Quantcast
97 si civic rear tranny mount broken + lower control arm mount broken - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 97 si civic rear tranny mount broken + lower control arm mount broken

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

Default 97 si civic rear tranny mount broken + lower control arm mount broken

today, i went to get my car safety inspected so i can plate it, anyway it failed the inspection, now the two big things it failed on that worry me are the following:
    1.) rear transmission mount is broken
    2.) left lower control arm mount is broken (sheet says welds cracked and mounting point smashed)

I am wondering how much work is needed to fix these two items, and is it a lot of work, or is it not that bad.

Thanks

for the rear mount they probably mean the rubber part has broken....which can be replaced. sounds like the car has been launched hard a lot....i havent seen too many broken mounts especially on a d series lol.

the control arm mount being smashed, you would need pics. sounds like it has to be straigtened out and rewelded into place. this one sounds more difficult. it sounds like this is due to the dude curbing the car or something, really hard. probably replaced all the bent parts and left that mount just like that.

overall, seems like you bought a car that was heavily beat on....
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

the lower control arm mount is bent, has to go to a body shop as far as i can tell, as for the tranny mount, i hope thats it, and from what i see, thats the part that seems to be broken, the thing that worries me there is the decription the guy put which is, and i quote, "rear of transmission is broken off", what that means, who knows, i don't think the casing is cracked cuz there are no leaks and i don't think the transmission is broken cuz the car made it from calgary to regina ok, anyways, your assesment on it being curbed is probably true