Quantcast
Playground Zones Start at 8:30 AM - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Playground Zones Start at 8:30 AM

My Ride
    2008 Impreza WRX

Originally posted by QuasarCav

Going 30 in a 50 zone is the same as going 70, you are not paying attention to the proper speed limit.
    I suggest you go find a dictionary and look up the word 'maximum', then try that again.

Regardless, you all would be a lot happier I think if you would stop getting so worked up about little shit like having to slow down for a few blocks

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    man by my house i drive by tom baines around 720 every morning. school doesnt start till 8. most of the teachers arent even there yet (the parking lot is virtually empty) but yet EVERY SINGLE DAY ppl are driving 30. there is not a kid in sight for a 6 block radius.
    and then you go down the hill more to a playground zone. STILL going 30. like wth there are no kids anywhere! pleeease ppl wake up a bit drink some coffee and at LEAST go speed limit.

and you know what thats the road i drive every morning also and i see the same 18 year old female running up the hill and adults waiting at bus stops nothing else no kids...oh sorry i did see kids in their parents arms getting dropped off at day care.....
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

My Ride
    FG Civic

Originally posted by adam c
    i have to drive through 1 or 2, depending on which way i travel in the morning and it doesnt matter if its 7:40 am or 4:30 pm.. no matter what people drive 30 down every fucking street.. sometimes they give it a little gas and we end up going 40 in the 50 zone, and by my office. its a 60 zone.. but what the fuck lets drive 40 down the street anyways

i mean come on.. it takes me 30 minutes to drive less then 10 km in the morning cause people just wont fucking drive

Similar situation. Its a big piss off.

i have to drive through 1 or 2, depending on which way i travel in the morning and it doesnt matter if its 7:40 am or 4:30 pm.. no matter what people drive 30 down every fucking street.. sometimes they give it a little gas and we end up going 40 in the 50 zone, and by my office. its a 60 zone.. but what the fuck lets drive 40 down the street anyways

i mean come on.. it takes me 30 minutes to drive less then 10 km in the morning cause people just wont fucking drive
    do the math, that's less than 5 km/h. It's not the 30 km/h people that are slowing you down to 5km/h.

I think the problem here is that it's just very annoying to do 30km when it's not at all nesessary. The same as when someone cuts you off, or doesn't wave when you go out of your way to let someone in.

I always drive 30 through a school zone because a good habit.

I always drive 30 in my neighborhood because I firmly beleive that you don't rod around in your own neighborhood. Show some respect for you neighbors, and their children.

My Ride
    FG Civic

Originally posted by Watcher

I always drive 30 in my neighborhood because I firmly beleive that you don't rod around in your own neighborhood. Show some respect for you neighbors, and their children.
    You always sit home alone on a friday nights too i assume.

People who drive thirty all the time in their neighborhood because its "good habit" either has no education or have down syndrome.

Originally posted by ogpog

You always sit home alone on a friday nights too i assume.

People who drive thirty all the time in their neighborhood because its "good habit" either has no education or have down syndrome.
    Have you seen how narrow they are building the roads in new neighborhoods?

My Ride
    2000 Jetta

Speed depends on the road itself. There are plenty of residential roads that the limit of 50 is fine on - Driving 30 on these roads is just idiotic and pisses people off.

There are also roads that have cars parked on both sides with barely enough room for 2 cars to fit through AND kids playing on the front lawns/sidewalks - This is where you drive slow because if any kid jumps onto the road from inbetween 2 cars, chances are you won't be able to stop in time.

Summary: Use your brain.
    Driving 30 in a road that is suitable to drive 50 on is stupid. Just like driving 50 on a road that is only suitable to be travelling at 30kph is stupid.

My Ride
    BlackN16's

I don't see the problem in slowing down to make a safer world for children.

My Ride
    BlackN16's

Originally posted by forkdork
    Speed depends on the road itself. There are plenty of residential roads that the limit of 50 is fine on - Driving 30 on these roads is just idiotic and pisses people off.

There are also roads that have cars parked on both sides with barely enough room for 2 cars to fit through AND kids playing on the front lawns/sidewalks - This is where you drive slow because if any kid jumps onto the road from inbetween 2 cars, chances are you won't be able to stop in time.

Summary: Use your brain.
    Driving 30 in a road that is suitable to drive 50 on is stupid. Just like driving 50 on a road that is only suitable to be travelling at 30kph is stupid.
    Sorry for double post.. but YES!!!

Thats 100% what I've been trying to say.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

do the math, that's less than 5 km/h.
    really?

I agree it sucks when people drive under the speed limit, but at least if they do it in a playground zone, even if it is a bit early, they have a good reason! What really gets me is people who drive under the speed limit on perfectly normal roads, for example the other day I got stuck behind TWO people driving 45km/hr down 90th (limit is 60) side by side!!! I mean come on, at least let me and the 10 other cars stuck behind pass!!! Thats what really gets me.

Originally posted by nadroj23

and you know what thats the road i drive every morning also and i see the same 18 year old female running up the hill and adults waiting at bus stops nothing else no kids...oh sorry i did see kids in their parents arms getting dropped off at day care.....
    ive seen like 5 kids been drop off at that day care...and they are on the OTHER side of the road. going the opposite direction.
    im pretty sure the 18yr old female is not dumb enough to run in front of a car.
    and im sure adults waiting at the bus stops arent gonna run onto the street because their skateboard flew into the middle of the road while trying to do a kickflip.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Plus , you might hit ogpog riding around on his trike...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

Originally posted by fast95pony

But its OK,

He'll have a helmet on,,,

and elbow pads,,,

and knee pads,,,

and training wheels,,,

Originally posted by fast95pony

I've seen that trike before! he comes whizzing past my house at 50 km/h. He's not breaking the law, but its kinda a blind corner, and there's lots of kids playing on their front lawns.

My Ride
    Axis powers

do the math, that's less than 5 km/h. It's not the 30 km/h people that are slowing you down to 5km/h.
    no u have to do the math, if im driving at 5 km/h and it takes me 30 minutes to get to work, i would only drive 2.5km..

i drive an average of 30km/h so divide that by 2 and u get 15km, but u have to account for stop signs and traffic lights which accounts for 5 minutes.. so there u go 30 minutes for 10 km
    Sig nuked by mod.

no u have to do the math, if im driving at 5 km/h and it takes me 30 minutes to get to work, i would only drive 2.5km..

i drive an average of 30km/h so divide that by 2 and u get 15km, but u have to account for stop signs and traffic lights which accounts for 5 minutes.. so there u go 30 minutes for 10 km
    LOL I'm not doing the same math as you.

Lets me rephrase what you are saying: You are saying that it takes 30 minutes to go 10 km. and you accounting for 5 minutes worth of stop signs and traffic lights.......

average speed(kmh) = distance(km) x minutes in motion / 60

10 x 25/60 = 4.1116 kmh

Therefore, Adamc, at an average speed of 4.1116 kmh, you must be the guy that pisses off the 30kmh crowd.

My Ride
    FG Civic

lol, I dont know where me and the trike come in, but oh why not hah

LOL I'm not doing the same math as you.

Lets me rephrase what you are saying: You are saying that it takes 30 minutes to go 10 km. and you accounting for 5 minutes worth of stop signs and traffic lights.......

average speed(kmh) = distance(km) x minutes in motion / 60

10 x 25/60 = 4.1116 kmh

Therefore, Adamc, at an average speed of 4.1116 kmh, you must be the guy that pisses off the 30kmh crowd.

Good ol' Beyond.ca, where a thread about playground slowies causes the calculator to come out.

Oh and 20 under and 20 over have something in common. A 20km/hr difference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast