Quantcast
Forest Lawn is the city's most desirable neighbourhood for investment - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest Lawn is the city's most desirable neighbourhood for investment

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

Default Forest Lawn is the city's most desirable neighbourhood for investment

I told everyone this years ago,

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/RTGAMA...ullstory&site_

I mean seriously, forest lawn is in a prime location, mountain views, downtown, river, everything

never mind kensington dump, it was a place of crack whores and druggies 13 years ago.

now, its over rated,

I go into the starbucks the other day, by myself, leave the table for one sec to go put in more change in the parking metre come back a group of nw yuppes took my chair.

i left my notebook, cell phone, coffee there.

I ask why did they take my chair, they all have this clueless look on their faces,

i then say, "i can be in a coffee shop in forest lawn and this will never happen, they have class, you guys don't"

one the guys was so angered, and a guy from another table told me i am right

anyway back to topic, they are building 600 to million dollar homes, 3500 sq feet, homes just on the hill wiith downtown views. right on the hills just west of forestlawn/dover

My Ride
    03EP3, 97 Laredo, Soon GEE TERTY FIVE

lol

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

They still have a bad reputation due to the activity that takes place. Hang out on 17th Ave SE for an afternoon and experience it for yourself. I am speaking from personal experience because my mom has a shop there and there are frequent disturbances.

Having said that:

Visit 100 Acre Wood Pet Supplies for all your pet's needs!

My Ride
    09 GMC Sierra SLT

Too much for a house in my opinion. I could go on about how I do not like the stupid housing prices here etc....but that would just spark another stupid debate about it.

The houses are nice there. And it seems like a very nice neighborhood.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

On another note, I can't believe that they grouped Ranchlands in with Forest Lawn, Temple, Bowness, and the East Village. Demographically, it's not even close.

My Ride
    335i

^ neither are the other three
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Default Re: Forest Lawn is the city's most desirable neighbourhood for investment

Originally posted by CalgarySupra
    I told everyone this years ago,

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/RTGAMA...tory&site_

I mean seriously, forest lawn is in a prime location, mountain views, downtown, river, everything

never mind kensington dump, it was a place of crack whores and druggies 13 years ago.

now, its over rated,

I go into the starbucks the other day, by myself, leave the table for one sec to go put in more change in the parking metre come back a group of nw yuppes took my chair.

i left my notebook, cell phone, coffee there.

I ask why did they take my chair, they all have this clueless look on their faces,

i then say, "i can be in a coffee shop in forest lawn and this will never happen, they have class, you guys don't"

one the guys was so angered, and a guy from another table told me i am right

anyway back to topic, they are building 600 to million dollar homes, 3500 sq feet, homes just on the hill wiith downtown views. right on the hills just west of forestlawn/dover
    It's true.

Fucking yuppies.

Last time I was at a coffee shop in Forest Lawn, I went to the bathroom and a group of people stole the table (the chairs too).

My Ride
    335i

The only reason those areas are desirable for investment is because they are the ONLY areas left in Calgary where you can buy a property and rent it out for positive income or flip it for a reasonable profit anymore. And the only reason for that is because they are priced accordingly as a result of the area. Bowness and Forest lawn aren't prime real estate areas.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

Default Re: Re: Forest Lawn is the city's most desirable neighbourhood for investment

Originally posted by l8braker

It's true.

Fucking yuppies.
    whats wrong with NW yuppies

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

If you had done that in Forest Lawn...you would have come back to the table and your laptop would have been gone.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Yay I live in Forest Lawn too
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

Originally posted by Cruz
    They still have a bad reputation due to the activity that takes place. Hang out on 17th Ave SE for an afternoon and experience it for yourself. I am speaking from personal experience because my mom has a shop there and there are frequent disturbances.
    same here goes with me, even though I grew up near forest lawn, went to school at forest lawn high - I still don't like the area sometimes, its not that I can't handle it. Its cause my mom too has a business on 17th Ave SE, I don't like it sometimes when my mom closes up the shop by herself cause I'm busy doing other things. Its not that bad of a neighbourhood, but some of the people who reside there really need to grow up and stop being faggots. I hate vandalism as well..

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Yay I live in Forest Lawn too
    X2

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    The only reason those areas are desirable for investment is because they are the ONLY areas left in Calgary where you can buy a property and rent it out for positive income or flip it for a reasonable profit anymore. And the only reason for that is because they are priced accordingly as a result of the area. Bowness and Forest lawn aren't prime real estate areas.

Originally posted by Pacman
    If you had done that in Forest Lawn...you would have come back to the table and your laptop would have been gone.
    a bit worse

My Ride
    Memories...

Originally posted by kertejud
    Last time I was at a coffee shop in Forest Lawn, I went to the bathroom and a group of people stole the table (the chairs too).

My Ride
    07 Avalanche LTZ

Can I please live with drunken crackhead whores and gangsters as my neighbours????

My Ride
    NC1

haha good thread. Some funny comments

Anyway, the ridge along Deerfoot (26th ST/Southview and Barlow Trail/Albert Park) has some really nice views and some really nice homes have been built there.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1.7EL,GTR

Originally posted by tapout
    X2
    X3 i really like it around here. don't ask why, its quiet at night

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast