Quantcast
will shampooing everyday cause your hair to fall out? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: will shampooing everyday cause your hair to fall out?

Hair gel overdose leads to baldness and having the shower head constantly pouring water on your head will lead to baldness. That's what my barber says.

My Ride
    93 Prelude

this myth is as bad as the always wearing a hat will make you bald
    its all genetic and nothing more but i have noticed one thing though that all the ppl who say "this will make you bald and that will make you bald" are always bald ppl

on another note did you know that showering during a full moon while facing west and shampooing 3 times will make you bald (i read it on a website and a bald guy whos whole family is bald and every one of them went bald at the same age wrote it so it must be true)
    money isn't the root of all evil..... the lack of money is the root of all evil

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Imo hair loss is 50/50, genetics, and maintenance/care. Proper maintenance will help prevent loss, but if its in the genetics, dont expect to have a thick head of hair your whole life.

as some people have posted, shampooing EVERY day will strip your hair of the essential oils it needs to stay healthy, this is true, its best for women to shampoo and condition about every 3-5 days, depending on condition of hair. However, its best for men to shampoo about every day if the hair is in really good condition, or if you dont care about hair loss and just want that fresh feeling, or every 2-3 days if the hair is really dry. Someone mentioned that "shampoo is shampoo" this is not true, cheap quality shampoos are cheap for a reason. A high quality shampoo such as nioxin, aveda, or pureology have costed roughly $250 000 in research etc to make the first, small bottle. A cheap quality shampoo wont clean the scalp properly, usually leaving a residue which plugs the pores etc, resulting in hair loss, and no new hair growth. A good quality shampoo will clean the scalp so much better, leaving a good base for hair growth.

Go pick up a liter of scalp therapy nioxin and a liter of cleanser, they will last u about 6 months-1 year if you have short hair and use a dime size or so every time(this is all you need). It will cost around 60-80 bux but you will notice the results, it will take a while of using it, dont expect to use it for 5 months and see a big change. Also, try to not rub the gel into your scalp, just put it through the hair.

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    an overpriced civic

thanks for the comments everyone

the only reason i started shampooing everyday was cuz my hair started feeling dirty thanks to good 'ol hamilton air

i used to shampoo every other day before and never had any problems and i've been using this thing called fibre putty by alberto to style my hair for about a year now and never had any problems...

i'll look into a better shampoo and maybe go back to shampooing every other day....i hate when my hair is oily

Originally posted by BlackFyre

1.)Your name is RaceBread? Seriously? Like White or Whole Grain? Pumpernickel perhaps? The correct word you were looking for is Bred, as in Inbred, as in what I see in your future.

Going bald makes your hair fall out.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Use professional stuff. Stuff you get at the drug store or supermarket is generic, it's loosely detergent based.. because there's nobody to sell you the stuff, they make it stronger, because the person buying it off the shelf can have really really greasy hair, or he can have really really fine hair... the stuff is good for the person with really greasy hair, but what if you have fine hair or just normal hair? then it'll be too abrasive for you.

You can get professional shampoo for as little as $6bucks, and it's more in line for your type of hair.

I've worked in the hair industry for most of my early working life (family that owns a hair salon downtown), and before I started working there, I used Pert Plus, which caused my hair to fall out like crazy... I remember sittin in my desk in grade 4, and hair was falling out.

I recomend a product line you can pick up at the Salon called A-G. It's Canadian, Professional, and reasonably priced. You can always go up from there, but shampoo that's $1.99 isnt going to get you anywhere... it's about genetics too, but once your hair is gone, it's gone.

And shampooing everyday is good for guys with short hair, and lives an active lifestyle. Natural oils and hair gels and clay and stuff like that can plug up scalp pores. Not saying you should wash your scalp, but shampooing helps get rid of the impurities.

You can do a light and quick shampoo.. if your hair is short, dont bother with conditioner (or at least not that often) as it will only make your hair more dirty if your hair isnt dry.
    Last edited by izzoblitzo; 10-21-2006 at 01:17 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nioxin is awesome, I use it! Such a difference, I used to use some crap from the drug store.

Has anyone tried laser therapy? The guy on Cjay raves about the international laser clinic (I wonder why? $$$) but it's supposed to be huge in Europe where it started. Anyone tried this or know how expensive it is?

My Ride
    Mom-van

My hair used to be SOOOOO thick.... but over the past few years it has completely thinned right out, and I have lots of hair in my hands in the shower every day.

I think it's more stress rather than shampooing, that makes your fair fall out....
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

It's a lot of things.. pending on your diet, genes, climate, maintenance.. anything.

It's like waxing your car.. use some cheap wax everyday, or some good wax once in a while.

Some people will take their cars off roading, some will leave it in the garage.

Good stuff speaks for itself.. how you treat your hair afterwards is up to you.

What sucks is people thave have lost all their hair, and they come in later.. and what was once an afterthought has all of a sudden taken priority!!

Last edited by kaput; 03-26-2019 at 07:42 PM.

My Ride
    Porsche 997 C2S / Toyota Tundra

Nothing to do with hair products IMHO -- Genetics and diet are what causes hair loss.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

It's definately the person the contributes to hair loss.. sometimes, it's just genetic, and it's in the family.. sometimes, it's just you.

but having better hair products helps. It's not a miracle potion by all means, but hair is an investment. Take care of it, and it'll take care of you.

Like, if you wear crappy shoes all your life, versus wearing top of the line nikes or something, by the time you're 40, you may or may not have back pain and foot problems (lack of cusioning perhaps). But at the end of the day, the nikes may or may not have extended the life of your foot by mere days, months, years. Who knows.

I'd invest a little more money on it because once it's gone, it's gone.

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by izzoblitzo
    It's definately the person the contributes to hair loss.. sometimes, it's just genetic, and it's in the family.. sometimes, it's just you.

but having better hair products helps. It's not a miracle potion by all means, but hair is an investment. Take care of it, and it'll take care of you.

Like, if you wear crappy shoes all your life, versus wearing top of the line nikes or something, by the time you're 40, you may or may not have back pain and foot problems (lack of cusioning perhaps). But at the end of the day, the nikes may or may not have extended the life of your foot by mere days, months, years. Who knows.

I'd invest a little more money on it because once it's gone, it's gone.
    bahaha, lol, you must really loooove em nikes huh.

My Ride
    06 civic coupe EX

ahhh looks like i'm screwed, my dad is bald why god why!! it's not fair!!!
    You drive a manual, you only steer an automatic!

i'm 21 and i'm BALDING!!!! fudge! haha, i need suggestions for good shampoos!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Originally posted by awd
    Nothing to do with hair products IMHO -- Genetics and diet are what causes hair loss.
    True Dat...I use the Superstore brand shampoo every morning and have gel in my hair everyday. I'm not balding at all...
    Has an IQ of 138, but can't figure out basic algebra.

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Originally posted by Hanzo
    ahhh looks like i'm screwed, my dad is bald why god why!! it's not fair!!!
    Its got nothing to do with your dad's genes. Its your mom's genes so look at her brothers and father. That will help you see if you are going to be bald. Looks at bald uncle and grandfather.

Originally posted by redline_13000

Its best for women to shampoo and condition about every 3-5 days, depending on condition of hair.
    Ummm... 3-5 days? That's really gross. I sure hope girls aren't going without hair washes for 3-5 days at a time esp. w/ the hair products that are put into their hair daily.
    It turns my stomach to see people with super greasy oily hair (I always saw hair like that when I was in lectures).

My Ride
    an overpriced civic

well i narrowed it down to diet esp. considering i've been using the same hair care products for nearly 2 years. i also hadn't been eating properly for a while

i checked today and nothing really "fell out" so that was quite the relief....i'm gonna keep shampooing everyday and see where this goes. hopefully it doesn't lead to baldness

luckily tho, i think genetics are on my side

thanks everyone!

Originally posted by BlackFyre

1.)Your name is RaceBread? Seriously? Like White or Whole Grain? Pumpernickel perhaps? The correct word you were looking for is Bred, as in Inbred, as in what I see in your future.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

water soluable gel will be alright.. just gotta be careful of sticky waxes that dont really wash out.

You will lose like 45 hairs a day naturally or something like that. but excessive hair loss by the handfuls, you should be worried.

I love em nikes!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast