Quantcast
Can I finish first year... this year? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Can I finish first year... this year?

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Default Can I finish first year... this year?

So heres the deal. Bachelor degree of Commerce is my backup plan right now, if my Air Traffic Controller training falls through.

Anyways, since I missed fall semester at MRC or UofC, I would have to start next september. I dont want to be 20 going into my first year, So is there anyway I could finish my first year during the winter/spring semesters at UofC & MRC before next september? I cant jump into MRC as a fulltime student in the winter semester becasue thats the way their rules works. Any ideas?

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Default Re: Can I finish first year... this year?

Originally posted by natejj
    I cant jump into MRC as a fulltime student in the winter semester becasue thats the way their rules works.
    Really? Since when? I jumped into MRC as a full time student when the Winter semester started. Unless that's a rule for the Commerce program specifically.

In any case, you could always take just the options/electives first, along with whatever Commerce-specific courses you're allowed to get into, then take whatever core classes are left the following Fall semester.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Could do 5 in the winter semester then 2 in the spring/summer plus 3 thru athabasca. Good luck though cuz they would have to mostly electives and maybe a couple intro courses.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

I was a FT student in january?
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by: shnoobs
    all I know for sure about love is that it's kind of a funny thing
    how often you think about it compared to how often you feel it.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

UofC won't let you into commerce mid-year, in fact you can't get into commerce unless you start at year 1 in fall or year 3 in fall

however, mrc will admit you as a general student in winter semester and allows you to register in bcomm transfer courses to shadow the program and you can simply just change your program the following fall

My Ride
    Toyota

not that big a deal to be 20 and starting first year

My Ride
    '09 STi

Originally posted by samo147
    not that big a deal to be 20 and starting first year
    Better to start than never at all!

20 is not bad...besides most the ppl in your classes won't be around your age...some will be much older..when i started at mrc i was 18 and most the ppl in my class were like 19-22..its not a big deal...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Taking a couple years off of school really helped me. I was 20 when I started at the U of C. Took a break, made some money, had a lot of fun but am really dedicated to what I want to do now, where as right after high school, I would probably have dropped out by now.

U of C won't admit anyone I don't think into a full time degree program starting in the winter semester. You could go unclassified but I think you can only take 1 or 2 classes.

You could try spring/summer courses, but you won't be able to use those courses for admission purposes. Rumour has it taking shitty courses like english in the spring/summer will give you credit for the course, provided you pass of course, but not count towards your GPA.

Just ask the registrar at either MRC or U of C to get a definitive answer. Good luck!

My Ride
    toyota MR2

yeah man 20 is young!! im 22 and still in some first year courses.. your always guarenteed to have at least one OLD fuk in your class
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Oh.... I was told I couldn't jump into MRC as full time in winter.... better make some calls. How many courses can I take in spring semester?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by msommers
    Just ask the registrar at either MRC or U of C to get a definitive answer. Good luck!

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by Godfuader
    Could do 5 in the winter semester then 2 in the spring/summer plus 3 thru athabasca. Good luck though cuz they would have to mostly electives and maybe a couple intro courses.
    You just saved my ass from a VERY heavy year next year.... thanks for the info! Looks like im taking 5 courses winter semester, 2 spring, and 1 from athabasca during spring, then 3-4 during summer, leaving me only 8-9 courses for next year.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

You just saved my ass from a VERY heavy year next year.... thanks for the info! Looks like im taking 5 courses winter semester, 2 spring, and 1 from athabasca during spring, then 3-4 during summer, leaving me only 8-9 courses for next year.
    taking 2 spring and 3-4 summer is a heavy year, condensed classes are like 3 hrs long, a bit easier but when you have that many plates spinning, it will be hard

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by three.eighteen.

taking 2 spring and 3-4 summer is a heavy year, condensed classes are like 3 hrs long, a bit easier but when you have that many plates spinning, it will be hard
    But they are at seperate times.... If i don't start my summer courses till after my spring courses, thats only 3 condensed courses at once. And if I only work part time, 10-20 hours a week, shouldnt be THAT hard?

You are talking to the kid who finished psychology 20 and 30 in a week :p. Chinook colleged ftw,

My Ride
    '15 GTI

But they are at seperate times.... If i don't start my summer courses till after my spring courses, thats only 3 condensed courses at once. And if I only work part time, 10-20 hours a week, shouldnt be THAT hard?

You are talking to the kid who finished psychology 20 and 30 in a week :p. Chinook colleged ftw,
    oh yeah it's doable, and i guess since it's your first year you don't really need to keep the gpa too high