Quantcast
What has happened to this city... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What has happened to this city...

My Ride
    BlackN16's

Default What has happened to this city...

So the other night I was out... Stopped at 7-11 for smokes.

Guy comes out with the same story everyone has, my truck broke down, blah blah, My girlfreind ISN'T a crackhead... Can I borrow 20 bucks.

Three times that night, I was asked for money at a 24 hour establishment. Always 20 bucks, always my truck broke down, or I just got in from _____.

How do you deal with these people? I tell them I'm broke cept for debit, then they say "theres a debit machine inside" and I tell them I'm not giving them a fucking penny and they're on their own.

Tell your stories of 24 hour place moochers, methods of dealin with them and thoughts on how this city has gone to shit in the past 2 years.....

I remember when I felt safe in my neighborhood walking around at night when I was 14.... Now I lock my car doors.

My Ride
    Civic

I simply ask:

Do your arms work?
    ....yes

Do your legs work?
    ....yes

then get a fucking job.

end of story.
    C-23-H

My Ride
    MDX

Tell them I got bills to pay, so fuck off.

My Ride
    BlackN16's

Originally posted by jumperman8
    I simply ask:

Do your arms work?
    ....yes

Do your legs work?
    ....yes

then get a fucking job.

end of story.
    I'm not a mean person... But after the third time the other night I just told him to fuck off.

My Ride
    SoupRYou

is this the 7/11 near whitehorn station?

if it is i hate that guy i saw him convince a guy get him gas
    and then i swear he was getting high of the fumes
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

Don't be a prick to them. You don't know what they're on or what they will do to you. These assholes are everywhere by my place and they are mostly respectful, but the nerve of some of them man.... Just say NO and keep walking, do not justify yourself to them.

The worst was this guy playing the whole scam like said above and followed me straight to my front door off 17th saying i must have alot of $ to live down here, you look rich, you can spare the change man.... Scary looking fucker too.

Another thing is the guys that hang out on the LRT platforms asking for money for a ticket. This one jackoff asked me, I said here is another ticket, he took it (looked disgusted too) and went to the next person asking. I went over ripped the ticket out of his hand and told him off infront of a few people.

My Ride
    MKV GTI

Yea... I try to be polite and say I have nothing on me sorry, works fine.

But yesterday I was on 17th, and 3 people asked if I had any drugs to buy within the span of 30 mins while I was on a bench drinking a slurpee lol!

Mmmm, I just ran into random ones on 17th Ave during the day.

I prefer the.. "Sorry, I don't have my wallet on me..." and walk away...

There's always going to be people like this.. and especially now, with all the transient workers. Just ignore them and enjoy. Carry some bear spray just in case, and you're good to go.

My Ride
    78 civic

Default Re: What has happened to this city...

Originally posted by CarbonCopy
    So the other night I was out... Stopped at 7-11 for smokes.

Quit smoking

I used to get asked all the time until I started to dress down. When your walkin around downtown in nice threads it just presents too easy of a target. If you dress like a punk kid or a crackhead (jean jacket with a hoodie pulled over your head) you'll never get bothered.

But seriously, has anyone been downtown lately? Drug dealers absolutely swarming every block. You see deals being made while waiting for the C-Train or walking around. Just this morning as I was walking down 8th Ave, there were 5 separate dealers posted up in the span of just one block...I wanted to stab them all...for stealing my business...
    Last edited by Manhattan; 10-01-2006 at 07:21 PM.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

whenever i see a homeless person about to come and ask me for money, i ask them for change for the phone before they ask me... it works pretty well...
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-01-2020 at 11:47 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    93 Ford Flareside 4x4 9"lift

same thing happened to me a couple months ago.

Stopped at the 7-11 on 16th ave, filled my tank and grabed a slurpee. when i came back out, this woman came and gave me this obviously well rehearsed line.

"I just left my husband who beat me up with my daughter, we are trying to get a motel room just down the street at the red carpet inn, but I don't have any cash till thursday when i get my paycheck. can you spare anything?"

Now I am all for helping ANY woman out in this situation. I also figgured a woman would not lie about something like this. I offered to take the woman and go get her daughter, and take her to a place much better, like the sandman or something (where her daughter can swin and play in the playground and such) and pay for it.

After a bunch of back and forth, she finally came clean and said she just wanted cash to get high.

some peolpe go to amazing lengths.

Originally posted by thetrousertrout
    same thing happened to me a couple months ago.

Stopped at the 7-11 on 16th ave, filled my tank and grabed a slurpee. when i came back out, this woman came and gave me this obviously well rehearsed line.

"I just left my husband who beat me up with my daughter, we are trying to get a motel room just down the street at the red carpet inn, but I don't have any cash till thursday when i get my paycheck. can you spare anything?"

Now I am all for helping ANY woman out in this situation. I also figgured a woman would not lie about something like this. I offered to take the woman and go get her daughter, and take her to a place much better, like the sandman or something (where her daughter can swin and play in the playground and such) and pay for it.

After a bunch of back and forth, she finally came clean and said she just wanted cash to get high.

some peolpe go to amazing lengths.
    You sound nice enough to buy her some crack to smoke

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

Originally posted by CarbonCopy

I'm not a mean person... But after the third time the other night I just told him to fuck off.
    It's not being mean putting these people in their place! It's not like you're assaulting them and breaking a leg b/c they asked you for cash, instead your protecting your intersts and telling them to figure out life for themselves....

Honestly it especially drives me nuts when ppl even come up to your car at a set of lights to clean your windows for money, i just wave them on, I wn't even roll down my windows and offer these people the time of day.

I got to where I am b/c my family has done well and I've busted my ass like most other people - why should I hand out what I've worked hard for to someone who is potentially just lazy and trying to take advantage of us hardworking folks~?!

"Just say no to bums" :P

(and don't call me uncompassionate b/c really, that's BS - it's not like these people are leppers with a huge inability to fend for themselves, how else did they make it ~30+ years in life?)
    MK7 Golf SportWagen 4Motion

Yeah somehow they can afford to not only survive and get food, but also drugs.

I got beaked by one when I was filling up, "hows it feel to be HEARTLESS!!" etc. WTF buddy, I'm dropping $40 a week on premium gas (it was 1.20/L at that point) and you're giving me grief about how calgary is the worst city for handouts. Ive got more bills and shit to pay off than you, dont expect free $$

I like the response "Sorry, don't got extra cash, cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

My Ride
    anything but domestic

Alberta is booming. How the hell can anybody be a bum in calgary. for god sakes, trades are crying for ppl. They are lowering the bar so that less qualified ppl can get in just so that they can get PEOPLE.

I dont buy the excuses.....get a job and work like the rest of us.

ESPECIALLY THE DAMN SQUEEGEE KIDS

all of them are able bodied, theyre just plain lazy. GET A JOB

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

I turn on my windshield wipers when a squeegy bitch comes to earn some change.

I have no time for these people.

While n 17thSE eastbound (in turning lane to deerfoot north)
    one of the "travelling" beggars with his sob story cardboard sign comes to the window and asked for change. My boss grabbed his ashtray full of change (5-6 bucks worth) and said here ya go.

The fuckin douchebag has the nerve to say...."I'll take the silver"

My boss dumped the ashtray of change on the guy and proceeded to turn on to deerfoot.
    What a chump!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

But yesterday I was on 17th, and 3 people asked if I had any drugs to buy within the span of 30 mins while I was on a bench drinking a slurpee lol! [/B]
    Was this the bench in the park beside melrose... Theres always someone there, either selling or buying...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast