Quantcast
Saddam had no ties to Al Qaeda - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saddam had no ties to Al Qaeda

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Saddam had no ties to Al Qaeda

So much for the big mans speach the other day lol

Soooo, no WMD's, no Al Qaeda..... so it was the oil and Halliburton contracts?

as if we didn't know.... but for those of you that didn't....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5328592.stm

The finding is contained in a 2005 CIA report released by the Senate's Intelligence Committee on Friday.

US President George W Bush has said that the presence of late al-Qaeda leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Iraq before the war was evidence of a link.

Opposition Democrats say the report has harmed Mr Bush's case for going to war.

The BBC's Justin Webb in Washington says that the US president has again and again tried to connect the war in Iraq, which most Americans think was a mistake, with the so-called war on terror, which has the support of the nation.

Originally posted by wainr
    dot
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Welcome to 2 years ago. The war might be considered sketchy by many, but were are better off without Saddam and his nut job kids.
    Last edited by l8braker; 09-08-2006 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride

I'd have to say, that no matter what side of the isreal/lebanon thread war you're on that's been going on in beyond.ca lately, it's pretty obvious that the US/Iraq thing was pretty much bullshit.

Originally posted by l8braker

Welcome to 2 years ago. The war might be considered sketchy by many, but were are better off without Saddam and his nut job kids.
    The world would be far better off than the bastards that funded and supported those bastards. All in all dont tell me this thing was worth the 1 000 000+ killed.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Of course its obvious.... BUT when the WMD's didn't turn up, the excuse for their war crimes in Iraq was then of course ties to Al Qaeda...

There are a large percentage of Americans that still think it was Saddam that didi 911 lol

Who cares! Saddam got what whe deserved. I consider the war is unfinished business from desert storm.

I love the no WMD argument.

Let's see...they found the warheads used to deliver the chemical/biological agents, banned by UN resolutions. Stockpiles of the missile systems used to deliver the warheads, banned by UN resolutions. Camouflaged production facilities never shown to UN inspectors and banned by UN resolutions and many of the base chemicals used in the production of the agents.

Yes, there were no missiles on the launchers with a big flashing red launch button, but Iraq was defying UN resolutions plain and simple. Resolutions the UN for 10 years said, 'follow or else' but never had the commitment to do the 'or else'. The US said let our inspectors in or else, then followed through with the or else. A threat of force is only effective if you use the force you threat.

As for the Al Qeada links, the 9/11 commission stated that there were many meetings between members of the Iraqi government and the terrorist organization, but since these meetings were not documented it could not emphatically prove that these were official meetings nor could they determine what happened during them. I'm sure they were just discussing weekend social events though.

I 100% agree that the US tried to over market the war and it has come back to hurt them. But in the world climate today it had to be done. Really it should have happenned within a year of the first gulf war, but the UN and/or the US administration at the time didn't have the commitment. Instead the UN pussyfooted around for 10 years letting Saddam jerk them around over their resolutions and empty threats of force. The UN lost any credibility on the world stage at being able to back up their resolutions and it has created the climate of open defiance today by Iran and North Korea.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    You Crazy

^^^^ nope, they found none.

The rockets were shorter range then banned by the UN.

The ones they found "tainted" with Sarin gas were so badly degraded, they figured they were remnants from 15 years ago... and there were only handful.

Even the head UN weapons inspectors (two of them) said there were no WMD's, and an independant Russian commission found they had none, and as with Iran, were at least 10 years away from developing nukes if they wanted to (though there was no evidence of it).

You can justify it how you want, but they found NOTHING of substance. A few OLD errant rockets here and there are expected in a devestated country.

As for 9/11..... well, first of, Al Qaeda had nothing to do with it.... and even IF they did, certainly Saddam had nothing to do with them. That has been covered to death but FBI, CIA, UN, Russians again etc... The aledged metting in Europe were just that... aledged.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

You can lead Toma to rational thought,,,,,,

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by Watcher
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

You can lead Toma to rational thought,,,,,,
    listen, there is nothing worse than a person who cannot come up with their own good arguement and as such relies on degrading a person, rather than their argument to make a point.

it matters not if toma is right or wrong, what matters is how you are able to discuss the topic with him.

(end of pet peev rant)

My Ride
    2010 Chev Camaro (S); 1998 Buick Century (W)

and who can justify the 90,000 iraqi civilians killed in this process?

Originally posted by turab16
    and who can justify the 90,000 iraqi civilians killed in this process?
    nobody, that is what sickens me, daily in iraq we have 9/11's happening, and nobody seems to give a shit...seems foreign life to the americans means less?

Originally posted by umreeka91

nobody, that is what sickens me, daily in iraq we have 9/11's happening, and nobody seems to give a shit...seems foreign life to the americans means less?
    And who is doing this? Not the Americans. Dozens of people die each day by suicide bombers in Iraq, I am sure they have the Iraqi peoples best interest at heart...

My Ride
    You Crazy

Funny though.... the weekly death toll is much higher now then it was under Saddam (excluding the Kurd incident mind ya).

90,000 though... you guys are forgetting the 1 million kids that died from gulf 1 to gulf 2 due to sanctions, embargos and the daily US bombing of water treatment plants etc.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 05:46 AM.

Originally posted by Toma
    Funny though.... the weekly death toll is much higher now then it was under Saddam (excluding the Kurd incident mind ya).

90,000 though... you guys are forgetting the 1 million kids that died from gulf 1 to gulf 2 due to sanctions, embargos and the daily US bombing of water treatment plants etc.
    Saddam's lower death toll than the US = US's Fault?

Saddam's higher death toll than the US = US's Fault, too?

Toma, you are so full of hatred it clouds your judgement.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Watcher

Saddam's lower death toll than the US = US's Fault?

Saddam's higher death toll than the US = US's Fault, too?

Toma, you are so full of hatred it clouds your judgement.
    Right now, SINCE the US war criminal invasion (gulf 2), the death toll is 3 times higher then during the Saddam days.... so yes directly the US's fault due to the instability they purposely created.

From 91- to 1997, approximately 1 million children died (that would not have died otherwise) due to US imposed, bribed, and coerced sanctions. They died from malnutrition and disease. The US would bomb water treatment facilities, then deny the equipment needed to repair them. No clean water, lack of food, many medicines and medical equipment impossible to get = death. American's fault again. This 1 million number comes to us courtesy of the red cross, doctors without borders, WHO, Unicef and the UN.

Now, since you think I am full of shit.... PEOPLE IN THE KNOW, on the front line publicly denounced the sanctions as murderous and gorotesque, and 3 high ranking UN officials resigned over them. These HEROS were:
    1) Dennis Halliday - UN assistant secretary general and humanitarian coordinator in Iraq ... with the UN for 34 years
    2) Hans von Sponeck replaced Halliday and then quit himself for the same reasons
    3) Ms Jutta Burghardt - head of the UN World Food Programme in Baghdad

I know, I know.... they are less credible then GWB and his fellow war criminal americans.

According to the UN's own statistics, these sanctions have killed more than 1.7 million Iraqis - 750,000 of them children and the infant mortality rate has more than doubled since its implementation in the last nine years. A litany of other independant studies conducted by humanitarian groups have also supported and exposed the devastating inhumane situation in Iraq which is causing irreparable damage to an entire generation of children.

Mr. von Sponeck also criticised the inadequate Oil-for-Food programme for failing to meet the minimum humanitarian needs of Iraq's 22 million people. In fact, UN reports consistently highlight high malnutrition rates among Iraqis, especially the children.

All of Iraqi's oil revenue earned through the above relief mechanism are controlled by the Security Council. After allocations are taken out to pay billions of dollars for Gulf War reparations and UN administrative expenses, the amount of money which reaches the average person in Iraq is a mere 25 cents per person per day which is hardly enough for survival.
    Last edited by Toma; 09-09-2006 at 01:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast