Quantcast
Elite Mega Mass & Whey Protien Help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Elite Mega Mass & Whey Protien Help

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Question Elite Mega Mass & Whey Protien Help

So my bro stopped taking this stuff and gave it to me in case I wanted to see if I could use it.

Its a huge tub of GNC Elite Mega Mass (about 2.5kg left) and some no name brand Whey Protien.

I'm new to the game and any help would be appriciated, a did a search on mass gain and did find some stuff about this.

Basically, I want to know if 1) can take em both .... do i need to leave a gap or can i slam em both after eachother.

and 2) whens the best time to take these....I just startred up Ice hockey and thats a workout on its own i swear....should i take it before or after hockey/workout

Any help is helpful!

EDIT* Not sure if this will help...5'9 150lbs....wanting to get up to 175 in a realsitic time .... but i am a hard gainer

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

...anyone?

My Ride
    '09 STi

Tell us the protein and calorie value of both.

Take either before your game and after your game. No need to take both at the same time.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Heres a question (dont wanna hijack your thread)

What is the recommended intake of protein per day for body building. I have been told 1g for every 1lb of body weight. So that means if I weigh 225lbs I have to take 225g of protein?...thats insane. On my current protein supplement that would mean approximatley 6-7 scoops a day, that seems an awful lot. Anyone have any input?

My Ride
    2006 Ninja 500R

i read the same thing in a few books. 1g for every lb. but you have to consider all other sources of protein in a day. eggs, milk, meat, etc... I was taking mega mass and took 2 shakes a day(50g of protein each), and i gained a fair bit of weight. Gata keep working out tho because it has lots of calories. Always try to take protein after a workout, thats when ur muscled need it the most. A trainer friend of mine recommended this book, Mens Health: Book of muscles(I think thats the title, lent it to my buddy). its a brown book i picked up from chapters. great book!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

What is the recommended intake of protein per day for body building. I have been told 1g for every 1lb of body weight. So that means if I weigh 225lbs I have to take 225g of protein?...thats insane. On my current protein supplement that would mean approximatley 6-7 scoops a day, that seems an awful lot. Anyone have any input?
    1.5G of protein per body lb actually. And thats not JUST from scoops its from all food.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

ye as bushy and darkane said, dont expect to get all your protein intake just from your shakes, you know you have to eat to. and ye i heard 1.5-2 grams per body lbs. a good tip is to buy some protein bars, this one i tried once has 30g in 1 bar. also, i heard sucking on peanut butter is good too, but i dont really know how healthy that is, i know peanut butter is good for protein and stuff, but is it good to take a lot? seems pretty fatty. ye the heavier you are, the harder the work and more you gotta eat.
    Mercs