Quantcast
Thoughts on the Porsche Cayenne V6? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Porsche Cayenne V6?

Default Thoughts on the Porsche Cayenne V6?

Just wanted to get some feedback on a Porsche Cayenne V6. I'm looking for a new car for my parents, and this one made the list. What worries me is the 0-60mph time of 8.5s with this car. That's even slower than a Toyota Sienna. 250hp V6 and a 4700lb car, go figure.

Seems like a very weak car for a Porsche. But it's still a Porsche. Seems like a great deal too considering it's got a MSRP of only $60,100.

What do you guys think? Should I keep looking?

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

IMO i think its nice, but all you're paying for is the name. There are lots of nice SUV's on the market in that price range.What about the infiniti FX45? Probably performs a lot better, and I know people who have one and love it.

My Ride
    FG Civic

Default Re: Thoughts on the Porsche Cayenne V6?

Originally posted by richardchan2002

Seems like a very weak car for a Porsche. But it's still a Porsche.

That is an ignorant way to look at a vehicle purchase.

"Geez honey, this suv has sub-standard fuel economy, and horrible acceleration. But oh well, its still a porsche."

Question is, do you want your parents to drive a fully satisfying vehicle, or just a name...

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

$60K is a lot of money for a big slug like that even though I like the looks of the Cayenne (Turbo is more like it). What about a used Infiniti FX-35, Cadillac SRX, or Acura MDX?

How often are your folks going to be testing that 8.5 figure? I doubt real car people will give the v6 a second glace, it's the turbo that gets people real wet (the cayenne ain't no slug though), but there's gotta be more to a car than just speed for your parents for $60K (maybe not and that would make them officially the coolest folks ever )

Infiniti FX-45, Infiniti FX-35, or Nissan Armada. IMO Porche Cayenne isnt worth buying unless it's a Cayenne Turbo, because if it's not then your basically paying for the name.

I'm pretty sure you can beat the Sienna in the 1/4 mile. I think the FWD Sienna runs high 16s.

Are you going to be racing other minivans mainly on the track or at red lights?

True, I doubt my parents would ever test that figure. But having power on tap is actually safe for merging, passing on the highway, etc. Other than that The Cayenne seems to be a pretty good package: good brakes, good towing capacity (so they say), good safety features and good maintenance schedule. Oil changes only need to be done every 2 years!!!

Turbo is not an option. I'm wary of turbo cars, even factory turbo cars. You turbo fanboys can flame all you want, but I just don't have faith in the reliability of anything to do with turbo.

Have you looked at the BMW X3 or the X5. We have the X3 for 2 years now and it rocks. Pretty quick and corners like crazy.

My Ride
    NC1

FX35/45 FTW

One of the nicest SUV's on the market
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

VW Touareg looks much nicer and it's cheaper.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

It is slow, we all know that .. an RAV 4 is even quicker ...

However, it has the Porsche badge ...

Of course, for $63K base price, u can't get it .. just add panaramic roof, auto, memory package, upgrade sound Xenon those basic need ..... it is 75K ....

Again, with the Porsche badge... it worths $80K already!!

It is nice ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Originally posted by max_boost
    FX35/45 FTW

One of the nicest SUV's on the market
    YUP.

And the Cayenne is a pig unless it's the turbo. They aren't that attractive for the price you pay, but the turbo will make up a little bit purely on performance. Looks-wise though even a SantaFe will give it a run for the money.

FX or BMX X5 is a much better choice IMO, but of course that's only my opinion. FX wins hands down in the sleek dept. Big wheels, looks planted and looks quick, regardless if it is or not. Toureg is very nice as well, but I can't get over the price tag for a freakin VW. Since when they they think they deserved to over price their cars. Fucking Passat went right to their heads.

My Ride
    E63. No, the one with SMG

Wait a month until the 2007 X5 comes out. That will be the new benchmark in luxury SUVs.

There sure is a lot of bitching about a 8.5 0-60 run on a site dominated by civics with mods consisting of fart can exhaust. Anything under 10 secs is safe to merge and generally putz around town. It's a parent-mobile; not a lot of need for dragster performance...

The Cayenne, regardless of engine, is a good package, but drives bigger than it is.

Buy a BMW X5, and Acura MDX, VW Touraeg, or an Invinity FX45. Or, you can save a bit of money and pick up a Nissan Pathfinder, they get great reviews. Im sure their nice, but I would never buy the cayanne with the V6. There is something that bothers me about owning a car and knowing there are better engines from the factory I could have haha.

My Ride
    17' M3

My parents bought the Cayanne S and I honestly thought it was kind of an ugly SUV until I had the chance to take it out... complete strangers would compliment the car and I'd get random thumbs up here and there.
    Relieability wise, its been a year and half with no major problems
    And even though its not the turbo, the 340HP V8 still rips. My dad got his first speedign ticket in 27 years driving the porsche. haha
    but anyways... if it was my choice, I probably woudl have gone with an FX45.
    Jackolo

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

I like the Lexus RX series. And yeah, don't buy the Cayenne... I've sat in one, and it doesn't feel like a porsche at all... interior was okay, acceleration was boring, cornering was pretty good though. Why pay 60g for a logo?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

VW Touareg would be my vote for the folks.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

I forgot to suggest the Audi Q7 with that ridiculous diesel motor with 1000+ lf/ft torque but im not sure when it comes out.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Cayenne is a good compliment car when you can't drive your 996/997. Having an all Porsche garage is the only way I can justify it's fugly look.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast