Quantcast
WOW: Hero choice... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW: Hero choice...

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Default WOW: Hero choice...

Addicts and pros...if you could do it all over again, what class and race would you choose, i'm about to start and after a whack of research am leaning towards a troll hunter for the beserker rifle. I loved playing sniper in DOTA and although i know its not the same game I though this would be a nice characer to play with. Any other recommendations...I hate to get too far ahead and realize ive made a grave mistake...
    Autosignature

Hunters are probably the most over represented class in WoW, but if you were to make one, going Horde is probably a good bet.

It depends on what you want to do. Hunters are an excellent soloing class if you just want to adventure alone. The problem is that they tend to not be as desirable when looking to group with people. A pet that is poorly controlled pet in one of the instances will cause the entire group to wipe (everyone dies), and a Hunter does not have the ability to do as much damage as a warlock, rogue or mage. They also lack the ability to have crowd control like a mage and its sheeping ability.

What kind of play do you like? Do you like being a damage dealer, a tank that can soak up the damage, or a healer? Do you plan on grouping with others a lot, or play on your own, because you only want to be able to play a few hours at a time? For example, a priest is a little more difficult to solo with, but you will always be able to find a group if you need to do an instance. Warriors can take a lot of damage, but don't do the damage a rogue can do. Paladins can solo well, but take longer to kill stuff because they don't typically deal out the damage. They are extremely survivable, have auras and can ressurect people - all valuable things in a group setting.

I personally have/had a level 60 Night Elf hunter that I started when WoW first came out. I have also dabbled playing a mage to level 40 and a priest to level 25. All of the classes have their strengths, and while you can pretty much solo with any class, it is easier to do with certain classes than others.

My Ride
    10 WRX

Hunters are verryyyyy good soloing by themselves. Amazing how many mobs they can take on by themselves. Just send the pet in and go ape shit with your skills. I was a 60 Gnome Rogue, if I could change I'd probably be a Gnome Warrior. Tanking is just too fun. And I'd say a warrior with the best gear can absolutely wreck anyone. They are a very very gear dependant class.

Also Hunters are a fairly easy class to get a hang of.

My Ride
    MKV GTI

If I could do it all again, I probably wouldn't ahaha. Such a time sink. Definately not a rogue as my main though, what an over played class . Probably priest.

My Ride
    MK7 R

lol yeah i definitely wouldnt play another rogue. if i were to play again, i'd be a mortal strike tauren warrior

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

If you enjoy a challenge, and a class that is very diverse, very good at damage dealing yet can still hold their own pretty well, then Warlock is the class for you. It's kind of a cross between a hunter and a mage, and all of it nasty damage dealing stuff

For example, I have what is called a NightFall/Conflagration specification for my gnome lock (yep, I play a gnome), and I can absolutely and utterly DESTROY a warrior with decent gear because of the amount of damage possible, and do it quickly.

Then again, Warlocks are a support class as well, with various goodies they can make and give out such as healthstones, and they are a rezzing class as well, with soulstones.

So if you want a challenge, a good time, not be TOO gear dependant, and still have a pet to use... then Warlock is for you

Geek

My Ride
    MK7 R

oh yeah if you pvp a lot, then it has been well documented that shadow priests melt faces in pvp

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...31108&pageNo=1

My Ride

Hunters are great for solo'ing and great damage dealers in groups. A properly decked out hunter (that is being played properly) can usually out damage almost any other class in the game. I have a 60 hunter and the only people that could ever beat me for damage were the odd decked out warriors spec'd for damage. I could out damage any and all mages/warlocks in my guild in a full instance run even without my pet.

If your more concerned with end game content (which is where the game really begins), grouping, getting into a high end guild and running high end instances... I'd highly recommend going with a holy priest. I personally find it a lot of fun, there's always room in the group for more healers.. in a 5-10 man group you are the backbone of the group, you can either make or break a good group (assuming they also have a good tank).

The other option if you are again more into the end game content and want to be able to find pick up groups quickly is a tanking warrior. Good protection spec warriors are just as hard to find as good priests, they will get you into groups very quickly.

My vote would be priest followed by warrior.. My hunter and priest are both 60, i'm working on a warrior next.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

I had a level 60 Troll Hunter, (I played when the game was first released, I quit when Blackwing Lair came out)

anyways, I loved my hunters at times, and at other times it DRIVES me nuts.

like some people have mentioned, its sometimes hard to get a group going, cause usually there are lots of noob players out there who can't control their pet and their attacks, which in turn gives most hunters a bad name.

My hunter dealt great damage, but then again I had an epic or two and was mostly a critical dmg build.

anyways, If I had to do it all over again, I'd either finish my priest or druid. but don't get me wrong, I loved my hunter. (The stings (mana burn/life burn) it was awesome.)

My Ride
    Mazda MX-3

I had a Night elf hunter ( ) and there is alot of us. but if u get into a good guild u will be top on the dmg meters. just dont go beastmastery spec or something stupid. but i also started a warlock before i quit the game. and i would deffinitly choose that. ez to solo and works well in groups too. they are the only class that can take on 4 mobs 5 lvls above them solo.

I wouldnt go priest again, ever.

Yes you can "melt faces" in pvp, but chances are you want good gear and want to raid... so your guild will want you as a holy spec so your face melting abilities sink.

I would go mage, warlock, or hunter.

Just do your own thing on the side and contribute to dps.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    09 wrx265

I would go priest again.

healing spec priest is highly wanted on guilds/raids, and I liked the challenge on monitoring 20-40 health bars and deciding the right amount of heal to give at a time. plus once your raid gets used to the dungeon, you wont need to do/heal that much anymore

pvp they are also fun to use and tough to beat.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Well i'm really think about a preist now, seems like fun actualy although i'm sure you'd take alot of flack for failing in your role, can thes guys solo at all though?
    Autosignature

My Ride
    09 wrx265

Originally posted by pinoyhero
    Well i'm really think about a preist now, seems like fun actualy although i'm sure you'd take alot of flack for failing in your role, can thes guys solo at all though?
    for leveling a priest, you go shadow all the way.
    then once you hit 60 you may respec to healing

Originally posted by cityhunter2501

for leveling a priest, you go shadow all the way.
    then once you hit 60 you may respec to healing
    Shadow priests can do decent damage, and are good enough healers for healing a group for the odd instance. They need the extra dps from a shadow build to solo effectively and level. For big raids when doing the end game content at level 60, it is easy enough to respec to a healing build, or stay shadow for PVP. Faces will melt if you stay a shadow priest.

Leveling a shadow priest is fairly easy. Only problem is they dont have any real effective AoE's but dots are fun id recommend going undead priest if you do go priest.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Leveling a shadow priest is fairly easy. Only problem is they dont have any real effective AoE's but dots are fun id recommend going undead priest if you do go priest.
    Eating corpses for health is fun. Otherwise, if you want to go Alliance, start up a Dwarf. Fear Ward FTW.

My Ride
    09 wrx265

damn all this priest talking makes me want to go back WoWing...

countless fun mind controlling enemies down the lava on Blackrock mountains.

usually high end guilds, dont mind having 1 or 2 shadow priest on their guild, the shadow weaver (iirc) helps boost warlocks and other priest DoTs

i remeber pvping and my guild leader screamed at me over vent for being in shadow form. i told him to stfu cause i do more damage than the druid in cat form when im in shadow form

i didnt get along all that well w/ my guild leader lol

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Ok well ice got it narrowed down to an alliance priest now. Any recommendations other than dwarf?
    Autosignature

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast