Quantcast
Battlestar Galactica! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica!

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Default Battlestar Galactica!

As nerdy as the title may be, this has got to be one of the top shows on right now. I think the only thing holding a lot of people back from watching it is the geek factor. But I can tell you, it's not geeky at all.. it's basically a drama/action/political show.. that happens to take place in space.

Plus it stars Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. Who can say no to that?

Anybody else watch it? Last week's episode ranks up there with some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Yeah this show is pretty sweet. My friend gave me seasons 1 and 2 and now I agree it is one of the better shows on right now. Special effects are done quite well as well except for the robots.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

It is a good show...but true sci fi never fits the prime time.
    But I watch just about anything thats "out of this world!"

My Ride
    09 wrx265

loved S1 and S2, got all the latest S3 episodes but haven't got time to sit and watch them.
    but definetly one of the better shows currently out

My Ride

This, Heros, and My name is earl is the only things i'm watching this winter. i really like BSG.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'll let it queue up and d/l watch most of the season in 1 shot.

Kinda fun but it is a bit stale in its 3rd season. Espeically the US/Cylon refernce thus far.

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

I think the third season is great so far.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

At first when I heard about this series I hesitated to watch it but I went out and bought season 1 anyways. After watching the mini series then the first episode I was hooked!

What I was really choked about was buying season 2 and realizing they released it in two parts (Season 2.0 and Season 2.5)

Another letdown was the "webisodes" that they released before season 3 came out were not viewable in Canada (Did anyone download them from somewhere else and care to direct me to them?)

Season 3 is pretty sweet, and the I think the whole USA/Cylon/Iraq thing is done quite well. I usually hate crap that does that, but I find they did it well in BSG.

Anyone watch the original series? I tried to and found it not to my liking. Almost too cheesey. I wonder if the new BSG will end like the old BSG did though...

(kudos for starting this thread, I was to scared to show my nerdy side )

My Ride
    Civic SI / Ducati Monster

Yeah I love this show...
    I held off buying it because I didnt know if I would like it or not... but I sure am glad I did!
    I watched the 1st 2 seasons in a week, and Im hooked on the 3rd season

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Originally posted by eb0i
    At first when I heard about this series I hesitated to watch it but I went out and bought season 1 anyways. After watching the mini series then the first episode I was hooked!

What I was really choked about was buying season 2 and realizing they released it in two parts (Season 2.0 and Season 2.5)

Another letdown was the "webisodes" that they released before season 3 came out were not viewable in Canada (Did anyone download them from somewhere else and care to direct me to them?)

Season 3 is pretty sweet, and the I think the whole USA/Cylon/Iraq thing is done quite well. I usually hate crap that does that, but I find they did it well in BSG.

Anyone watch the original series? I tried to and found it not to my liking. Almost too cheesey. I wonder if the new BSG will end like the old BSG did though...

(kudos for starting this thread, I was to scared to show my nerdy side )
    Yeah I've been looking into buying all the seasons, but there's no rush, so I'm trying to find a decent deal.

I didn't even try watching the original series... it looked waaaay too dorky. Hahahah... But as for the webisodes, I'm pretty sure they're all up on youtube. I watched the first few, but I stopped cuz they were boring and uneventful, but they do explain some things.

My Ride
    86 DAYTONA TURBO

Quite possibly THE best sci-fi remake/new show ever. I got about 5 min into pt1 of the mini series and was like, "Lorne Greene who?". Incredible effects, amazing writing. The original vipers still used in service is cool too. My only minor complaint is, i wish they kept a little more to the original Cylon Centurion. The 1st style one on display in the soon to be museum that is Galactica was a nice touch though. Evolution I 'spose. Torn about the new Raiders and Base Stars. When Pegasus showed up.........DAMN.

P.S. Majestic12, you have by far one of the best signatures and avatars. Serves me right for consuming beverages while being logged in. Wonder if my monitor warranty covers "drowned by diet pepsi".
    Last edited by VF-1A; 11-09-2006 at 06:25 PM.
    -with great power comes great responsibility

-if you can't dodge it, ram it

-if it's not mopar, it's no car

My Ride
    Bicycle

The original is more like average episodes of Power Rangers.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

It is the best sci-fi series since Firefly and Babylon 5. Enterprise never really caught me up, but BSG had me hooked since minute one of the miniseries, despite the miniseries being quite slow (if you go back and watch it again a few times you realize the pacing is quite pedestrian).

I do like the little sci-fi injokes and cameos they have The original starbuck as Tom Zarek, Michelle Forbes (Ensign Ro from TNG) as Admiral Caine, etc etc, as well as the original Vipers alongside the new ones. I like the new BaseStars, and the new raiders are quite cool in my opinion.
    Geek

My Ride
    86 DAYTONA TURBO

[QUOTE]Originally posted by eb0i
    [B]

Originally posted by Xtrema

The original is more like average episodes of Power Rangers.

At the time it was stellar (excuse the pun). I'm sure in 28yrs* the current (and far superior) series will be just as cheesy as the original is viewed now.

*original theactrical release date-1978. thanks google.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by VF-1A

At the time it was stellar (excuse the pun). I'm sure in 28yrs* the current (and far superior) series will be just as cheesy as the original is viewed now.

*original theactrical release date-1978. thanks google.
    I'm talking about story, not sfx.

My Ride
    a non turbo Subaru

BSG is the best damned show on TV.

The webisodes can be downloaded off bit-torrent sites like mininova.

I've watched a few of the classic BSG episodes on TV. Their a bit cheesy but interesting at the same time.

I bet they release season 3 the same way as season 2, those bastards.

What I really love about the show is that even though it's sci-fi. It's done in a way that is believable. Characters in BSG are not perfect like in Star Trek. In BSG they have flaws and do their assigned roles on their ships and in society. And they show the best sides and worst sides of humanity at the same time.

My Ride
    86 DAYTONA TURBO

Originally posted by Xtrema

I'm talking about story, not sfx.

I was speaking generally. Sfx, story, acting, ship designs looking like cooking utensils and garden tool put together, etc...

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Anyone catch the last episode? I thought it was

Stupid Helo.

My Ride
    86 DAYTONA TURBO

Anyone catch the last episode? I thought it was

Stupid Helo.

As much as i agree, that's what makes this show so great. The psychology is so....human.

I think Helo is being a royal frakin tool. Adama has accepted that "Sharon" is not a typical hybrid yet, Helo still thinks that when Adama talks about, and attempts to, off the Cylon race, Sharon is included. She isn't even the same Sharon Adama knew and trusted yet, still gives her the benefit of doubt.

Helo has been in love with Sharon since, well forever, and has completely transferred those emotions to the "new" Sharon. It's completely sad and pathetic but possible. That's why, the whole time I'd be attempting to slap some sense into him, i would totally sympathize with him.
    Last edited by VF-1A; 11-14-2006 at 01:42 PM.

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

haha, hotdog got owned by a girl.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast