Quantcast
Royal Purple - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Royal Purple

My Ride
    1991 nissan silvia

Default Royal Purple

Royal purple i think it is the best oil you can get what do you think.
    YES I CAN

I've used it for a few oil changes. I use Mobil1 now with an additive on top of that. I got over the purple colouring. It was cool for a while.

So why do you think it's the best oil you can get?

My Ride
    1991 nissan silvia

It increases hp
    and i can not get past the purple .
    YES I CAN

My Ride
    a bunch of old wedges

motul is the pimp shit..if its good enough for gt500 jgtc cars and it smells that great its good enough for me!

My Ride
    FD3S

I dont care what anyone says, you can spend money on fancy oils like royal purple ect, but mobil 1 is the best for sure its been proven, and any half decent knowledegable mechanic will tell you the same. And no oil doesnt increase horse power

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

Originally posted by Honda_002
    And no oil doesnt increase horse power

Using a better oil (whichever brand) makes for less friction, which makes for less heat which will give you more horsepower, although it wouldnt be noticable gains

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Mobil 1, no question about it.
    Royal purple, amsoil etc. are also good but despite their price still do not perform as well as Mobil 1.

Mobil 1 is what Audi reccomends, it comes from the factory in all Porsches and all Mercedes AMG product. That is good enough for me.

Originally posted by Honda_002
    but mobil 1 is the best for sure its been proven, and any half decent knowledegable mechanic will tell you the same.
    http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/s.../oil-life.html

That is one study that "proves" that amsoil out performs mobil 1.

My opion is that it is mostly all personal preference and experiences. As long as the oil meets the manufacturers specs and grade then it should perform as well as any and a synthetic is better than a conventional oil. I have never noticed any differences in oil performance between brands of oil, every brand has tests that prove them to be the best.

Just my opinion.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

alright, i am a total newbie when it comes to this cause normally i just bring it to a shop

so do you guys use mobil 1 for tranny fluid???

Alot of people like redline fluids for trannys.

With oil, I don't really think any of the top end synthetics are significantly better than one another in general, but some are better for some specific cars, like 0W40 mobil 1 for alot of german cars. I believe BMW uses castrol synthetic from the factory though.

My Ride
    Jeep WJ

Motul is the best look at JGTC. But is expensive. Mobil is good for the money. Royal purple is shit. Its detegents and additives dont mix well with other oils, and can cause big time sludge. Dont mix brands often.

As for it making horsepower that is false. Oil cannot make power. The only way to make power is to add more air, or fuel thats it. It can keep you from loosing power. Running a lighter weight oil will do that.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

ahh thanks i think i had redline and royal purple mixed up

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Originally posted by dave5473

http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/s.../oil-life.html

That is one study that "proves" that amsoil out performs mobil 1.

My opion is that it is mostly all personal preference and experiences. As long as the oil meets the manufacturers specs and grade then it should perform as well as any and a synthetic is better than a conventional oil. I have never noticed any differences in oil performance between brands of oil, every brand has tests that prove them to be the best.

Just my opinion.
    Key point being amsoil is not warranty covered!
    We did a lab on motor oils at school and my results found mobil 1 to be slightly better than amsoil and purple in terms of cloud point, solid point, flash piont and smoke point.
    I doubt it would really make a huge difference though as those were all at extrememes...but for the price difference Mobil 1 is the most affordable.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

vegatable oil is what i use!
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    97 Dodge Ram

OMG...you need to add oil???

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
    alright, i am a total newbie when it comes to this cause normally i just bring it to a shop

My lude had some tranny issues, tossed in some gm syncromesh and cured it perfectly.

As for oil, I use to use mobil, recently went to royal purple...mainly because for me its way cheaper then mobil. Think my cost ended up being 30.50 for 6L of it...

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

Never use motor oil for tranny oil... Tranny oil is around 75w-30?? around there anyhow...and also a note that gm sycromesh is showen to improve and fix minor problems like synco grindage...but it also is bad in the same part because its basically synthetic oil...its harder on the tranny. But gm sycromesh worked dreams for me...well sorta the grindage left as soon as i changed the factory oil .

Originally posted by wheelz
    Motul is the best look at JGTC. But is expensive. Mobil is good for the money. Royal purple is shit. Its detegents and additives dont mix well with other oils, and can cause big time sludge. Dont mix brands often.

As for it making horsepower that is false. Oil cannot make power. The only way to make power is to add more air, or fuel thats it. It can keep you from loosing power. Running a lighter weight oil will do that.
    It can't make power, but it can free up existing power that was until then untapped. It would likely be so insignificant that you would need a dyno to see the changes though, nothing you could feel.

My Ride
    Porsche 911 Cab

Originally posted by Milk2%

Never use motor oil for tranny oil... Tranny oil is around 75w-30?? around there anyhow...and also a note that gm sycromesh is showen to improve and fix minor problems like synco grindage...but it also is bad in the same part because its basically synthetic oil...its harder on the tranny. But gm sycromesh worked dreams for me...well sorta the grindage left as soon as i changed the factory oil .

Some manual trans do use motor oil for the gear box.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast