Quantcast
NDP riding association: Canadian soldiers terrorists - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: NDP riding association: Canadian soldiers terrorists

Default NDP riding association: Canadian soldiers terrorists

Just a reminder of what kind of wackos are in the NDP.

NDP riding association calls Canadian troops ‘terrorists'

John Ivison, National Post
    Published: Wednesday, September 06, 2006

OTTAWA - Canada's troops in Afghanistan have been "acting like terrorists, destroying communities, killing and maiming innocent people", according to a resolution that will be voted on by New Democrats at the party's convention in Quebec City this weekend.

The resolution is one of 104 proposals on international affairs from local riding associations that will be presented at the convention. Others suggest Canada withdraw from the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the World Trade Organization and the North American Free Trade Agreement, while one riding association proposes a freeze on trade with Israel until the "occupation of Palestinian lands" is ended.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Let's drop all NDP into Southern Afghanistan, and see who the real terrorists are.

With the other idea's put forth, they are wackos.

Fuck em
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    You Crazy

they have to get our troops out of there....

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

by calling them terrorists and accusing them of killing and maiming innocents?

My Ride
    '02 protege 5

Being a member of I guess the so called "terrorists" we are proud to do our job over in Afghanistan. We will hopefully stay put where we can defend those that are unable to defend themselves.

As for you Toma, one of the things I'm willing to die for is the right of any and all people to have freedom of speech. That said I in no way agree with your comment that we have to get them out of there, nor do I agree with much you have to say on beyond about anything political. I find your statements confusing at best! How you are so against what the military is doing and why we are doing it. The Canadian military is not now or will they ever be puppets (as someone earlier said) of the American government. We are in Afghanistan to return the country to the people it belongs to, or in other words take control of it away from the many terrorists that call it home. "Taliban or any extremists" I have no really opinion on their religion as I don't even have an opinion on the religions of this country, BUT EVERYONE even the people of Afghanistan are entitled to voice a personal opinion without fear of reprisal from anyone.

I For one am VERY proud of the many men and women that are willing to die to ensure that simple freedoms that you and all Canadians have and sometimes take for granted. I believe I have mentioned in other postings that I have requested to be sent to Afghanistan, to do my job, to protect those that can't protect themselves. Something that I think would be a job worth doing. Something my family believes and most of all, my son believes is a job worth doing.

GO CANADA GO!!!

My Ride
    02 TL1000R, 14 F150 FX4, 11 XKR 175

^^

Thank you and all members of the Canadian military for doing a job that not many of us are cut out to do. I for one know that I could never hack it as a solider.

Some of us do appreciate what you contribute to the world at large. Thanks again.

Thanks worm, the majority of us stand behind you, and are proud as hell of all you guys.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Thank you worm!
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by Toma
    Why would we want "terrorists" to come back to our country?

Originally posted by Toma
    Agree. Canadian troops should come back home. Because our soldiers in Afghanistan are doing the dirty work of George W. Bush and Tony Blair.

Toma does not care.. if they die over there he has no sympathy for them... maybe if they were here beating women or something he would be happier.. god forbid we should uphold our obligation to our allies and the people of Afghanistan. Maybe we are allied with the wrong side.. perhaps we should partner up with Hezbollah or the Taliban, maybe the Tamil Tigers.. you know they are all a bunch of freedom and peace loving people after all...
    Last edited by wainr; 09-07-2006 at 10:28 PM.

My Ride
    '02 protege 5

Thank you all for the support you show the Canadian Military, We (the members of the military) appreciate the support. Toma is by all mean entitled to his opinion on this subject, as are all beyond members or Canadians for that matter.

Thanks 95 eagle for pointing out other side of the story for hopefully anyone who is against us being there to read.

I don't think any Canadian in Afghanistan wants to die or to kill, but it is our job and as it was stated in one of those news paper article and I quote "Those who died in combat believed they were making a difference in Afghanistan" and truly that’s what it's all about believing your making a difference.

Yes Toma times are bad in Afghanistan but don't tell me they were better before we got there! But war is hell, and even if the people of Afghanistan have to suffer a bit now, they will be better off in the future. If you want examples, after WW II the German people were starving too, but if given the chance do you think any of them would rather still be a nazi??? Or are they better off running their own country and having rights??? Unfortunately sometimes to gain your freedom you have to pay a little along the way, they are paying by having the life up rooted and not enough food to go around, the soldiers are paying with their lives. But in the end the soldiers will win and the Afghanistan people will be better off, able to run their country the way THEY see fit. Not the way some drug lord or terrorist sees fit.

I know I will never change your mind on this subject and maybe that’s a good thing because I believe if everyone saw everything the same way no one would have to stop and look at the big picture. But what I would ask is even if you don't believe in the mission, believe in the people and support them anyway you can, pray for their safety, pray for the safety of the people of Afghanistan, hell pray for the war to end quickly. But no matter what you do please at least support of the member of YOUR military that are willing to die to try and help people half way around the world that they don't even know.

My Ride
    SRT

Originally posted by ICEBERG

Agree. Canadian troops should come back home. Because our soldiers in Afghanistan are doing the dirty work of George W. Bush and Tony Blair.
    you are a fuckin imbecil... that's like saying we should never go to somalia or rwanda, we should just let millions and fuckin MILLIONS of people get butchered, and let them live out their short pathetic existance in as much misery as their local warlords want... fuckin eh, how the fuck are some people so ignorant.. hate the war in iraq ALL DAY LONG, but dont fuckin compare it with what we're doing in afghanistan...FUCK

"Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan are preparing for a potential backlash after shooting dead a 10-year-old Afghan boy and injuring a teenager.

"Approximately two hours after the attack, two Afghan youths were fired on by a Canadian soldier when their motorcycle breached a security perimeter around the bombing site.

A single bullet passed through the 17-year-old driver, striking and killing his 10-year-old passenger, Canadian military officials said."

I'm sure the parents of the young boy murdered by Canadian soldiers are not interested in excuses.

If the soldiers cant make responsible decisions they should not be there.

Now F off riceeater, don't give me that shit about being ignorant. When innocent kids start getting killed than i have a problem with who ever is IN Afghanistan.
    Last edited by ICEBERG; 09-08-2006 at 08:03 AM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Stop pissing away my tax dollars Mr Harper, how about we put that money back into Canada so that this country has a chance of being at least 1/2 as good as Alberta is. Hell id rather see this money go to Stats Canada. There is no reason for us to be there.
    Although the NDP are lunatics and I dont agree with anything they say.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by riceeater

you are a fuckin imbecil... that's like saying we should never go to somalia or rwanda, we should just let millions and fuckin MILLIONS of people get butchered, and let them live out their short pathetic existance in as much misery as their local warlords want... fuckin eh, how the fuck are some people so ignorant.. hate the war in iraq ALL DAY LONG, but dont fuckin compare it with what we're doing in afghanistan...FUCK
    So why not go help the people of N. Korea, or Iran or other countries that have regimes that are not democratic and are oppressive?

Where do you draw the line?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast