Quantcast
Playground Zones Start at 8:30 AM - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Playground Zones Start at 8:30 AM

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Default Playground Zones Start at 8:30 AM

Public Service Announcement to all the douchebags who slow down at 7:45 am, think they are following the law, then glare at me when I drive by.

That is all.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

I couldn't agree more.... Although some people are idiots about this. On my way to school the other day the idiot 2 cars in front of me was doing this, so the dumbass in front of me thought it was a great idea to swerve into the oncoming traffic to pass her, IMO thats just retarded
    Last edited by Hash_man; 09-28-2006 at 09:03 AM.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

some school, and play ground Zones are in effect from sun rise to one hour after sunset, call me what ever, but when is it a bad Idea to look out for the saftey of children?

My Ride
    FG Civic

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
    some school, and play ground Zones are in effect from sun rise to one hour after sunset, call me what ever, but when is it a bad Idea to look out for the saftey of children?
    }

Rules are there for a reason. They create some kind of consistancy in all of our driving habits. Without this key feature, we end up getting drivers who drive 30 all the time not only because they dont actually know the law, but because "oh its just a good thing for the children". Im so sick of that being used to cover up ignorance. Maybe our children should be learning that big fuckin vehicles do lots of damage to little bodies, so stay clear, and learn how to use crosswalks.

Drive the speed specified at the time you are driving. Less confusion equals less accidents, and less pissed off drivers.

You should check those facts. School zones are school zones, and they are all in effect from 8am to 5pm. Playground zones are playground zones and are in effect from 8:30am to 1 hr past sunset.

If you were meant to drive slowly 24 hrs in those zones, they'd be posted as such.

My Ride

Originally posted by ogpog
    }

Rules are there for a reason. They create some kind of consistency in all of our driving habits. Without this key feature, we end up getting drivers who drive 30 all the time not only because they don't actually know the law, but because "oh its just a good thing for the children". I'm so sick of that being used to cover up ignorance. Maybe our children should be learning that big fucking vehicles do lots of damage to little bodies, so stay clear, and learn how to use crosswalks.

Drive the speed specified at the time you are driving. Less confusion equals less accidents, and less pissed off drivers.
    Is that really a cover up for Ignorance? Kids are labelled as such because they do not have the menatality to comprehend and act responsibly, they are taught to be responsible individuals, which later on in life some do apply to thier lives.
    I can't count how many times I have passed by a play ground or school zone and have had a ball shoot out into the street only to have little Johny chasing behind it.

The fact of this matter is that school and playground zones are designated as "Protected Areas" in which the driver must pay due attention regardless of the time.

I would turn this back on you and say that it's the ignorant though that most drivers put out in which they believe they are entitled to all manners of right of way when it comes to them operating a vehicle, hence forth leading to "accidents" that could have been prevented by just driving slower.

Speed kills, there is no two ways around that

My Ride
    FG Civic

Is that really a cover up for Ignorance? Kids are labelled as such because they do not have the menatality to comprehend and act responsibly, they are taught to be responsible individuals, which later on in life some do apply to thier lives.
    I can't count how many times I have passed by a play ground or school zone and have had a ball shoot out into the street only to have little Johny chasing behind it.

The fact of this matter is that school and playground zones are designated as "Protected Areas" in which the driver must pay due attention regardless of the time.

I would turn this back on you and say that it's the ignorant though that most drivers put out in which they believe they are entitled to all manners of right of way when it comes to them operating a vehicle, hence forth leading to "accidents" that could have been prevented by just driving slower.

Speed kills, there is no two ways around that
    ^^yea, well ignorance kills too. Follow the rules. Its a proven theory.

My Ride

Originally posted by lint

You should check those facts. School zones are school zones, and they are all in effect from 8am to 5pm. Playground zones are playground zones and are in effect from 8:30am to 1 hr past sunset.

If you were meant to drive slowly 24 hrs in those zones, they'd be posted as such.
    you're right my refferneces might be off; each municipality has their own set of rules that govern those areas, I was re-calling a case I had over heard at an out of city court, relating to a similar matter

My Ride

skim read much?

My Ride
    BlackN16's

True, ignorace does kill. But, how many drivers have been killed because someone went 30 at 7:50 AM?

Alot more kids have been hurt by someone going 50 at 7:50 am.

I go slow if I see any children, regardless. I don't trust their sense of judgment, and for all I know they could dart out into the road. Its alot easier to stop in a hurry at 30 then 50.

Call me whatever you want, I'd rather not take a risk of hurting a child then make some person 20 seconds late for work.

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

Originally posted by CarbonCopy

True, ignorace does kill. But, how many drivers have been killed because someone went 30 at 7:50 AM?

