Quantcast
Integra Type-R advice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Integra Type-R advice

Default Integra Type-R advice

What are 2001 Black ITR's worth on the market? Clean history, No accidents, USDM front end, average kilometers (under 120,000), extremely clean inside and out, 5 speed.

Got a cousin in the states trying to get rid of his, and was wondering what I should be paying around after importation taxes, fees, etc. Thanks!

My Ride
    '95 dc2, '91 XJ

around here that would sell for about $20,000 give or take some.

If he's family then he should be giving you a deal. I'd say about $17k would be fair.

I've never understood why these cars are at all desireable, and why you can still get 17-20k for them. Is it because they don't make them anymore?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I've never understood why these cars are at all desireable, and why you can still get 17-20k for them. Is it because they don't make them anymore?
    Because they were factory built track cars. Back in 1997 when they came out (NA) they dominated the sport compact scene. It was only in 2002 when the WRX came out that the R was surpassed. Drive one and you will understand. They are fun and handle amazingly for a FWD.

My Ride
    99 JDM DC4

I'm gonna take a stab at this and say maybe it's cuz it's a 4 cylinder car epecially an "INTEGRA" where you can get about 200 hp for a fairly decent price! Fast car ....easy to work with and modify. And the history they have behind them

Alright, I dont agree with everything said really, but I was just curious. It doesn't really matter what I think if they sell for 20 G =).

My Ride
    99 JDM DC4

Alright, I dont agree with everything said really, but I was just curious. It doesn't really matter what I think if they sell for 20 G =).
    haha....face it dude....that's how it is! I Personally wouldn't go for them either...for that price range...rather choose something else.

My Ride

perhaps their price is also a bit higher because you dont see them every day like normal integras, they tend to be more rare and rarity of a car also determines the value of it among with the fact that thease cars have racing history and are pretty impressive for a stock N/A car

i only wish i could afford one right now if you can find one stock for under 20, go for it

My Ride
    2008 Toyota Tundra

Well why post your pointless comment? your not contributing to the thread....

Originally posted by 94teg

Well why post your pointless comment? your not contributing to the thread....
    Felt like it was the appropriate place to ask the question, instead of making a whole new thread. Sorry if I offended you.

My Ride
    06 S2000

They're also (I think, I could be wrong) Hnad built, or some such thing, at least I think the engine is... But I mean, how many other 1.8L cars put out 200hp stock while being 5 years old... Not too many (I think... again... haha).

It's more a collector type thing. I'd love to own one, but even being a Honda fanboy, I'd have to pick something better for the price range. I tend to find R's and lude overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2008 Toyota Tundra

It's a honda thing, if your not into Honda's then you wouldn't understand.....

My Ride
    Z

Supply and demand. This is a rough approximation of the numbers brought into Canada.

(500 1997, 1000 1998, 1500 2000, 1500 2001)

Now factor in the amount that have been crashed and of course stolen/stripped and the numbers obviously drop.

If you want a car that goes fast in a straight line then this isn't the car for you.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    They're also (I think, I could be wrong) Hnad built, or some such thing, at least I think the engine is... But I mean, how many other 1.8L cars put out 200hp stock while being 5 years old... Not too many (I think... again... haha).

It's more a collector type thing. I'd love to own one, but even being a Honda fanboy, I'd have to pick something better for the price range. I tend to find R's and lude overpriced.
    The intake and exhaust ports were hand polished.
    Last edited by DelSoln; 10-22-2006 at 10:45 AM.

My Ride
    1986 honda wagovan

Integra Type R's are well balanced cars straight out of the box.
    You can beat on it and not worry about reliability issues, as with most honda/acuras.
    like delsoln said, if your looking for a car that goes fast in a straight line...this car is not for you. But take the itr through a high speed corner and up and down the rpm range, as well as the braking(stock) and you'll have an understanding for why some people adore these things.

My Ride
    DC2-EM1-DC2R-UA7-AP1-FD5

since you guys are family 15-17 sounds fair to me.

i have personally driven a few type-r's and everytime i get into one i fall more in love with it, i have a gs-r but what i would do to find a completely stock 2001 black type-r.

super clean black type r? ooo sexy i will never be able to afford one..