Quantcast
Cornering question... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Cornering question...

My Ride
    Rx7

Default Cornering question...

How many of you guys get off your seat and lean into the corners while riding on the street? Ive noticed almost no one does it...

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

you mean put a knee down?

My Ride
    Rx7

I think anyone who knee drags on the street is crazy. Ive noticed I can corner and transition much faster just moving off the seat and hanging off the bike a little. I dont see hardly anyone else doing it? Almost everyone I see just sits square on the seat like theyre going in a straight line. Seems really slow to me...

My Ride
    2005 F350

personally, i don't think i need it on the streets unless i'm out ripping up the highways. if you see me in the city, i will very rarely change body positioning just because its not worth the effort.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Although I will take a little weight off the seat and onto the pegs when heading into a corner, doing a halfway hang off the bike at reasonable speed seems a bit squidly. But hey, if it makes you feel more comfortable in the curve...
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

Originally posted by drox
    I think anyone who knee drags on the street is crazy. Ive noticed I can corner and transition much faster just moving off the seat and hanging off the bike a little. I dont see hardly anyone else doing it? Almost everyone I see just sits square on the seat like theyre going in a straight line. Seems really slow to me...
    Do it.

Dont practice bad habits, sitting like a stick

Well depend on the corner..If it to sharp i have to move my azzzz

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I shift a bit, don't see much need on the streets, I get pretty low on a few corners....no knee dragging though, I don't wear leather pants when riding casual
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

what kind of turns we talking left turning in a playground zone going 30?

most street riding doesn't really require it... i kind of put some emphasis on the pegs... and if it's rainy or my tires are cold in the morning or late at night in the fall i'll hang a bit just to increase the size of my contact patch that's on the road.

Other then that i usually don't hang very much unless it's a nice turn or something or your trying to catch a left signal or like a nice right hander.