I go slow if I see any children, regardless. I don't trust their sense of judgment, and for all I know they could dart out into the road. Its alot easier to stop in a hurry at 30 then 50.

Call me whatever you want, I'd rather not take a risk of hurting a child then make some person 20 seconds late for work.
    those zones are short anyways beter safe than sorry.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

That is very true. The worst example of that I see is patrollers. Those kids are there to help out other kids to prevent them from being hurt, yet most of the time they arent in school zones, and some people go way to fast through the intersections they are working.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Some of you guys are complete douche-bags. Some schools start early tha others and there can be kids around that early. Are you tits that fucking self centered that you can't slow down near schools and playgrounds when there could be kids in those areas? We all tell our kids to look both ways before they cross but sometimes they get distracted...they are kids and they don't always do the right thing. But god forbid you have to slow down to 30kms even at 7:45.

Slow the fuck down and use better judgement. Or you could just hit some kid...yeah, that would teach them a lesson.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Children don't develop the mental capacity to correctly process factors like depth/distance, speed, and peripheral vision. All dimensions that we take for granted when we cross the street as pedestrians and as drivers.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by rotten42
    Some of you guys are complete douche-bags. Some schools start early tha others and there can be kids around that early. Are you tits that fucking self centered that you can't slow down near schools and playgrounds when there could be kids in those areas? We all tell our kids to look both ways before they cross but sometimes they get distracted...they are kids and they don't always do the right thing. But god forbid you have to slow down to 30kms even at 7:45.

Slow the fuck down and use better judgement. Or you could just hit some kid...yeah, that would teach them a lesson.

Why so harsh man?

If that is the case than the city should change the signs or make all of the zones start at the same time so that there is uniformity across the city. It sucks having some knob go 30 through the zone when there is no need for it.

Going 30 in a 50 zone is the same as going 70, you are not paying attention to the proper speed limit.

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Sienna XLE

Originally posted by rotten42

Use logical judgement, or better yet just common sense that when you are in school or playground zones kids are present, regardless what the law says its better to be safe than sorry.

Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life... everday we live, hard its a strife... good thing right now I don't have a wife

As Kanye say, nothings ever promised tommorow today

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

Originally posted by Sprinter

Use logical judgement, or better yet just common sense that when you are in school or playground zones kids are present, regardless what the law says its better to be safe than sorry.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

It annoys the heck out of me when people slow down to 30 in a playground zone before 8am. You got a line up of cars tailgating each other, wondering wtf is the guy in front doing. The guy is oblivious to why everyone's mad at him.

According to you guys defending him, we should disregard posted speed limits and drive 20km/h slower.

Most of the road fatalities happen on deerfoot, everyone should slow down to 80km/h, that'll solve everything!

Originally posted by CarbonCopy

I don't know where you got the statistics for kids being hit in playground zones before 8:30am... please share.

I agree however when I SEE kids around the road, slow down... regardless of playground/school zones. I got no problems with that. But why don't they change all residential areas from 50 to 30? I see tons of kids on their front lawns or on sidewalks.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by QuasarCav

Why so harsh man?

If that is the case than the city should change the signs or make all of the zones start at the same time so that there is uniformity across the city. It sucks having some knob go 30 through the zone when there is no need for it.

Going 30 in a 50 zone is the same as going 70, you are not paying attention to the proper speed limit.

why so harsh?

You obviously don't have kids otherwise you would see how stupid it is to complain about this.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    It annoys the heck out of me when people slow down to 30 in a playground zone before 8am. You got a line up of cars tailgating each other, wondering wtf is the guy in front doing. The guy is oblivious to why everyone's mad at him.

According to you guys defending him, we should disregard posted speed limits and drive 20km/h slower.

Most of the road fatalities happen on deerfoot, everyone should slow down to 80km/h, that'll solve everything!

I don't know where you got the statistics for kids being hit in playground zones before 8:30am... please share.

I agree however when I SEE kids around the road, slow down... regardless of playground/school zones. I got no problems with that. But why don't they change all residential areas from 50 to 30? I see tons of kids on their front lawns or on sidewalks.
    Comparing Deerfoot to a playgound/school zone is just plain stupid! The pain and suffering you must endure to have to go under the speed limit for a block or two....it must make you life that much more of a struggle.

Compare that to the pain and suffering to:
    1) the kid you hit
    2) the kids parents
    3) to you

...if you should hit the kid.

IT would all be nice if children were completely responsible for their actions but they aren't....and this board has proved that quite often they still aren’t responsible when they are old enough to drive.

Some people get bent out of shape when their car gets smashed up.....that's peanuts to how a parent feels when their kids get hurt.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast