Quantcast
HKS SSQV inserts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: HKS SSQV inserts

My Ride
    95 Civic Si

Default HKS SSQV inserts

Anyone have this BOV and tried changing the inserts? any feedback would be appreciated.. i'm trying to get mine to go from the shuttering sound to the high pitched one.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

yes they do work, is your ssqv brand new? should sound like 90% of the bov's out there

My Ride
    95 Civic Si

No my BOV is used. Sounds really nice but the shuttering sound gets a little bit annoying, i'd rather have the high pitched one. I hear the gold insert is what does that.

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
    yes they do work, is your ssqv brand new? should sound like 90% of the bov's out there
    by that you would mean gay? the high pitch sound every time i hear it on a car I want to go put a "I love rice" sticker on the car.

Now did you buy the expensive real deal inserts or the knock off ones which there are plenty of. BUT FOR THE RECORD, who gives a flying shit what your blow off sounds like so long as it works.
    Last edited by thesmackdown; 10-25-2006 at 08:26 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by thesmackdown

by that you would mean gay? the high pitch sound every time i hear it on a car I want to go put a "I love rice" sticker on the car.
    man...

almost every tom, dick, and harry has the ssqv if there car is turbo'd. thats why i said like 90% of the bov's out there

and for someone your age, isn't the word "gay" a little immature on your part when your describing something?

btw, didn't you have one???

No i don't have one, never wanted one. I have a greddy type R on my car. yes 90% of the cars use them and only because they make sound so people can know the car is turbocharged. This is kinda like people putting a cannon muffler on a 86 prelude. Not saying its wrong but who cares what the hell it sounds like so long as it works.

But oh yes making people here your 7 lbs of boost, yay!!!!

Oh and the term gay also means happy dont forget lol. Because the sound makes people so GAY
    Last edited by thesmackdown; 10-25-2006 at 08:29 AM.

My Ride
    95 Civic Si

pretty much impossible to get your question answered without getting called a fag or homo eh? I was just curious i haven't went out and bought anything yet.

If you really want it just dont buy the fake ones, they sell them for a lot cheaper but you won't be happy with the outcome. The real ones are only around 30-40 bucks depending where you find them and yes it is the gold insert.

But seriously why pay more money just to have your blow off valve make more sound?

My Ride
    95 Civic Si

Im trying to reduce the sound and from what i heard the gold insert makes a high pitched one but not as loud as the one i got now. what's on there now draws a lot of attention

My Ride

Originally posted by thesmackdown
    No i don't have one, never wanted one. I have a greddy type R on my car. yes 90% of the cars use them and only because they make sound so people can know the car is turbocharged. This is kinda like people putting a cannon muffler on a 86 prelude. Not saying its wrong but who cares what the hell it sounds like so long as it works.

But oh yes making people here your 7 lbs of boost, yay!!!!

Oh and the term gay also means happy dont forget lol. Because the sound makes people so GAY
    that is true, but to me unless your going for high boost there is no point for a bov. which is why i don't have one anymore. compression serge is the shit lol

lol i actually broke out laughing at the happy definition for gay

My Ride
    C5 Z06, sr20 s13, 05 Cummins

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

that is true, but to me unless your going for high boost there is no point for a bov. which is why i don't have one anymore. compression serge is the shit lol

lol i actually broke out laughing at the happy definition for gay
    Fuckin WERD. You and thesmackdown are like the only 2 cool people on beyond!! I had an ssqv...fuck did it annoy me so i sold it. BOV is the most common stupid mod people do to their cars, the best is when maf car owners put one on and the car runs like a bag of ass cause its venting...but they dont care because it picks up gold digging chicks.

Anyway...this whole last season i didnt run a bov and i was running like 1 bar of boost.... But compressor surge is not as detrimental to big BB turbo's as it is to stock ones.

Next season ill be running a greddy type R though, which is one of the only bov's worth running imo....it only releases when necessary (above 10psi give or take). None of this sensetive ass twin chamber bullshit....

That being said...purple is the least annoying.

My Ride
    1997 Toyota Supra

Thumbs down gay faggots

why don't you both shut the fuck up and get a fucking life dumb fucks..ur arguing about bov u panzi cunts..lol..dude if you wanna do what u want then do it coz u will get no answer from these fuckheads..ok..laterz

My Ride
    anything but domestic

Originally posted by canadianskyline

Fuckin WERD. You and thesmackdown are like the only 2 cool people on beyond!! I had an ssqv...fuck did it annoy me so i sold it. BOV is the most common stupid mod people do to their cars, the best is when maf car owners put one on and the car runs like a bag of ass cause its venting...but they dont care because it picks up gold digging chicks.

Anyway...this whole last season i didnt run a bov and i was running like 1 bar of boost.... But compressor surge is not as detrimental to big BB turbo's as it is to stock ones.

Next season ill be running a greddy type R though, which is one of the only bov's worth running imo....it only releases when necessary (above 10psi give or take). None of this sensetive ass twin chamber bullshit....

That being said...purple is the least annoying.
    Actually.....not all maf cars run like shit vta. I run my ca18det vta and i have had no problem at all. not even a blip below 800 rpm when i vent. The running like ass on vta sensitive cars is as easy as running a blow thru maf setup rather than draw thru. Just figured id throw that out there.

My Ride

Default Re: gay faggots

Originally posted by DARREN_LOCKYER
    why don't you both shut the fuck up and get a fucking life dumb fucks..ur arguing about bov u panzi cunts..lol..dude if you wanna do what u want then do it coz u will get no answer from these fuckheads..ok..laterz
    glad to see you can read, none of us were arguing

Its great to see that people out there actually do talk like they are low life scum. almost half of your post consists of swears. and we did answer his question.

My Ride
    SRT

lol, running without a bov yeah, i guess it's fine when you're not even making boost in the double digits, but to say people that flutter their BOVs are ricers is just retarded... if you have a turbo car, the fuckin thing is gonna keep going off, you cant fight it... the only way you can be obnoxious with a BOV is if you're also revving the shit out of your engine, which is obnoxious and annoying on its own regardless; a lot of the BOVs out there are loud, big freakin deal, stfu and get used to it... they're loud coz they are initially designed to hold 25-35psi, and they also need to release all that pressure... my hks (purple insert) is loud as fuck at 25psi, but i think the whistle is a lot more pleasant than other really loud BOVs like the turboXS RFL i had before or other similar sounding ones; that being said, i've heard it on a lot of 240s and skylines and it doesnt sound anywhere close to mine... most of hte bovs i hear are really really faint, even when you hear the people gunning the cars, so i agree that till you make big boost whatever bov you have wont make a difference, but i still think that just calling everyone a ricer is pretty dumb;

as to why go with hks, that's simple... it wont leak boost, and doesnt open till 4-7PSI of boost (i have an older style that you can adjust the spring on, the new ones dont so this may be off a bit) so again i dont see why you bitch that people would be ricers with it oh, and even neons dont use MAF sensors, so maybe everyone should upgrade to this new technology called MAP sensors

My Ride
    anything but domestic

I would just as soon run a bov, as its better on the turbo in the long run anyways. How can you classify something that is more necissary as rice. Rice to me is lots of foglights, decals, fart cans on stock honda civics, 4 door accords etc lol.

My Ride
    1997 Toyota Supra

Default Re: Re: gay faggots

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride

dude, whats wrong with you???

you come in and start bitching for no reason. his question was answered and we got on a topic of something different. and like i said before it was not a aguement it was a simple conversation about bov's.

Now look at your choice of language. in your first 5 works 40% of them have a swear or an insult. Why are you so offended. your on a forum, where people are allowed to voice there opinions. thesmachdown, canadian skyline, and I were just doing that.

and the answer to his question.......................................gold or purple insert

and i would say that to your face if you talked to me like this in person. Look at how you resolve a situation "i'll fucking stomp your head in" proving my statement is true because your resolution is beating the shit out of someone over a comment on a message board. big come back tough guy. My brother is just like you, you say the wrong thing to him and your fucked. and trust me pissing off a coke head thats twice your size with a short temper is a bit scaryer than a 19 year old, so you can't scare me.