Quantcast
Car Batteries - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Car Batteries

Default Car Batteries

Battery in my IS is toast. Dealership wants $128 for a OEM batt but I've heard the OEM Lexus batt's are weak.

Ideas on a brand and where i can go to get it? Opinions are appriecated thanks. Heard Sears Die Hards are excellent.

My Ride
    335i

Walmart has the cheapest batteries around. Find what your OEM CCA is and go to Walmart and get something with more juice than that. It'll help you get through the winter without problems. I bought a cheap eveready from there and it gave me zero problems for 5 years (and then I sold the car so it may still be going strong).
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Yup, I've bought 2 batteries from Wal-Mart too. Warranty is really good there and price can't be beat.

So the walmart eveready's are pretty good? is it true the lexus ones are weak? I just want one that will fit right with enough cca. thanks so far guys.

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    So the walmart eveready's are pretty good? is it true the lexus ones are weak? I just want one that will fit right with enough cca. thanks so far guys.
    The one in my Toyota made by Delphi was very weak. With a whopping 310CCA, it struggled to start my little 1.8L I4 during the winter.

In your Lexus, I would hope it's spec'ed higher. Take a look at your battery and observe the ratings, CCA, CA, RC and try to find a replacement that exceed the OEM specs....which should be easy to doa as OEM is usually low.

As for me, I have upgraded to a 640CCA Costco Kirkland battery which apparently is made by Johnson Controls....the same manufacturer as the Wallmart Energizer brand. I bought mine for around $53 (Group Size 35), where the same battery in Energizer Wallmart was around $80. Easy choice to make

i checked the info on the oem batt. 625 cca and 120 rc. the sears die hard gold i looked into is 690 cca and 110 rc but is $30 cheaper than through the dealership. how do i know the group and what does it mean? the dude at kal-tire told me the one he has for my car is an exact fit.....i'm just really hoping the fit is the same and that it's maintenance free maybe with the little eyeball thingy hehe.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    i checked the info on the oem batt. 625 cca and 120 rc.
    That's ok. Next time you're at the parts counter, ask them for the Heavy Duty version...(if there is one.)

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Walmart carries Optima Batteries
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    02 Subie Impreza OBS

WalMart only carries the Optima Red Top. Good price. Costco carries the Optima Yellow Top! Also a really good deal there. I run the Yellow Top in my car... starts the car without any problems and no plug-in overnight in Alberta winters! Highly recommended.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by SubyNinja
    WalMart only carries the Optima Red Top. Good price. Costco carries the Optima Yellow Top! Also a really good deal there. I run the Yellow Top in my car... starts the car without any problems and no plug-in overnight in Alberta winters! Highly recommended.
    No point running a Yellowtop unless you insist on pounding your stereo with the engine off for 30 minutes at a time.

The Redtop has higher CCAs!

My Ride
    02 Subie Impreza OBS

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    No point running a Yellowtop unless you insist on pounding your stereo with the engine off for 30 minutes at a time.

The Redtop has higher CCAs!
    Definately! Depends on what you're intended use for the battery. If you just want a good reliable battery for starting your car, Red top is the way to go... I have respectable sized mobile entertainment in my car which is why I have the Yellow top. thanks for pointing that out, GTS Jeff!

costco!