Quantcast
Ideas for fighting ticket? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for fighting ticket?

Default Ideas for fighting ticket?

any suggestions on what i should say...to defend my self for the ticket "driving without consideration for others"

ANY ideas would be appreciated....

the ticket is 6 demrits right?

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

go to the JP ask him nicely to drop the points, ive dne it with like 5 tickets, works everytime!!

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

say your applying for a job that doesn't allow any points to be off your liscance and you need the job to pay for school. hahah they can't say no to that

My Ride
    Integra

Default Re: Ideas for fighting ticket?

Originally posted by tegdream
    "driving without consideration for others"

the ticket is 6 demrits right?
    Before I can give my advice as to what to say, I would like to know what "driving without consideration for others" means because 6 demrits seems like a ton, that's almost half, holy shit...

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,just say i was following a truck that was carring gravel, it was landing on your car, u thought it was unsafe to follow him so u passed and got busted!!, ive used that a few times

uhh haah ..well cant say i need to pay for school cuz im in grade 11
    and...

i got the ticket for racing, my buddy got the same ticket...we raced off the lights....so i think we were lucky to get this ticket?

anymore ideaS?

the JP is the guy at the counter right?
    do i just ask that when i go to plead?
    should i just be like "sir can you please drop the demerits?"

?? sorry im kinda lost

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

awwww if its for street racing man sorry, dont think your gonna fight your way outta that one man, if u need some cash to pay thta, ill take my old wheels off your hand

the ticket itself isnt for "racing" though....nahh hah rims are on..sold subs instead

so how would the JP know whether "drivin with out consideration......." whether i was streetracing or just like passing illegally or somehting? confuseing me

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Originally posted by tegdream
    the ticket itself isnt for "racing" though....nahh hah rims are on..sold subs instead

so how would the JP know whether "drivin with out consideration......." whether i was streetracing or just like passing illegally or somehting? confuseing me
    i think the officers copy has notes of what you were doing

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

First off, go submit a request for particulars. This will let you see what the cop wrote on the other part of the ticket (it will contain notes about the actual incident).

Then you can make up a better story based on what info he has supplied.
    ---

a friend had the same ticket for the same reason (racing off a light).

Did the same thing as any other ticket..just went to see the crown prosecutor and demerits were reduced but not the fee.

I guess it depends how good of a mood the guy is in. Each time I've been there, he rushes me through it real fast since he's probably sees a hundred cases a day.

My brother got the same demerit points for a ticket. Except he was in a parking lot ready to leave, and some bitch was just passing through the yellow lines and cut him off as he was leaving and hit her. He got hit with "Fail to Drive in Parking Lane in Safety", which is 6 demerits. Plus he was found at fault for the accident too. Ahh well, he has a date in court.... That lady shouldnt have been driving through the parking lanes anyway. Isnt that illegal?
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

so should i plead guilty then ask to see the CP?

or just ask the JP?

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

First off you need to go see the Justice of the Peace or JP. He/she is the person at the counter in the window. Tell them that you want "disclosure" in your case. This will be the report from the cop about your ticket, it will detail everything that the crown has against you. It takes about a week or so for them to dig it up.

Then depending what the diclosure says you want to go back to the JP and tell him/her that you want to plea not guilty or you want to plea down your case. They will ask you to sit in a chair and you'll wait for about an hour until the crown prosecutor or CP will talk to you. Tell him/her your reason for wanting to get the case kicked or reduced. You better have some sort of good excuse beside "I want the ticket reduced", again you want to refer to the disclosure form. If you didn't get clocked by radar then state that although you accelerated strongly from the light you did not speed or something along thoose lines.

One other thing you may want to do after you get the disclosure is look up the exact offense in the Alberta Highway Traffic Act to see excatly what you are bring charged for, sometimes they give a ticket for the wrong thing...

Last hope is try getting a court date in which you want to appear before a court room and judge. The CP will not want to do this because it wastes the systems time. If you get a court date, try to change it a week or two before the court date (tell them that you have a final that day and can't make it). With any luck the cop that gave you the ticket won't show. Also, fight this ticket by yourself, don't go to see the JP, CP or court with your buddy.

Good Luck...

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Originally posted by kenny
    First off, go submit a request for particulars. This will let you see what the cop wrote on the other part of the ticket (it will contain notes about the actual incident).

I think it's called a "disclosure"... maybe particulars will work too, but I never tried to use that term before.

My Ride
    05 RX-8

You may remember a thread awhile back concerning 3 Preludes on Highway 1a all getting "Driving without consideration" tickets. Well, we went to court yesterday, explained our situation with the CP and we pleaded to a lesser charge and got it lowered to unsafe pass which is 3 demerits and $69. It was the best we could do and it was good enough for me.

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

Originally posted by SlowLude
    You may remember a thread awhile back concerning 3 Preludes on Highway 1a all getting "Driving without consideration" tickets. Well, we went to court yesterday, explained our situation with the CP and we pleaded to a lesser charge and got it lowered to unsafe pass which is 3 demerits and $69. It was the best we could do and it was good enough for me.
    Nice, I was wondering what happened to you guys. I had a ticket that I fought a couple of weeks ago, I got it reduced from $126 and 3 demerits to $68 and no demerits.

so the original ticket IS 6 demrits right?

My Ride
    05 RX-8

Yes. I'm guessing it was a 123a or b ticket? 6 demerits is a lot and most of the time, they overcharge on this one. It doesn't take a lot of effort to get it lowered down, but depends on the JP or CP's mood and negotiation skills.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast