Quantcast
THE CAR SALON. TINT :( Shity job and service. And now they want more$$ to fix (PICS) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: THE CAR SALON. TINT :( Shity job and service. And now they want more$$ to fix (PICS)

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Default THE CAR SALON. TINT :( Resolved 5 days after this post. (PICS)

ok so here is my storey.

I went to the Car Salon to have my 2004 Golf tinted with gradient tint.

First time the job looked great except a few problems.
    Was told that if I still have bubbles and stuff to bring the car back in a few weeks.
    So yesterday I bring my car back. almost 3 weeks after the install.
    still had bubbles and 1 rear side window and the rear window was replaced. It was cut short.
    I went there in the middle of the day to see the progress. and to my amazement it was complete, was told I could pick it up.

When I went out to see my car...
    Same problems as the first installation. some Folds in the tint and bubbles. I asked the installer to fix a couple of problems cause I was not happy with the way it looked.(I did not ask the guy to replace the tint a 3rd time but that’s what he did.

and now I show you the pictures of the finial install.
    total bill
    7 windows - $399.00 + Tax
    Eyebrow - 40$ + Tax. < I got free
    and headlight Eyebrow $25 each light + Tax for a 3" strip of vinyl. And these were free the first time due to cuts and rips in there finial install. But they left it and did not charge me.

I paid $424.00 inc gst for the work. MISTAKE NOW CHANGED was $16.00 off

you tell me if you would be happy with the end results?

Also I got a little upset with the employees there telling me that my perception of the tint is what was wrong and that every roll of tint is different and that I should be happy with the job because they replaced the rear window 3 times already.
    Now that’s great but how many times do I have to pay for them to do it right.
    $440 seems great for a quality job.
    here you go pics for you

And now they want an additional $50 for them to fix the problems after much swearing and being swore at.

Pic of the eyebrows

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Side of the car * Notice the differance between the small rear window and the larger rear window

click for larger version

Rear Shot. **Notice anything wrong here?
    Rear - so the left side of the rear window from grad is 3" from bottom
    Right side is 6 1/2" from bottom

click for larger version

and the only side that looks good. Straight line with the tint and no problems. does any of the other sides look like this one?

click for larger version

End RANT..
    Last edited by SinisterProbeGt; 10-05-2006 at 10:43 AM.

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Does the installer have one leg thats shorter?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

wow the last pic of the passenger side is the only one that turned out. the rear is just sadly dropping to one side....and wtf is up with the driver side, its like an oil painting

ermmm thats horrible..... is there anything else you can do though?

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

like what?
    I am looking them up on the BBB
    I cant do much till at least tuesday when I bring the car back. at this point I just want it fixed. I bet this post might change there mind I hope.

Here is there warranty
    http://www.thecarsalon.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=828

WARRANTY

Remote Starters / Alarms:
    Lifetime on labor with your original receipt. Manufacturer's on unit.

Automotive window film:
    Standard film: 3 years on install & product.

High Performance Metal film:
    Lifetime on install & product.

Mobile Electronics:
    Lifetime warranty on install & manufacturer's warranty on unit.

Accessories:
    90 days on install & manufacturer's warranty on product.

Rust Check:
    Lifetime on qualified vehicles Manufactures warranty.

ATV / Bikes:
    Manufacturer's warranty.

**Please Note: Any product that is sold over the counter is covered by the manufacturer's warranty unless it is determined that the product is defective due to improper use or installation.
    Last edited by SinisterProbeGt; 09-21-2006 at 10:46 AM.

That's a shit job, sorry man. I feel your pain, Trimline f'd-up my car, admitted to it, and then wouldn't take responsibility for it and repair the damages.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of cars with gradient tint done poorly? I see them all the time, the gradients never line up, or the side windows will be OK, but the back window will be totally buggered.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

that sucks... i had my tint done at car salon with no problems, but i don't have gradient... that is some shitty work... especially the rear window.

My Ride
    02 Accord

That back end is HORRIBLE! I wouldnt have paid.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Arn't they a sponser on here?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Originally posted by ?????
    Arn't they a sponser on here?
    HAHA they sure are and when mentioned they told me to Fu*k off and it wont matter 1 bit.

I asked the guy if he would be happy with it and was told every roll of tinit is differant and my perception of the grad is off.??
    Last edited by SinisterProbeGt; 09-21-2006 at 11:04 AM.

