Quantcast
A7X Concert Sat Night - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: A7X Concert Sat Night

My Ride
    05 Lifted ram-08 Mega Cab Dually-1946 383 Chev

Default A7X Concert Sat Night

Who else went to this concert

Protest the hero FUCKING ROCKED!
    and Avenged sevenfold was incredible. everyone else who went tell me what your thoughs were and what the name of the second band playing was.

Last edited by black_radiation; 09-10-2006 at 01:41 AM.

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

i sold my tickets to it cuzi had to work

and i realized i only liked maybe 5 of avenged's songs haha

My Ride

ahah well they played all of their best songs anyways
    bat country
    seize the day
    unholy confessions
    beast and the harlot
    burn it down

seize the day was definately intense.

My Ride

nobody else on beyond went?

My Ride
    1990 300zx LHD ;) 400HP

I never, my buddies did though, they loved it.
    One of them puked over someone, I don't think he was drinking even...and some guy hauled him out shoulda kicked his ass for being stupid. I think it was from putting too much chew in his lip

My Ride

OMFG that was him who puked, i almost stepped in it lol i was like EWW somebody hit the booze a little hard before the show lol, but chew will do that to you

i was upstairs in the atmosphere concert. i heard a7 kicked fuckin' ass though.

My Ride
    90 jdm ST185 86 ST162

I was definately there, front row centre baby.
    First band was called The Confession,
    Second was 3 Inches of Blood
    Then Protest
    Then Avenged.

I thought The Confession was fuckin rad, I was dissapointed they didn't play more songs.

I hated 3 Inches of Blood, I couldn't stand the singing..that singer needs his balls back.

Protest = Godly, I was right up close for them and I was stunned at how good they played. Staring at the one guitarists fingers on his fretboard was absolutely amazing, such a smooth player.

Avenged....I was definately impressed. I've seen them 4 times now and this was probably the best I've seen them other than the first time when Shadows could still scream and they played upstairs @ MacEwan with about 150ish people.

Syn's guitar solo could have been better, but he definately pulled it off nicely.

Walk by Pantera I thought was pulled off verrrrrrry nice, definately got the whole crowd pumped up for sure.

All in all it was a great trip up to Calgary, I got drenched by all the water thrown by the security gaurds, but it felt fantastic.

Can't wait for them to come back after they release their next CD (probably the next time they'll end up in Calgary).

Anyone goin to Silverstein/Underoath/Moneen next weekend?

My Ride

ahah yeah i wasnt a fan of three 3 of blood dude with the gauntlets was def. a little high pitched but the other 3 were sick, i LOVED protest the hero and avenged, and confessions was wicked too. i was trying to get to the front but kept getting pulled back into the mosh pit got some nice bruises this morning from it lol.

and im going to underoath next weekend are you teamfaint? not to mention alexisonfire on the 30th

My Ride

Originally posted by l8braker
    i was upstairs in the atmosphere concert. i heard a7 kicked fuckin' ass though.
    and that they did, they fucked with everyone though at the end, because after the pantera cover, they said goodnight calgary and proceeded to walk off stage, and then like a huge bunch of people left, then like 3 minutes later the death bat got raised up and they played bat country which was fucking stellar

My Ride
    90 jdm ST185 86 ST162

Unfortuantely I won't be able to get up to Calgary for the concert next weekend...can't afford 2 weekends up in Calgary in a row.
    Should be rad though.

Oh yes I'll take a pic of my ticket and what it looks like you'll laugh muchly

My Ride
    1990 300zx LHD ;) 400HP

Originally posted by black_radiation
    OMFG that was him who puked, i almost stepped in it lol i was like EWW somebody hit the booze a little hard before the show lol, but chew will do that to you
    yup that was him probably, stupid little red head kid who thinks he's tough. YOU realyl should have kicked his ass for being stupid...can't stand him

My Ride

ahha well i was too busy trying to stay alive in the mosh pit, there was some fairly intense guys there lol

the show was good, but too long, as in doors opened an hour late.

Second, why did I pay an extra $5 for floor seats at the Corral, then the show gets moved and everyone is floor? F;n Ticketmaster.

3" were awesome, Confession were cheasy ("Burn the Virgin", seriously?), Protest were really good save for pro-pedophile rants and nonsensical segways.

Avenged were not as tight as their last two shows here, but their stage set up was good. The flying bat thing for their encore? WTF? It totally reminded me of that Simpsons with Peter Frampton and his Devil during "Do you feel alive?" It was the cheesiest thing I've ever scene. Total Stonehedge from Spinal Tap!!!

Underoath should be good next weekend, then Rancid in October

My Ride

ahah yeah the bat was kinda ghetto, i found it funny though, who knows maybe a7x was trying to pay a slight homage to frampton? lol i cant wait for underoath and he is legend!

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

i tried to get into underoath but i just can't do it

i wouldn't mind seeing alexisonfire but i've already taken too much time of work lately...sigh

My Ride

yeah its gonna be sick

A7x, atreyu and a few other bands are coming back for taste of chaos in november! which will be sick because A7X will have their new cd released by then

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Originally posted by Grip172
    i tried to get into underoath but i just can't do it

i wouldn't mind seeing alexisonfire but i've already taken too much time of work lately...sigh
    Underoath puts on a wicked show, I've seen them 3 times and was really impressed everytime. If I had the money I'd go.
    If you haven't seen Alexisonfire before you haaaaave to go, I'm going to one of the shows at the end of the month (assuming there are still tickets) and I'll be my 5th time, I'm never anything short of amazed.

For the AX7 show, I was really impressed by everyone except for Protest. I saw them at warped tour and was really impressed, but this show really dissapointed me, if I hadn't heard anything by them before I would have written them off completely glad everyone else liked them though.

The bat country encore and the walk cover were definatly the highlights for me.

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

Originally posted by black_radiation
    yeah its gonna be sick

A7x, ATREYU and a few other bands are coming back for taste of chaos in november! which will be sick because A7X will have their new cd released by then
    OH GOD..THEY WERE SO WICKED LAST YEAR

i'm obsessed with their latest cd "death grip on yesterday" they are the band i went to taste for last year and i'll be goign to see them again this year..woot woot

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Originally posted by Grip172

i'm obsessed with their latest cd "death grip on yesterday" they are the band i went to taste for last year and i'll be goign to see them again this year..woot woot
    The CD was great, but way to short. Everytime I listen to it I feel like I should be putting another disc in after... haha I wouldn't have even minded some filler songs. But it's like 30 min... my old Gob cds were that long