Quantcast
Need some info - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need some info

My Ride
    85 Fiero

Default Need some info, I Don't want to go to Jail

I have a fine for no insurance 2875 (it hurts) and i paid some of it and then got it extended. Then i went to do the same thing a week AFTER my deadline and they told me there was a warrent out for my arrest.
    I called the cop shop and they said if i turn myself in two things can possibly happen.
    1: pay it or go to jail
    2: or they will take me too court and i could possibly get an extention.
    But for every cop i talk to i get either of these answers. Can anyone tell me straight out if it is possible to get it extended again.
    Last edited by 4CylFiero; 04-24-2003 at 10:38 PM.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

the only way you can NOW extend it is by going to court. Because you screwed yourself going past the deadline, the Justice of the Peace down at Rocky Mountain Plaza cant help you out.

on a big dollar fine such as that you you are looking at about 30-45 days in jail.

I know that 350 bucks is good for 15 days Jail time.

My advice...seek council.
    Travel

My Ride
    2004 SRT-4

Go for a free consultation with Points, maybe they can help you out. Just a thought, whats the worst you can lose??? $5.00 for parking???
    Mike~~SRT-4

My Ride
    85 Fiero

Where would i get this free consultation, at the rocky mountian plaza before the courts

My Ride
    85 Fiero

Originally posted by Ben
    the only way you can NOW extend it is by going to court. Because you screwed yourself going past the deadline, the Justice of the Peace down at Rocky Mountain Plaza cant help you out.

on a big dollar fine such as that you you are looking at about 30-45 days in jail.

I know that 350 bucks is good for 15 days Jail time.

My advice...seek council.
    i was told it was 30 days jail time so if i paid 700 could i get off?

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Why were you driving without insurance?

My Ride
    85 Fiero

It is so crappy how it happened, My car was obviously uninsured and come spring all this sh*t falls from the trees and gets sap all over and it is near imposible to get off. So i decided to drive my car FROM THE BACK ALLEY to MY FRONT LAWN and because i was on a city street for a whole ten seconds the cop said i was in the wrong and gave me a ticket. The reason he tailed me is i had no plate on at the time. I just really have bad luck and that is why i don't want to chance avoiding the warrant and keep on driving.

My Ride
    335i

Go to court. The judges will understand. Whats the worst that will happen? He will rule against you, and you have to pay the fine. That is going to happen either way. At least try and get it extended once more. Tell him your a student/young/jobless, whatever.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    85 Fiero

Man I'm all off the above. I just called 266-1234 and the chick i talked to told me to go down town and turn myself in and then they will take me before a JP and he will rule for whatever. I think i will take my chances that way that way at least i might have some say in keeping my sweet virgin a$$

My Ride
    335i

Before you do that, you need to talk to someone who knows his shit. Dialing 266-1234 and accepting advice will get you FUCKED. They are phone operators who dispatch officers, they are NOT legal experts.

I'd wait and talk to points, you have nothing to lose through the consultation. Or better yet, go and speak to the crown prosecutor, and ask him for suggestions. Just make sure you don't get pinched in the courthouse
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Seek council...you will get yourself into deeper shit unless you find out your option with proper help.

My Ride
    85 Fiero

As an update, I had to pay it all. I went downtown and turned myself in and thought maybe i would get brownie points for honesty. NO way i was in a holding cell for 5 hours and some native guy tried to rip out my eyebrow percing. ( I was suppost to take it out but i just got it and it needs time to heal so i chanced it) I couldn't take it so i make a fuc*ing huge debit and put the rest on a credit card. Oh well at least that sh*t is done with.

Moral of this Story there is no point to turning yourself in unless you want to serve the time when it is convient to you.