Quantcast
Playground Zones Start at 8:30 AM - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Playground Zones Start at 8:30 AM

exactly, how much faster can u get to the end of the playground zone by going 50 anyways

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Originally posted by dragonone
    exactly, how much faster can u get to the end of the playground zone by going 50 anyways
    Assuming a playground zone is about 400m long, roughly 20 seconds lol.
    I guess time is money to some, a whole 20 seconds of money

wellll this topic may NEVER EVER come up again. they (news) just said that playgrounds zones may be wiped out.

links anyone?

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Yep I heard about it too.... fukin retarded. They say statistically speaking there is no difference in safety from going 30km/h or 50km/h. edmonton and toronto no longer have the 30km/h playground zone rule anymore.

saving people 5seconds in a playground zone... big whoop... can't city council find something more important to do... like put more money into healthcare since there were THREE cases of miscarriages because of wait times in the last 3 months??

Originally posted by yellowsnow

saving people 5seconds in a playground zone... big whoop... can't city council find something more important to do... like put more money into healthcare since there were THREE cases of miscarriages because of wait times in the last 3 months??
    your post is confusing. The miscarriages weren't because of the wait times. The wait times just resulted in those women having their miscarriages in the emergency waiting room as opposed to a hospital bed. Healthcare is majorly lacking, but those women may not have been the worst victim in the hospital, and thankfully, those who are in the worst condition get seen first.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Originally posted by abyss

your post is confusing. The miscarriages weren't because of the wait times. The wait times just resulted in those women having their miscarriages in the emergency waiting room as opposed to a hospital bed. Healthcare is majorly lacking, but those women may not have been the worst victim in the hospital, and thankfully, those who are in the worst condition get seen first.
    No, I'm pretty sure the miscarriages happened because of wait times. The women were in labour, and they were told to just sit in the waiting room. I believe one waited over 6 hours, until she started bleeding everywhere and had her miscarriage in front of everyone in the wait room.

My Ride
    FG Civic

Originally posted by cman

More like people like you have no respect for you neighbors and their families, as well as obviously being very selfish.
    I assume you are the house on the block that everyone thinks is a complete asshole with complete disregard for anything but themselves. I think it's also safe to assume that you are one of the cool people who crank their subs up on residential roads at 2am because noise doesn't hurt anyone.
    It's called respect.

Also for the record he would average 24 km/h
    Actually i have no subs, helped organize our streets summer party, and am viewed as a helpful young adult who doesnt mind helping anyone out if they need a hand. I just happen to respect the reason that rules and regulations are put into place.

Dont make an ass out of yourself.

Originally posted by yellowsnow

No, I'm pretty sure the miscarriages happened because of wait times. The women were in labour, and they were told to just sit in the waiting room. I believe one waited over 6 hours, until she started bleeding everywhere and had her miscarriage in front of everyone in the wait room.
    You can't prevent a miscarriage from happening. If it's gonna happen it's going to happen, it's unfortunate that these women had to go through that in the waiting room as opposed to in a bed, or at home. However they may not have needed to be there in the first place either, I don't know the individual scenarios in great detail (how far along the women were, the extent of cramping (not labour) etc.) but unless you're cramping and bleeding profusely it doesn't always warrant a trip to the emergency room. Again, it's unfortunate this happened, but I would be willing to bet that the media has exaggerated the situation a little bit to play on the sympathies of the readers. I would still rather someone who needed the attention more get it.

edit: Those women more likely should have gone to their family doctor or a walk in clinic instead of the emergency room. But again, I don't know the whole scenario in great detail so that is just my opinion based on what I've read of the stories.
    Last edited by abyss; 10-04-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

Originally posted by abyss

Again, it's unfortunate this happened, but I would be willing to bet that the media has exaggerated the situation a little bit to play on the sympathies of the readers. I would still rather someone who needed the attention more get it.

Thats what they do--sensationalize and crucify---usually with a skewed view of the facts.

Originally posted by Watcher
    links anyone?
    http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/RTGAMA...calgary.ctv.ca

#1 on the list should be the Elbow Drive/4th St. zone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5