Quantcast
Survey for albertan residents (PLEASE help) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Survey for albertan residents (PLEASE help)

Default Survey for albertan residents (PLEASE help)

Hey guys, i'm doing a survey to gauge albertan views on oil sand development PLEASE HELP, it won't take more than a couple minutes. FOR ALBERTAN RESIDENTS ONLY PLEASE, all of this infortmation will remain confidential

for 1-10 questions 10=strong agreement, 1=disgreement

Questions:

1. Which best describes you? Male / Female

2. Are you a university student, or professional?

3. what is the extent to which you are aware of the economic, social, and environmental issues regarding development of Alberta oil sands (1-10)

4. Do you believe that global warming is a concern for our society today? (1-10)

5. Are you familiar with the factors that are linked to global warming, caused by oil sands development? Yes / No

6. Are you familiar with the term greenhouse gases? Yes / No

7. Do you believe that limiting and monitoring the emission of greenhouse gases is a concern? Yes / No

8. Do you believe that companies should be required to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that are responsible for climate change? Yes/No

9. Do you believe that conservation and maintenance of Alberta’s forest a major concern? (1-10)

10. Are you familiar with the local conservation efforts of the forest? (1-10)

11. Do you believe that the restoration projects that oil sand companies have planned for the forests affected by oil sand development is proficient to return the land to its previous state (1-10)

12. Do you believe that companies have done there part in returning the developed land to its previous states via these restoration projects up to date? Yes/No

13. Today in Alberta over 85% of the provinces boreal forest is open to industrial development, is this amount of forest available to much or to little by choosing between (1-10)

14. Should oil sand companies be able to use water from rivers (such as the Athabasca river) for bitumen processing Yes/No

15. Should oil sand companies be able to use water from rivers, under strict government regulations, in order to avoid fish habitat damage during low flow periods? Yes/No

16. Do you believe Alberta has enough protected areas, i.e. parts of landscape set aside as wildlife reserves? (1-10)

17. Do you agree that protecting our environment is essential, even if oil sand development is hindered? Yes/No

18. Do you believe wildlife such as woodland caribou should be protected even if this reduces opportunities for the development of oil sands Yes/No

19. Do you believe that oil sand development is essential to the Albertan economy? (1-10)

20. How important do you think oil sand development is for the future of Alberta (1 -10)
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

holy biased survey batman!

Originally posted by sputnik
    holy biased survey batman!
    Its for a conservation bio class, i want a good mark, u do the math....

i would GREATLY appreciate your help in completing a survey
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

If I might give you a suggestion in the way you made up the survey;

I think that your mark will be influenced by the design of the survey likely far more than how many responses you get, and there are some significant flaws with the way you have written it.

If you are going to design a survey that has an agreement/disagreement scale, then there should be statements for the respondant to consider, not questions. If it ends with a question mark and you then ask for an agreement/disagreement response it will not make sense.

Imagine if you were asking them of someone in person and if it would make sense:
    Q) What is the extent to which you are aware of the economic, social, and environmental issues regarding development of Alberta oil sands?

A) No way. I totally disagree with that.
    See - it becomes nonsensical.

If you phrase it along the lines of:

"3. I believe that I am aware enough of the economic, social, and environmental issues regarding development of Alberta oil sands."

Answer on a 10-0 Agreement/Disagreement scale

A properly phrased and designed survey will probably both garner more responses and look far more professional when you use it in class.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    2009 Forester

i am in strong agreement that i am a male.

i am also in disagreement that i am female.

which answer do I write?
    Tim

My Ride
    Nothing

Default Re: Survey for albertan residents (PLEASE help)

I'm bored so,

1. Which best describes you? Male / Female
    Male

2. Are you a university student, or professional?
    Hedge Fund Manager

3. what is the extent to which you are aware of the economic, social, and environmental issues regarding development of Alberta oil sands (1-10)

4. Do you believe that global warming is a concern for our society today? (1-10)
    1 (No)

5. Are you familiar with the factors that are linked to global warming, caused by oil sands development? Yes / No
    No (don't care, money > *)

6. Are you familiar with the term greenhouse gases? Yes / No
    Yes

7. Do you believe that limiting and monitoring the emission of greenhouse gases is a concern? Yes / No
    No

8. Do you believe that companies should be required to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that are responsible for climate change? Yes/No
    No

9. Do you believe that conservation and maintenance of Alberta’s forest a major concern? (1-10)
    No (0)

10. Are you familiar with the local conservation efforts of the forest? (1-10)
    No (1)

11. Do you believe that the restoration projects that oil sand companies have planned for the forests affected by oil sand development is proficient to return the land to its previous state (1-10)
    Don't care - (?5?)

12. Do you believe that companies have done there part in returning the developed land to its previous states via these restoration projects up to date? Yes/No
    Don't care

13. Today in Alberta over 85% of the provinces boreal forest is open to industrial development, is this amount of forest available to much or to little by choosing between (1-10)
    1 (too little, chop it all down)

14. Should oil sand companies be able to use water from rivers (such as the Athabasca river) for bitumen processing Yes/No
    Yes

15. Should oil sand companies be able to use water from rivers, under strict government regulations, in order to avoid fish habitat damage during low flow periods? Yes/No
    Yes

16. Do you believe Alberta has enough protected areas, i.e. parts of landscape set aside as wildlife reserves? (1-10)
    Yes (10)

17. Do you agree that protecting our environment is essential, even if oil sand development is hindered? Yes/No
    No

18. Do you believe wildlife such as woodland caribou should be protected even if this reduces opportunities for the development of oil sands Yes/No
    No

19. Do you believe that oil sand development is essential to the Albertan economy? (1-10)
    Yes

20. How important do you think oil sand development is for the future of Alberta (1 -10)
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info