Quantcast
Night at the races - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Night at the races

Talking Night at the races

I don't know if this thread is already up but here is the low down for Secret Street. Hot and Humid like 65% humidity I heard.

Turbo red civic coupe, pretty fast did low 16 I believe correct me if I'm wrong

VW rabbit with 2.0 liter and T-04b turbo, cool car dude, full rollcage, nice black paint, owner some guy named George(cool guy too) Said he's been working on this car for like 5 years and finally it's done. First time at the track and ran 14.7 @ 97mph I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Looking forward to see it next week.

Mau's Supra with launch kit installed, still having traction problems ran 12.7@119 and 12.9@120. Kept on blowing his intercooler pipes and losing boost. Leaving for Edmonton to represent Cowtown tomorrow in shoot out. New TRD Carbon Fiber hood, looks tight.

Spyguy and his OG WRX. Such a nice looking car and so clean. First time meeting him, cool guy too. His car ran low 15's, very impressive. Car launches like crazy, looking forward to seeing it run again

1970's Datsun 510 with small block in it running high 14's. Trippy hearing a sound of a small block out of an import, but totally cool car.

There were some other Honda's that showed up later to race. Some Mopar cars representing too. Saw the white SLK AMG there too and the Intrigue crew. Not too many cars but always fun to chill and check out rides.

Peace
    Powered by fish sauce

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

the civic would be Ed_the_SOHC.. best time of the nite with a passenger in the car would be a 15.3

spyguy pulled mid 15's... it wasn't the best conditions as the humidity factored in the elevation was around the 6300 ft mark.
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    2008 Z06

nookmumracing, I saw your mr2 parked at RC while I was there.

We've should make a meeting spot for beyond members to go so we can all meet each other.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

The VW Rabit ran a 14.1 about a month ago...first time out ver, like 1000km on the motor...
    Travel

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

see 15's wtf people are so stupid, i goto race city, everyone i know the last week asked what times did you get, 16.3 ...oh thats it, cause that stupid F&F movie everyone thinks that anything but 10 sec is slow

its good to say, look shut up if you would go you would see the only cars running high 13's low 14's even 15's are turbo/supercharged cars and good old USA 5.0 gas pigs so SHUT IT/

sorry my first full rant on the board, feels pretty good.
    (eds civic is .......wow
    Last edited by TomTom; 07-14-2002 at 03:45 PM.
    A$$

Originally posted by TomTom
    see 15's wtf people are so stupid, i goto race city, everyone i know the last week asked what times did you get, 16.6 ...oh thats it, cause that stupid F&F movie everyone thinks that anything but 10 sec is slow

its good to say, look shut up if you would go you would see the only cars running high 13's low 14's even 15's are turbo/supercharged cars and good old USA 5.0 gas pigs so SHUT IT/

(eds civic is .......wow
    I think your car should be running quicker than 16.6, it's a JDM spec engine, right? Either your car is really heavy or it needs some tuning, cause there are stock Preludes out there that are running mid to high 15's, like Buh_Buh and LUDELVR for instance.
    Last edited by tibby racer; 07-14-2002 at 01:49 PM.

My Ride

i do belive the car is too heavy, but i do not know what i can do to fix it.
    theres 1 sub, 1 amp and a fiberglass trunk which really do not weigh all that much
    and im not sure how much the rims weight, i know the hood weighs a bit, and it has been vfac tuned
    A$$

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Hmm we'll see what we can do with your lude cause I ran a 15.5 with a stereo boxand stuff in the trunk also with 18s in the rear

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride

ill come in next friday than i can look at some other stuff too while im at it.
    A$$

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Youre gonna come by ZEAL?

My Ride

k ill try saterday
    should i try to bring a few cute blonds? lol
    Last edited by TomTom; 07-14-2002 at 08:05 PM.
    A$$

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Well i wont be there day off if you want to stop by ill be there saturday all day

My Ride
    SKYLINE GTR ,AE86, memories of a turbo 2000 lude

Default Re: Night at the races

Originally posted by nookmumracing
    I don't know if this thread is already up but here is the low down for Secret Street. Hot and Humid like 65% humidity I heard.

Turbo red civic coupe, pretty fast did low 16 I believe correct me if I'm wrong

VW rabbit with 2.0 liter and T-04b turbo, cool car dude, full rollcage, nice black paint, owner some guy named George(cool guy too) Said he's been working on this car for like 5 years and finally it's done. First time at the track and ran 14.7 @ 97mph I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Looking forward to see it next week.

Mau's Supra with launch kit installed, still having traction problems ran 12.7@119 and 12.9@120. Kept on blowing his intercooler pipes and losing boost. Leaving for Edmonton to represent Cowtown tomorrow in shoot out. New TRD Carbon Fiber hood, looks tight.

Spyguy and his OG WRX. Such a nice looking car and so clean. First time meeting him, cool guy too. His car ran low 15's, very impressive. Car launches like crazy, looking forward to seeing it run again

1970's Datsun 510 with small block in it running high 14's. Trippy hearing a sound of a small block out of an import, but totally cool car.

There were some other Honda's that showed up later to race. Some Mopar cars representing too. Saw the white SLK AMG there too and the Intrigue crew. Not too many cars but always fun to chill and check out rides.

Peace
    damn where the hell was i????locked down with the girlfriend and her mom-oh well it was fun at least.rage worked out the bugs at full throttle but still needs some work but im going next week for sure you gonna be there shuichee?

Originally posted by tibby racer

I think your car should be running quicker than 16.6, it's a JDM spec engine, right? Either your car is really heavy or it needs some tuning, cause there are stock Preludes out there that are running mid to high 15's, like Buh_Buh and LUDELVR for instance.
    4th gens are lighter than 5th gens too. I say just work on your launches and shifts and you'll be in the 15's in no time.

My Ride
    05 Chrysler 300

Originally posted by TomTom
    see 15's wtf people are so stupid, i goto race city, everyone i know the last week asked what times did you get, 16.3 ...oh thats it, cause that stupid F&F movie everyone thinks that anything but 10 sec is slow

(eds civic is .......wow
    Tom man,, that car needs no tuneing, it was running beter then ever when i gave that car to u. with the JDM 2.2 u should be high 14 low 15 AT LEAST. i ran a 15.5 with my h23 no nos just i/h/e along with a FULL tank of gas

so with 50 more HP this car now has with no nos it can hit WAY beter times then that. and the car is not that heavy. just practise and take it all the way to 7300 man, shift fast and bring them times down

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Looks like Tom is just a horrible driver! j/k man, im sure once you get use to the car, you'll be running some awesome times!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Try launching at a higher RPM around 4500 on street tires, and yes take it to a higher RPM that car should have no problem hitting low 15s

Talking Races

Yo Chowey,
    I'm going camping this weekend so I'm jacked. We should get a crew to hook up during the week or something. I usually play some Beach Volleyball down at Millinium Park so maybe we can hook up there. Lots of parking and its a cool place to chill, watch some volleyball, skaters bailing(kids are tough these days). I want to check up your setup......

Peace