Quantcast
BUyIng on Ebay - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: BUyIng on Ebay

My Ride
    WK2

Default BUyIng on Ebay

What do u think about buying car stuff from ebay?..in my case coilovers...er i am at least thinking about it....good idea?, bad idea?

thnx

My Ride
    my bike

there's a lot of generic knock-offs on ebay, just make sure you know what you're buying

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

yep, make sure the guy has good feedback (and lots of it too)
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

If the persons feedback is anything less than 95% positive, I won't buy from them. I buy stuff off of EBay all the time and have been satisfied everytime except for once. I ordered a case of paintballs, and the jackasses that shipped them didn't think that paintballs needed any sort of cushioning. A shitload of them broke and got paint on all the other ones, rendering the full count of 2000 rounds useless.

Other than that, EBay kicks ass
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    my bike

another thing you want to keep in mind is the extra customs/duty charges that will be added on stuff coming from south of the border.

My Ride
    Civic . . .

just do the exchange math and it should be good, i got my projection headlights off of ebay and it was still cheaper even after shipping and exchange. Do make sure your seller has good feedback, and spend the three dollars on the insurance it's worth it, my friend got scamed but he got all his money back because of it.
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

Ebay is a great too for getting a deal, but you have to check out the seller, make sure they have good feedback, or if they have little feedabck, give them a call, make sure you are confortable with them,

i have used ebay lots, and it has been all good experiences.
    "Being the backup goalie is like going to the prom with your sister... you can score.. but its on your own team"

buyin parts off ebay s just about the worse idea ever. none of those people are dealers for those parts and everyone of them do not have a warrenty with them, buy some neon tubes and expect to buy new ones when they break, my roomate bought a alpine head unti off there and now hes screwed cuz the face stopped working, its gonna cost him the same amount he paid for it to get it replaced, i bought an alpine amp off there and have had it sent back twice, the first time was 300 to get it fixed, i only paid 400 for the amp. if u get ripped off and they dont send the product tough luck, ive had that happen to me before too, ebay does nothing abou those people. ive had one to many bad experiences with ebay and its only a matter of time till u do 2

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

how about doing a search on this forum for "ebay" because ther are at least 10. lots of great info and feedback.
    Travel

ChronicDex is offline Banned - Can't learn dem rules
    My Ride
    2000 civic si

yeah I'm thinking of head lights too ut I'm not so sure with ebay....