Quantcast
Couple questions about Transit Cops..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Couple questions about Transit Cops.....

Default Couple questions about Transit Cops.....

EDIT: not sure if this is the right place for this question, so feel free to move it appropriately.

I sometimes have to take the train to/from work downtown and the other day a couple of transit cops got onto the train to start checking everyone's tickets and it got me thinking.

1) If you were to just run, can they chase/apprehend you off of the C-train station property?

2) If you carry no ID whatsoever, not even something with your name on it, how can they write you a ticket if you refuse to tell them who you are and have no ID?

My guess is they would detain you and call the cops, but even then it would be your word against theirs when the actual cop arrived.

A while back in Junior High School, I ran across the tracks to catch the train while it was parked at the station (very safe, it was still letting people on and such but the lights were going) and I didn't see that there was a transit cop there. He stopped me and was going to write me a ticket but I claimed I don't have any ID and I don't bring my wallet to school. He didn't search me or anything (not sure if their allowed to or not) but he seemed flustered and didn't write me a ticket and just said don't do it again. Not sure if this would happen to anyone not carrying any ID or if it was because I was just a kid.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-13-2006 at 09:28 AM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I have heard of people saying they have no id on them, and they give them some crazy names and address's
    Cos...

My Ride
    07 Avalanche LTZ

lol the other day I was driving behind a calgary transit protective services van and they had two guys facing each other in the back handcuffed.. the funny part was there was no metal mesh and just a bright white light on them. You could see them clear as day all hammered

My Ride
    Black EP3

They actually started to put Calgary Police Officers on the train to start checking if your have the proper fair. Apparently not alot of people were taking the whole 'if you dont pay, you get a ticket' business seriously. I haven't taken the train since last year (thank god for the EP), but I'm sure they still have the CPO on the trains at selected times, when it's not retardidly busy.

Default Re: Couple questions about Transit Cops.....

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

1) If you were to just run, can they chase/apprehend you off of the C-train station property?

2) If you carry no ID whatsoever, not even something with your name on it, how can they write you a ticket if you refuse to tell them who you are and have no ID?
    buy a ticket
    Last edited by 69cougar; 01-01-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Buy a ticket.

seeing as i used to work for the police. if you have no ticket nor id they will take you to arrest processing to have you finger printed to check your fingerprints, and no i'm not kidding. the transit cops are usually in most cases "special constables" only until they can get in with the police. Quite honestly the stuff they do is more dangeous than what the actual police do.

Thanks for the comments, I was just curious more than anything. I go home at noon most days and since that is not a peak time there is sometimes transit cops and sometimes actual cops checking tickets. I of course always have a ticket.

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

City Transit Officers have the same authority as real cops on the c-train line.
    If the infraction happened on ct property they can persue you any where with in reason with the help of the CPS.

I had a run in with these guys when i was younger and In fact its the only reason I have been to Jail.

I got busted Impeeding the operation of the doors. ( held it open to finish a conversation) Bad thing especially when there is a undercover CT cop right there.

He says "can i see your ticket and your DL please" shows off a CTrain cop badge. I asked him if he got it in a cracker jack box. and right beside him a real undercover stands up and says how about mine.....
    So $150.00 fine later that I never paid till I got thrown in the can.
    If you get a c-train tix just pay it ASAP cause they will issue a warrent for your arrest if you dont show up for the court date or pay the fine.

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
    If you get a c-train tix just pay it ASAP cause they will issue a warrent for your arrest if you dont show up for the court date or pay the fine.
    Wow, how long were you in jail for? And they probably arrested you after pulling you over on the road right?

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

Originally posted by whiskas

Wow, how long were you in jail for? And they probably arrested you after pulling you over on the road right?
    DOmstic Disturbance and it was a long weekend so 3 days in the can for 150$ and they took me down with out my cash so I sat for a few days

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

A bit off topic. They threw you in jail for 3 days becuase of an unpaid transit fine? Such a minor offense and a BS charge to begin with. When they "took you down", did the SWAT team show up too? Do they at least feed you while you're behind bars?

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Those ctrain cops are fags!

Got a 50 dollar ticket for swearing!

Then when he asked to see my id it was cracked and so he called a cop that was near by and the cop wrote me a ticket for 350 for having a mutilated id.

LOL...i wish i knew that i could just run off the property and nothign would of happened!

The cop didnt sign the 350 dollar ticket cause the first ticket he wrote me he said that i was an adult when i was only 17 at the time, so he said to stick around while he writes me another one and so when he wrote me the other ticket he didnt sign it! YAY for me lol

i had to pay the 50 dollar ticket which is bs, cause the rent a cops swore at me and i couldnt use that against them in court! what bs is that?! So i ended up apying that ticket, but when i see that rent a cop again, ill just swear straight in his face in gibberish! lol

Originally posted by adidas
    Those ctrain cops are fags!

i had to pay the 50 dollar ticket which is bs, cause the rent a cops swore at me and i couldnt use that against them in court! what bs is that?! So i ended up apying that ticket, but when i see that rent a cop again, ill just swear straight in his face in gibberish! lol
    I would like to see you try that. I've seen them take people down bofore and I would laugh my a$$ off when I see them kick the sh!t out of you.

Originally posted by frozenrice
    A bit off topic. They threw you in jail for 3 days becuase of an unpaid transit fine? Such a minor offense and a BS charge to begin with. When they "took you down", did the SWAT team show up too? Do they at least feed you while you're behind bars?
    This is true. I bought a ticket and some how lost it when he asked me for it. I got a ticket and never thought nothing of it. One day 2 cops came around my house asked who i was and arrested me. Had to go afront of the justice of the peace to get back out....like what the hell. no charges just a warrant. i paid the ticket and whats done is done.

Funny part later on week later or so i found the ticket...should have checked the inside pocket...
    Sometimes you have to take a chance, whether that be on someone, or something!

Transit cops in Calgary can arrest you as long as its on Calgary Transit property... now I heard that they are expanding their "property" in the downtown area to help "clean up" downtown core... not sure if its true... but I konw the Calgary Transit cops can take you down to arrest processing unit and lay charges against you

I buy a ticket 99% of the time, there is however very rare occasions when circmstances won't allow for it, I'm sure you've all been there. I recognize if I don't buy a ticket I deserve a fine, but I don't really want to pay it so.....I would bolt, I've got faith in my own abilities, if they can catch me I'll give them credit and accept the additional fines involved.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    E46M3

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

DOmstic Disturbance and it was a long weekend so 3 days in the can for 150$ and they took me down with out my cash so I sat for a few days
    I'll be the first to say - .
    Domestic Disturbance for an unpaid ticket received on the transit? Nope.

Originally posted by CasperWho

I'll be the first to say - .
    Domestic Disturbance for an unpaid ticket received on the transit? Nope.
    Im pretty sure your not understanding the situation. The guy has a warrant issued for him for not paying the transit fine, the cops show up because a domestic disturbance call was put in, they check his ID and he gets put in jail because of the outstanding warrant, not the domestic disturbance.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by frozenrice
    It's not like they sent SWAT/TAC on them just for the unpaid ticket. They were there for another reason and found out he had an outstanding warrant so they took him in.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast