Quantcast
World Financial? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: World Financial?

My Ride
    has 660 ft. lbs. TQ

Default World Financial?

Has anybody heard of these guys before? reputable?

I had a *presentation* by a friend of a friend, basically about the smith manoeuver, but don't know much about the company. They have a website - but that usually doesn't mean too much.

Most banks now offer the HELOC they refer to, so I'm more inclined to go that way.

Search for them on Beyond or Google.

You will quickly learn that its a big scam.

My Ride
    02 Accord

scam.... I was in it once... fucking junkies...

My Ride
    Axis powers

World FInancial

Altig International

anything under red umbrealla besides Citi Mastercard

those are to name a few bs companies
    Sig nuked by mod.

Default If World Income sounds like this, beware...

If your experience with World Income sounds even remotely similar to my experience with Altig International (A.I.L.), then I'd recommend you be very careful.

I won't go as far as to say that Altig International (American Income Life) is a "scam" but I will say this: Partial truth is not really truth - it's nothing more than a lie in disguise. And these guys only provide you with the partial truth when they hire you.

I was a hiring manager for this company so not only am I familiar with the licencing/selling processes of this company, but I am also familiar with how/why people are hired and what they can expect along the way.

There ARE agents who are successful at Altig International (AIL). But I'm going to be REALLY upfront with you here about what it takes to be successful there. Then you decide for yourself with the whole truth........

The recruiting department of Altig International is nothing more than another sales department. We had quotas as to how many people we had to hire per week because we knew that: of the people we hired, less than half would make it through the licencing process; of the people who got their licence, less than half would get through the training process; of the people who made it through training ... maybe one, MAYBE two of them would be selling insurance with us for maybe the next year. This is not because these people were unintelligent, either. They had a lot of odds against them.......

As I said, I had a weekly hiring quota. Hiring Managers were promised commissions based on how many of our personal new hires made it through the entire process and actually made a sale. Problem was, you only began to earn commissions if you had two or three hires making their first sale at the same time. Well, let's just say, in the several months I was there, I never saw one dollar of commission. Never more than one hire got to their first sale at a time. In fact, most left the company before they even got to that point, or shortly after.

Here's why............

When I hired people, I had a few scripts to follow: one, the script I used to get them in the door; two, the script I used for the first interview, to make them feel important yet still question whether or not I wanted to hire them; three, the script I used during the second interview to convince them this was the opportunity of a lifetime; four, the final script I used in the third interview where I made them feel like they were the "cream of the crop", the "best of the best", and that this opportunity would not be given to just anyone.

Funny thing is, because of my quota, my sole purpose there was to hire as many people as I could - cream of the crop or not. I tried to hire everyone from teenagers working at McDonald's to geologists from other countries who could not get regular work due to immigration laws. I tried to hire everyone and anyone who would take the bait so that I would earn my own commissions (.......commissions I never did see. Did I mention that?).

I was upfront with my potential new hires about the fact that they would be expected to invest in their own licencing (buy their own books, pay for their own exams). I was upfront about the fact that they would be without an income during this licencing process, and during their subsequent training. I was upfront about the fact that it was a 100% commission position and they would not start seeing their first commission cheques until after they made their first sale. I would tell them, "Expect to be without an income for between 4 to 6 weeks. Then expect to start seeing a major income."

So, I was being partially upfront with them, yes. But here's the WHOLE truth that they didn't get upfront:

- VERY FEW people can make it through that licencing program in the 2-3 weeks the hiring managers tell them it takes. This is legitimate, heavy-duty study material. Most people will take twice that long to get through. Some won't pass the exam the first time, and will have to try to take it again (which adds another week onto the licencing process.)

- By this point, these people have been without an income for 6 or more weeks. Their bills are piling up, and the stress of those money struggles are piling up with them. But now that they've passed the licencing exam, they're expected to go without income for ANOTHER 4 weeks while they go through inhouse training with other agents.

- This job requires people to work evenings and weekends. It is not as flexible as hiring managers make it out to be in the initial interviewing process. Once you're licenced, the other agents will drive you to WORK, WORK, WORK, seven days a week. "Pay the price for success!" they'll tell you.

- But you're warn down by now. You're exhausted. You're not seeing much of your family because you're working really hard. You're also (presumably) behind in your bills because you went without an income for a couple of months.......AND, on top of that, all your expenses for this job (travel, gas, hotels, food, pens, paper) is coming out of your own pocket. Yes, all these expenses are tax deductible at the end of the year. But what good is that if you have no disposable income to feed your family during the year?

Here's the whole truth: There ARE people who succeed in this business. I've seen it myself. But those people are few and far between.

If you want to succeed at this, you have to make sure you have some kind of financial buffer to cover your ass while you're going through all this licencing and training. I would recommend that you have at least 5 to 6 months worth of income stashed away to support yourself because, don't kid yourself, that's how much you're going to need to get your business off the ground. (And how many of us have an extra six-month nestegg laying around that we're willing to possibly throw away on a job where a small percentage of the people hired actually stay?)

Another thing you have to be prepared for, if you want to succeed at this job, is that you will be WORKING seven days per week. Altig International (A.I.L.) will guilt you into believing that your job should be you're number one priority. You must give, give, give. You must be willing to "invest in yourself" to succeed. Funny thing is, though, they won't invest anything in you. They won't help to pay for your licencing, or pay you a small salary to get you through the training.

They want you to "invest in yourself" before you've seen tangible results. But they won't "invest in you" until you've shown them tangible results. That's the truth. (I already know how Altig International reps will counter this statement. They'll say, "We invest in our people by providing them with some leads and insurance forms." Well, here's what I say to that: that's not your investment in your people; that's simply your cost of doing business. It's a given that you should provide that to your people.)

Anyway, so, is it worth it? That's your decision. It certainly wasn't worth it for me. I found it all very hypocritical, to be honest with you. I came to a point where I felt sick to my stomach when I hired new people, because I feared I was setting them up for bankruptcy.

I saw MANY very professional, hard-working people leave that company in order to avoid personal bankruptcy. They walked out feeling terrible about themselves, feeling like they'd failed. I want them to know that they were not failures. NONE of them. They were all wonderful people who were not given the whole truth right from the start and then realized, a little too late, that a career with this company was not going to deliver what they had originally expected. They were human.

My mother in law just got hooked into working with WFG, she paid 540.00 to sign me up and now is pressuring me into doing it with her. I don't know what to do.

I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation.

Default Tell Your Mother In Law To Take The Pressure Off

If your mother in law wants to give this career a go, then so be it. Good for her. But it is not fair for her to be pressuring you into it. Why not tell her you're going to wait for a year to see how successful she is at this. Once you see her tangible results, it will give you the fuel and drive you're going to need to start building your own business. It's a tough gig. It's not impossible. But it's tough. Don't kid yourself. Wait and see how her experience goes before you get involved. And, by all means, let her read my replies. I speak from firsthand experience.

WFG FTMFL. Had enough experiences with them to make that decision.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

Default FTMFL?

Pardon my ignorance ... I'm new to texting and internet forums ... but what does "FTMFL" mean?

for the mother fucking loss? thats my guess...

Default Re: FTMFL?

Originally posted by TheWholeTruth
    Pardon my ignorance ... I'm new to texting and internet forums ... but what does "FTMFL" mean?

I have no clue, kids these days....

My Ride
    You Crazy

I went to one of their presentations cause the chick that invited me had a GREAT ass....

but they are a total scam and pyrmaid scheme. They have no intention of helping nayone, they just wanna keep signing people up under them.

Roaches.

And FUCK are they aggressive.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Turn around and run fast in the other direction.

Here's an interesting site for reference...

http://wfg.happycondo.com/

Default All The Same

So, there you have it. Great link. Sounds like World Financial is the same thing as Altig International. Don't bother!

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

RUN as fast as you can.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Default Re: Re: FTMFL?

Originally posted by TheWholeTruth

Originally posted by bigboom
    for the mother fucking loss? thats my guess...

Originally posted by QuasarCav

I have no clue, kids these days....
    did you just call me a kid?
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

World financial group, Altig group, Excel Communication's......are all pretty much the same. Very few will make it big, yet they all try to sell to you that if you join with them you will be set for life.

Not too mention the fact if you wanna make money you have to piss off and hound everyone in your personal life just to get them to sign up.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

think about it - if it sounds too good to be true...

fucking maggots, they got a brief discussion with me before i told them to fuck off

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

its a well known scam. its huge in america..tons of american idiots fall for it everyday, i had two "agents" try to recruit me...they said i asked too many questions and decided not to continue LOL

My Ride
    has 660 ft. lbs. TQ

Thanks for confirming my suspicions...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast