Quantcast
Careless Driving ticket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Careless Driving ticket

Default .

Last edited by 2fast4me; 11-11-2009 at 10:22 PM.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Randy Hicks is the best traffic lawyer in the city. He formerly had a practice called The Ticket Agency but I think the name has changed. He plays hockey with the prosecutors (or at least did back in the day).

He's gotten me off of more tickets than I remember.

My Ride

Just another wannabe boy racer. Nice sig and user name btw, im sure everyones impressed. I hope whoever you plowed into is ok and that no insurance company comes near you.

Its a good thing it was a car you rammed into, and not a pedestrian.

You should be thankful that you didn't f#cken kill someone with your stupidity.

How in the hell would someone go about even fighting a ticket like that..

Judge: "So you want me to throw this ticket out?"
    2fast4me: "Yes, that's right"
    Judge: "Why?"
    2fast4me: "Um... I believe this is a minor offence and I have a good driving record"
    Judge: "You were in a collision you fool! You're actually serious?"
    2fast4me: "Yes... why wouldn't I be?"
    Judge: "Denied! And I'll throw on another $500 fine"

Dude... doesn't matter if you fight it or not. You insurance will increase no matter what... the accident is going to affect it way more than this ticket. It will still have an effect though... but no judge in his right mind is going to plea or throw this one out since it resulted in an accident.

My Ride
    Your Mom and Her Tits

Did this happen last night at Mcleod and 75th?

Hitting some one from behind.. This will ALWAYS be your fault. This will be difficult to fight if not impossible.. You are screwed.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Go got Pointts, he can most likely get it down to a following to close ticket or something related... Much less of a fine and waaay less demerits and negative effects on insurance.
    Will cost you around $250-350 though.

doesn't matter how bad the accident was..either way your insurance goes up once its on your record...but having a reckless driving ticket with it doesn't help with insurance premiums neither

Originally posted by Watcher

Everyone thinks that driving impaired and killing someone can only happen to someone else.

Well buddy, from my point of view, you are someone else.

I hope you f#cken go to jail. And, I hope you spend years paying off all the fines and lawyers fees. But, most importantly I hope you never pull this sort of stupidity again.

Dude, how bad is your day going?

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

The guy you hit was my buddy, man how the fuck is this not your fault you rear ended someone no shit it's your fault and I hope that your insurance does go up so you learn your lesson. The guy that you hit now has whiplash, nice going.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

where did this happen and how fast were going? Just curious.

On another note, your insurance is going to go up, you will lose demerits and you can't get the ticket dropped. Which is good because getting away with something like this scott-free is ridiculous. You rear-ended someone, now pay the consquences instead of trying to weasel out of it.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NOTHING RIGHT NOW :(

Originally posted by 5hift
    Just another wannabe boy racer. Nice sig and user name btw, im sure everyones impressed. I hope whoever you plowed into is ok and that no insurance company comes near you.

accidents happening! so dont just assume hes some dumb ass driver.

since u rear ended someone, its ur fault and i dont think u will be able to get outa that. but as for the ticket u might be able to get a reduced, if u go downtown.

^ Accidents do happen, but they are pretty rare in my opinion. Collisions on the other hand, such as this one are far more common than 'accidents'.

I think it is worth acknowledging the distinction between the two.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    FD3S

Judging from your use of words "didnt stop in time," it sounded like you were being an idiot, but it may have been an accident as well, nonetheless you might be able to get your ticket changed to speeding or something less, IMO thats kind of a dumb ticket but oh well

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by 94boosted
    . The guy that you hit now has whiplash, nice going.

Last edited by 2fast4me; 11-11-2009 at 10:23 PM.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by 2fast4me
    I was not speeding or anything.
    The irony.

Yo you have every right to fight this ticket. Like many people said go to points etc etc I have seen a few cases where someone couldn't stop in time because the guy in front slammed his brakes and they didn't have to pay a penny.
    Good luck

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

To the OP, people are finding it very hard to sympathise with you due to the quote in your sig.....
    Your username isn't helping either. Combine this with any history you have on this board (I don't know) and the responses here are probably explained.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that you have learned a very valuable lesson from this, and probably have a new found respect for driving. I don't think everybody on here understands that part. Perhaps they could ease up just a little bit?

So, the best thing to do is go to the crown, and try to have it reduced to following too close. Unless you were digging for change, switching CD's, talking on your cell phone, whatever, this does not warrant a careless driving charge. However I do not feel that the person who causes an accident should get away without a ticket.
    The crown is no longer doing RO tickets (no demerits), but if you go down and plead that you simply didn't react fast enough and ask for a following too close ticket, it could really help you out.
    IIRC careless driving is 4 or 5 demerits, following too close is 3, and the fine is lower.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

The 2 second rule is just a rule. Sometimes you have to make it 3 seconds, or 4 seconds, etc.

IMO, when we point a 3000 pound machine at something and step on the gas, we better damn well pay attention to where we are going. That could have been a pedestrian that the OP hit,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast