Quantcast
Samrat Dhuna ... the biggest fucking piece of shit - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Samrat Dhuna ... the biggest fucking piece of shit

My Ride
    2004 Lotus Esprit

Originally posted by Xtrema
    He'll be out in 10. 15 the most.
    I doubt that very much. I'd say, what, maybe 4 years tops, if his sentence is even close to that? To get 15 years in Canada you'd have to torture and kill a whole family or something, and even then ...

I'm going to guess a 2 year sentence.

^ 4 years is probably a pretty accurate ballpark for sentence. He didn't serve much pre-trial custody time, so he would likely end up serving another perhaps 30 months before parole, depending on a few factors.

He might have even had a shot at a 2 year less a day conditional sentence (house arrest) but for his 'final hurrah' as described by his lawyer. The possiblility of a conditional sentence is still real, but slim.

If I were a betting man, I would say somewhere in the 3.5 year range, with an outside (say 7-1) chance of a 4-6 year sentence.

Oh yeah, and a 5 year driving prohibition when he is done....
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

^^^ Doesn't Manslaughter carry a minimum 4 year sentence?

Originally posted by Mixalot27
    ^^^ Doesn't Manslaughter carry a minimum 4 year sentence?
    Only when a firearm is used.

Thre have been conditional sentences handed out for manslaughter in the past;

John Michael Wilson, convicted of manslaughter in Calgary in 2000 after snapping his infant daughter's spine and tearing her aorta during what he claimed was 'playtime' Sentenced to 2 year's house arrest. He later ended up going to jail to serve out the last little bit of the sentence after getting caught with cocaine.

Robert Turcotte strangled his mother to death with a telephone cord in 1996. convicted of manslaughter instead of second degree murder. Sentenced to house arrest.

Cheryl Capistrano killed a neighbour with a baseball bat in Winnipeg in 1997. Convicted of manslaughter, she served a conditional sentence.

And while not manslaughter, somewhat related to this case, in 1999, Greg Gallagher intentionally drove across the centre line on a highway near Drumheller and into another vehicle. Gallagher survived, but a 22 year old woman and her 4 year old son did not. Gallagher was convicted of Dangerous Driving Causing Death and was sentenced to house arrest.

great to know you can kill someone and be out in 4 years.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by NGRPLZ.NET
    Good!
    LOL, even when someone calls you out on it, you still don't realize what an idiot you're being.

My Ride
    97 Dodge Ram

Just heard on the news that he has been sentenced to 10 years in jail.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

^^pathetic
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

^^^I'm actually surprised he got that long. Not that he doesnt deserve it and more. However with our justice system I had guessed he would get only around 5yrs.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

Originally posted by dodger97
    Just heard on the news that he has been sentenced to 10 years in jail.

Canadian Justice System FTL!

My Ride
    97 Dodge Ram

Now it is said he will serve 1/3 of the sentence and then a possibility of parole...

My question about the justice system is why do people receive sentences for a certain number of years...and then do not serve the full term??

Never understood that...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Now it is said he will serve 1/3 of the sentence and then a possibility of parole...

My question about the justice system is why do people receive sentences for a certain number of years...and then do not serve the full term??

Never understood that...

if you behave and show reform when behind bars...they will consider parole as a "reward" for your change. Having said that...he will have a parole hearing and the Judge presiding will hear a case for and against parole, as well as victim impact statements and decides accordingly...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    97 Dodge Ram

I understand that...early parole for "good" behaviour but why bother giving out a 10 year sentence if the possibliity is there that they will not serve 10 years. Obviously the "crime" deserved the sentence...why not make it stand and make them serve the full term regardless of reform/rehabilitation, etc? That's where my confusion starts...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I understand that...early parole for "good" behaviour but why bother giving out a 10 year sentence if the possibliity is there that they will not serve 10 years. Obviously the "crime" deserved the sentence...why not make it stand and make them serve the full term regardless of reform/rehabilitation, etc? That's where my confusion starts...

ohhhh...werrrd werrrd....yeah that, I cannot explain haha...
    ...@therealarifjina...

I would assume that the logic behind it is that if the criminal shows that they are in the process of rehabilitation (sorry for the crime, taking councilling, etc....) that they have "learned their lesson" and are no longer a threat to society. Therefore, to help in their rehabilitation they release the criminal out of parole to integrate with society.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by TrevorK

I would assume that the logic behind it is that if the criminal shows that they are in the process of rehabilitation (sorry for the crime, taking councilling, etc....) that they have "learned their lesson" and are no longer a threat to society. Therefore, to help in their rehabilitation they release the criminal out of parole to integrate with society.
    Which in my opinion is a terrible practice because of the propensity of these 'reformers' to become repeat offenders. Not saying this guy will jump in a vehicle and do the same thing again but why did he do it in the first place? Obviously something is wrong with him and I'm sure if he spends a few years in jail he'll regret it but I doubt once he's released this type of character won't show much more remorse.

I read in the paper this ass charley and his friends would be outside the court room and on the court room steps mocking the family of the girl who HE killed. This guy deserves life imprisonment at the very least for being such a douche bag. Some peoples children.....waste of skin.

Get this, with early parole he will be out within 5 years. Why, because the judge said he was still very young and had time to change. Justice system sucks in Canada. I hope they deport his A$$ out of here.

My Ride
    POS

yeah heard on the news this morning, fucktard got 10 years. Didn't hear any other details, but he'll be out in about 5 with good behavior

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Somone should Spray paint SHAME on there house.
    I have not commented on this yet but I knew some of the victims and the club owners. There was no reason for this other than sheer stupidity.
    5 years for my sisters life I Think not.

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast