? should i start going off about all the gross abuses of women's rights and the inhumane discrimination they face daily????

still not enough for you???? we are there to help break the people out of the vicious circle of having to work FOR the taliban.... the people there have no fuckin jobs, no education, no infrastructure, and basically no way to feed their families... they have no option BUT to work the poppy fields for the drug lords... that'd be great if all they did was work, but if you studied history AT FUCKING ALL, you'd know all about serfdom in midle age europe, and see the similarities... these people dont just work the fields, they perform all types of work for the druglords, and they are forced to fight in their druglord's battles or risk getting themselves and their family killed! yes it's fuckin terrible, coz these people are trapped right in the middle, and when the coalition forces roll in, how can they possibly discern between the hardcore militants, and those who are just there because they have been trapped in this conflict and have no way out... YES, believe it or not i'm all pro a more open process for those that end up in Guantanamo, coz a lot of those there are there simply because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time...

"
    Try- If our troops weren't abroad killing locals, there would BE no security risk from Taliban or Al Queda here. And that 10 year old, and many other Afghanis, would still be alive."

in case you didnt know, Canada has been on the Al Queda terror list since 9/11, Osama said so from the very beginning... at the same time, it's fuckin pathetic, that we can be made to shake in our boots by a bunch of crazy fuckers half the world away, and this leads us to doubt ourselves and the difference we are making... the whole point of these radical islamists is to unite the whole world under religious muslim rule, and clense the world of all the infidels...

they wont attack us directly in any large scale until they gain firm control of their region, and take out all western friendly states around them... it almost reminds me on nazism, and how europe stood back, and kept going more and more concessions to HItler, IN THE HOPE THAT HE WILL STOP AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!! he sure did, and to expect these terrorist fuckers to do it any different way is childish and stupid... they thrive on our passiveness and inaction, and use that against that knowing full well that it works against our soft ignorant asses

"Get our troops out of Afghanistan NOW, before they are forced to kill more innocents, or are killed, maimed or psychologically damaged themselves. "

no one is killing innocents... we dont go in and level full villages... what the fuck are you even talking about?? a handfull of people died coz of friendly fire, and that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the thousands that are leading semi-normal lives now, in the areas where the coalition has gained control... the soldiers know all about getting killed, maimed, or becoming psychologically damaged, but they believe in their mission and the difference they are making to the locals, that they ignore these dangers, and go in and get the job done for us. There is yet to be ONE canadian family of a fallen soldier to complain about the war, and the reasoning behind it... NOT ONE!!!! the soldiers that come back are proud of what they did there and the help they provided... they know there is NOTHING in this for canada, however, they are fighting to spread our values, one of which being PEACE KEEPING! if peace keeping is something we believe in so strongly, and we tell ourselves that's what makes us different than the pesky americans, then why the fuck do we always try to find excuses for not going???

to PEACE KEEP, you need to MAKE PEACE first... this whole mission would have gone to shit if we started doing the same shit we did in bosnia and in africa, namely to expect that we can just walk between the fighting sides and get them to stop killing eachother.... pretty fuckin idealistic but that shit will never fly...

"I'd bet your support of US hegemony only goes as far as being just another chicken hawk, happy to let other people's kids and fathers die for your pretzel-logic beliefs"

if after all this you still think this is MY pretzel -logic belief then you my friend are a huge dumbass

Wow....riceeater and wainr, I think you guy's have proven that you know absolutley nothing of what you are talking about. No use arguing with a 16 year olds and a keyboard. Seriously. But keep it up, I hear the national enquirer is looking for new writers.

Ohhh, also riceeater uses the term ASS & FUCK alot, are you some kind of perv? Next time you post i urge you to keep the name calling down.

Wow....riceeater and wainr, I think you guy's have proven that you know absolutley nothing of what you are talking about. No use arguing with a 16 year olds and a keyboard. Seriously. But keep it up, I hear the national enquirer is looking for new writers.

Helo pot.. this is kettle.

Glad you know everything about the world. Guess you have been over there and served in the armed forced, have spoken first hand to the people in Afghanistan..

Most of what Riceeater said was based on facts.... not just opinion. So Nato does not exist? We are not a member?
    You dont need peace to keep peace... Our toops are deliberatly shooting innocent people. The people in Afghanistan would rather be ruled by the Taliban than be free??

Please elighten me to your oh so powerful knowledge..my meek little mind cannot fathom your greatness and intelligence..

Air a bit thin up there?

Your so blinded by your utter hatred for the US you cant even see straight.
    Last edited by wainr; 09-08-2006 at 06:00 PM.

US and canada arent the only countries there. Add italy, germany, spain, sweden, netherlands... lemme guess... also american attack dogs too right? wtf is wrong with you haters? "wah get us out of afghan!" ... Why? The country's more stable than it's ever been. Kids can go to school, women actually have rights, etc etc. Pretty progressive I know, but some of you guys should remember this is Canada, and we don't stone people for not practicing a certain religion here. Crazy-ass pro-taliban/pro-al qaeda views won't win you much support, so I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Also a big fuck you to the NDP party. Layton you pansy fuck, pick up a rifle and go help out before you dare call our guys terrorists. Seriously, how do they come up with this shit? "Lets negotiate with the taliban." Hahahahahaha fgts

Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
    US and canada arent the only countries there. Add italy, germany, spain, sweden, netherlands... lemme guess... also american attack dogs too right? wtf is wrong with you haters? "wah get us out of afghan!" ... Why? The country's more stable than it's ever been. Kids can go to school, women actually have rights, etc etc. Pretty progressive I know, but some of you guys should remember this is Canada, and we don't stone people for not practicing a certain religion here. Crazy-ass pro-taliban/pro-al qaeda views won't win you much support, so I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Also a big fuck you to the NDP party. Layton you pansy fuck, pick up a rifle and go help out before you dare call our guys terrorists. Seriously, how do they come up with this shit? "Lets negotiate with the taliban." Hahahahahaha fgts
    We should ship the whole NDP party and its supporters over to Afghanistan so they can fight the "real" terrorists...

TBH, this is why I like the idea of mandatory service. Italy does it, Israel does it. People are *much* more appreciative of what they have once they're called to defend it. Instead we have an entire parliament full of people who never served but somehow have the authority to call the shots.

Guaranteed no one would be saying that if they had the experience of being in combat.

PS: In a couple days, you'll probably hear that the kid who got shot had 10 lbs of explosives strapped to the bike. Almost certain of it. Sorta like the kid who whacked a Captain with an axe in the back of the head. They come outa nowhere and get shot down just as fast...

My Ride
    SRT

see, the thing about Layton, is that he JUST complained about how we are not sending ENOUGH people oversees, just before he started this latest "get out of afghanistan" parade... he was arguing every chance he got that Harper lied about not being able to send troops to Lebanon and kept bitching that the canadian army should do more to support UN missions around the world... either he is doing nothing but fishing for undecided votes, or he is so blinded by his own rethoric that he actually does believe that we are the terrorists in afghanistan and not the taliban... my guess is that it's just another pathetic attempt to sway uninformed voters to his party this was my attempt to get the thread back on track

My Ride
    SRT

Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
    TBH, this is why I like the idea of mandatory service. Italy does it, Israel does it. People are *much* more appreciative of what they have once they're called to defend it.
    romania has it too, but we're abolishing that starting next year... it does absolutely nothing in a peacefull country imo; you're always gonna have career soldiers who will defend and partake in peace missions, so having everyone serve for 1 year becomes just a drag and annoyance on the population... israel needs to have everyone ready to fight coz they are so vastly outnumbered by enemies...

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 05:46 AM.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

"Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan are preparing for a potential backlash after shooting dead a 10-year-old Afghan boy and injuring a teenager.

"Approximately two hours after the attack, two Afghan youths were fired on by a Canadian soldier when their motorcycle breached a security perimeter around the bombing site.

A single bullet passed through the 17-year-old driver, striking and killing his 10-year-old passenger, Canadian military officials said."

I'm sure the parents of the young boy murdered by Canadian soldiers are not interested in excuses.

If the soldiers cant make responsible decisions they should not be there.

Now F off riceeater, don't give me that shit about being ignorant. When innocent kids start getting killed than i have a problem with who ever is IN Afghanistan.
    You should post the rest of the details concerning those shootings. It's common knowledge in Afghanistan not to run checkpoints, as these people did. They were verbally warned, they were given warning shots and then they were shot.

At least the soldier who pulled the trigger didn't wait for the kid to potentially blow up the checkpoint.

This isn't some fucking movie. This is war. People die. People who don't deserve it, die. Soldiers die. This is not peacekeeping. It's war.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast