Quantcast
Flour Daniels or Colt Engineering - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flour Daniels or Colt Engineering

I am a 2nd year student in Engineering design and drafting at sait, I wouder How can I get a part-time job(relate to my school) when I am in school.
    Any advice?? thanks

^chefc, are you registered on dc5ab.com?
    Last edited by nj2Type-S; 09-25-2006 at 12:28 PM.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by no_joke
    Make sure that on your cover letter you write, "Fluor Daniel."

No, put FLUOR.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Random cars

Originally posted by cynik
    I work in the engineering consulting industry, and have heard that both Fluor and Colt are decent companies to work for. Someone mentioned that smaller companies are better to work for, which is true in my opinion. If you work hard and learn quickly a smaller firm is more likely to move you up quickly, whereas larger firms tend to rely much more on formulas that include years of experience, etc. for promotions.
    What company is it that you work for?

Originally posted by cynik At any rate, steer clear of Stantec. I haven't ever heard a single positive thing about that place from people that have worked there, and I know quite a few people that have been through the Stantec mill. [/B]
    I've been with Stantec for close to 10 years. What discipline? I hear varyig opinions based on field of work etc.

i didn't register for dc5ab.com yet

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Sienna XLE

I just went to Flour yesterday cause they had a job fair there, it was quite crowded, alot of Uni and SAIT students. My parents are engineers, my mom has been working for Fluor ever since I can remember, she was able to work over at Houston office as well and says that it was a pretty rewarding experience. It's definetely a decent company to work for
    Last edited by Sprinter; 09-28-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life... everday we live, hard its a strife... good thing right now I don't have a wife

As Kanye say, nothings ever promised tommorow today

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Sprinter
    I just went to Flour yesterday cause they had a job fair there, it was quite crowded, alot of Uni and SAIT students. My parents are engineers, my mom has been working for Fluor ever since I can remember, she was able to work over at Houston office as well and says that it was a pretty rewarding experience. It's definetely a decent company to work for
    I heard that it was targetted at people that have been in the industry for awhile, 5, 10, 15 years plus experience. They were also at the career fair at the U of C
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

I got a sweet Fluor led flashlight! Nothing cool from Colt so boo them.

Originally posted by Sprinter
    I just went to Flour yesterday cause they had a job fair there, it was quite crowded, alot of Uni and SAIT students.
    That reminds me of the Oil & Gas Expo earlier this year. The first day was wicked, you could go chat it up with HR honeys from all the big companies. Then once they mentioned the show on the news that night, the 2nd and 3rd days were a gong show. Impossible to get parking and the career booths devolved into a sea of immigrants fresh off the boat waving around resumes screaming "YOU GIVE ME JOB! BIG MONEY!!," at the HR people. Their eyes just glazed over and they just said "apply to the website" "apply to the website". You could have asked them if they would like $1 million cash and they'd say "apply to the website"!!!

My Ride
    85 Fiero

I work at FLuor and i think i put Fluor on my resume :P, I work in electrical, it not too bad although I do do the same thing all the time for the last 2 months, i feel under used however i have lots of free time due to being organized and getting my stuff done quickly, I got hired 4 months prior to graduating from SAIT. There are many benefits of working for this company,

1) They use industry standard programs you get lots of training
    2) They have multiple company functions where you get food and booze
    3) I seriously purchase lunch about 2 times a week they have these lunch and learns where vendors tell you things and you get to chow down.
    4) good people to learn and work with.
    5) I've been told the technologist/engineer gap is usually results in mistreatment however it is fairly good here.
    6) The pay is decent

The worst thing is no recongnition for the things you do. everything goes unnoticed, then again im on a 2 year 800 mIllion dollar project.

NUFY where do you work, I want into PLC very badly.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by 4CylFiero
    I work at FLuor and i think i put Fluor on my resume :P, I work
    I used to see your car when i was in Sundance 1... do you have everything painted now?

I work at FLuor and i think i put Fluor on my resume :P, I work in electrical, it not too bad although I do do the same thing all the time for the last 2 months, i feel under used however i have lots of free time due to being organized and getting my stuff done quickly, I got hired 4 months prior to graduating from SAIT. There are many benefits of working for this company,

3) I seriously purchase lunch about 2 times a week they have these lunch and learns where vendors tell you things and you get to chow down.
    5) I've been told the technologist/engineer gap is usually results in mistreatment however it is fairly good here.
    6) The pay is decent

The worst thing is no recongnition for the things you do. everything goes unnoticed, then again im on a 2 year 800 mIllion dollar project.

I work for Cimarron Engineering.

We are in a middle of a short slow spell but may be loking for elec designers / programmers ina a short while.

I am moving into a supervisor / Lead hand position shirtly and we will be looking for another Elec person.

Here you will be involved in all aspects of the project.

Elect Design, Specifications, Programming testing and comissioning.

You basically see the project through from start to finish.

PM me a resume and I'll forward it on.

I can't guarantee anything right now but shortly you never know....

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

6) The pay is decent

i can vouche, 4cylfiero is a good programmer

Originally posted by Nufy

I work for Cimarron Engineering.

We are in a middle of a short slow spell but may be loking for elec designers / programmers ina a short while.

I am moving into a supervisor / Lead hand position shirtly and we will be looking for another Elec person.

Here you will be involved in all aspects of the project.

Elect Design, Specifications, Programming testing and comissioning.

You basically see the project through from start to finish.

PM me a resume and I'll forward it on.

I can't guarantee anything right now but shortly you never know....

nice, do you guys offer summer jobs or co-op training for U students?
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    85 Fiero

Originally posted by Seanith

I used to see your car when i was in Sundance 1... do you have everything painted now?

LOL hell no it's only going to get worse before it gets better, Im focusing on putting my turbo on it before paint. What do you drive there is some damn nice cars in the parking lot i feel faily ghetto, but my roots are NE so no problem.

Although it great i have a co worker who has a ex police car caprice and he was completely shocked at how hard my car pulls compared to his.

My Ride
    85 Fiero

Jordan don't you have classes get back to work you lazy shi*.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2