My Ride
    broken POS

HOLY WTF
    car salon for the lose

i got my tint done at some noname place soem tint shop they did a perfect job.. removed the windows and slapped the tint on put the windows back... no bubbles no nothing hehe
    but then again no gradiant like yours... so i don't know
    but seriously.. that back window.. wtf they should have put it on looked at it and took it off right away and replaced that shiit no freaking joke.. those guys must be drunk to leave that on....
    thats like giving your car back after a tire rotation
    with one wheel missing and giving you the car... what the FUT?

My Ride
    03EP3, 97 Laredo, Soon GEE TERTY FIVE

haha that looks like shit man, i wouldnt even be caught driving off with an installation like that, you pay after dont you?.. and they gave you your keys didnt they?.. leave dumby

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

that rear window picture looks...terrible...

theres no way they can let that out of their store and call it a "finished" product...

but the one problem u said about the rear side window, between the larger and smaller parts of the rear door...thats not TOO bad, i mean its a lil off but nothing htat a regular person would notice, but that tint on the back is just plain messy

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

I paid almost a month ago. went back to get problems fixed and this is what i got.
    so what I could of just left the car there but was told to talk to the mgr today.
    I talked to Kevin this morning and according to him his employees never lie to him.
    and I was unreasonable with his guys and rude.
    Would you not be?
    he told me that they cant fix till tuesday so I will wait till then and bring in my car with $50.00 in hand and see what happens.

My Ride

It honestly looks like you did your tint with one of those do it yourself kits you can get from Canadian Tire.

What I would do first is go somewhere else and get a free quote of how much it would cost to fix, and while your there at least get another professional to tell you what they think of the job. Bring that quote back with you to the Car Salon, with you to prove your not just being a picky customer.

Tell them they did not do the job up to professional standards and they should either remove the tint and give your money back, or do it right. Don't even considering paying more to fix errors they made.

If they wont budge, go to BBB, file a complaint, and while your waiting on that , slander the hell out of them over beyond and anywhere else you can. If they dont give a shit about being a sponser on beyond and ripping off customers with shoddy work, maybe beyond should let them know what word of mouth can do to a business.

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Amen to that ^^
    I am really hoping that the Beyond coummity here can flex some forum muscle and get them to fix it.
    I called Platinum AutoDetailing (beyond specials)
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...highlight=tint
    and directed him to this post. and He is singing the same tune as everyone else. they would not of let this car out of there shop looking like that.
    but $85 from Platinum and they will fix it if the Car Salon will not stand up and warranty there craftmanship.

My Ride
    changes every year

that is really terrible. i was a tinter for 3 years with Icon Window Tinting and if that would have ever happened there, and back 3 times?? fired right there. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. thats what all business is about. if thats the way they want to run a business, kick the shit out of them on Beyond then theyll see what business ethics really are.

My Ride
    broken POS

i wouldn't even bring it back with 50 bucks.
    screw that crap
    i'll direct all my friends to this post so they know about it

just make them remove it and give you back your money get it done somewhere else.

it just makes me mad that they would let you take your car like that...
    and if they even do fix it. wtf? "professionals" like that.. still getting the money in the end screw that crap
    LOL thats like going to a place that fucks up your car and you go back there again...

*EDIT*

beyond made lude girl go away...
    LOL... i wonder what this outcome will be

My Ride
    02 Accord

Thats terrible man... I really feel for you, and like someone else mentioned above, DO NOT pay them anymore for their fuck up. If they cant hire competant workers, its not your problem. I actually cant believe your even having to go through with this. $440 is enough for tint... This should be real simple. You shouldn't be placing yourself on the defence. Walk in there and give him two options. A: he can remove the tint and do it again. If they can't do it right, he'll do it again, and again until your happy. If not, B: remove the tint -minus your out of pocket expenses and inconviance, refund your money and take your business to some other place... See and ppl think I'm an asshole, but this is business. Your not happy, and hes putting you on the defence, tell him to fuck off. I went to Shadow Tinting and had a perfect job done for $300, first time. And I have matalic tint. let us know bro. I know I wont be taking my business to em, ever.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Call the better business buro. That place is sweet. They will give car salon such a bad review, no one will go there.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast